The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Courtier

I think it would have been a PR disaster - jetting from one exclusive destination wedding to another. Not to mention - I believe that was his first week to report back to work

Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
huummm, not sure why but this sounds more like an excuse for me. I agree that the flights schedule would be a bit crazy (from SA to Switzerland to SA) but if Harry really wanted to be there, I think he could have managed
Not that hectic, he left Switzerland on Sunday the SA wedding was not until Wednesday. He could have done it and slept off the jet lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think it would have been a PR disaster - jetting from one exclusive destination wedding to another. Not to mention - I believe that was his first week to report back to work
If he was to report back to work then we know why he wasn't there. However, if he wasn't I don't think it would have been much of a disaster the people and press would have loved to have seen Henry in another sharp suit with a girl on his arm. They know he's on leave from his tour, and he hasn't been "hit" yet.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Nobility

I think his absence had to do with preparing for returning to work and official duties. Royal do have to check up with patronages, have meetings with their office staff, and the like. He probably just had to work. I don't think it's anything serious. I also don't think PR had anything to do with it or Cressida for that matter.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

If the wedding had been more private, I think Harry might have gone.
But he knew the rights had been sold to Hello; he's probably sick of the tabloids.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Not that hectic, he left Switzerland on Sunday the SA wedding was not until Wednesday. He could have done it and slept off the jet lag.

Jet lag? SA is in the same time zone!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Henry could have quite easily avoided being in the pictures that went in the magazine, if Sam and Isabella wanted him there they could have stipulated as such in the contract signed with Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That doesn't mean an 11 hour flight is not tiring.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

That doesn't mean an 11 hour flight is not tiring.
Is your argument about Harry potentially finding it tiring, or about jet lag?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Is your argument about Harry potentially finding it tiring, or about jet lag?
What is your point in this? I used the word jet lag to describe the tiredness Henry might feel after an 11 hour flight from Switzerland after a weekend of partying, to join another wedding party doing the same thing. I imagine you're going to tell me "jet lag" isn't the right word, but as it has no bearing on this discussion which I originally started to explain that Henry could do the flight, I'd save your fingers.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The wedding was on Wednesday but the party lasted many days. Guests arrived on Monday and left on Friday. It was a bit tiring, but I agree he could have done it if he really wished.

Quote:
If he was to report back to work then we know why he wasn't there. However, if he wasn't I don't think it would have been much of a disaster the people and press would have loved to have seen Henry in another sharp suit with a girl on his arm. They know he's on leave from his tour, and he hasn't been "hit" yet.
He was reported to be back to work that week though he was seen in London on wednesday night according to someone on twitter. I guess that means he was not back to work yet, right? But of course he could have been back on Thursday and we don't know that.
Also, as Anna Catherine pointed out, he could have meeting with his charities and stuff like that. In any case, I think he really didn't make an effort to be there. Of course I could be wrong, what do I know after all? But just my feeling... It could have been due to the whole exposition this wedding is having (Hello et all)
Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The wedding was on Wednesday but the party lasted many days. Guests arrived on Monday and left on Friday. It was a bit tiring, but I agree he could have done it if he really wished.

He was reported to be back to work that week though he was seen in London on wednesday night according to someone on twitter. I guess that means he was not back to work yet, right? But of course he could have been back on Thursday and we don't know that.
Yes the party lasted for many days, but that doesn't mean Henry needed to be a part of it. He would have got there Monday evening, if he'd flown from Switzerland on Sunday. Enjoying 4 days of partying. Depending which "work", I presumed he would be back at flying work however doing boths jobs he could have easily managed to go out for a drink on Wednesday evening.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with the first part.

I assumed being in London for a drink meant he was not back to duties because I thought that when he is working (for work I mean military) he is based in Wattisham, isn't he? I know he's back to London on weekends or at least on Fridays (not sure if he stays in London for the weekend or goes somewhere).but is it possible to be working Wednesday during the day, go to London for a drink and be back to Wattisham to work on Thursday?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Nobility

I think I understand him not going. I'm sure he could have made it. Maybe it was simply that he didn't want to stress out about going to the wedding with so many other things to worry about. I have those days. I don't go to events because its not worth the headache. I've got too much to so and think about. Besides a trip to a pub is a lot less time consuming and less costly than flying to South Africa.

Of course, we are just speculating. There are any number of reasons he didn't go and don't think the press was really that much of a problem for Harry. Unless he didn't want to upstage the bride and groom by his presence there with Cressida as I think someone stated.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What is your point in this? I used the word jet lag to describe the tiredness Henry might feel after an 11 hour flight from Switzerland after a weekend of partying, to join another wedding party doing the same thing. I imagine you're going to tell me "jet lag" isn't the right word, but as it has no bearing on this discussion which I originally started to explain that Henry could do the flight, I'd save your fingers.
Perhaps you ought to issue us all with a compendium that might explain what you actually mean when you use commonly used terms to convey messages other than they normally might do!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
huummm, not sure why but this sounds more like an excuse for me. I agree that the flights schedule would be a bit crazy (from SA to Switzerland to SA) but if Harry really wanted to be there, I think he could have managed
Totally agree with you here Julliette and I don't think work preparation would have held him back. Lamutqueen is right, he could have, at least, made part of the celebrations.

Mmm...interesting...
Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Nobility

^Well I'm all out of ideas lol. Either way he's back to work soon an doesn't have any events announced yet so:(
Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
but is it possible to be working Wednesday during the day, go to London for a drink and be back to Wattisham to work on Thursday?
4 hour round trip, so it would have to be a good drink. He was definitely not Wattisham working.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I think he is probably hunkered down somewhere on the Sandringham estate with his new best friend.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think he is probably hunkered down somewhere on the Sandringham estate with his new best friend.
did he get a dog?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

maybe.........

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

A Golden Retriever?

*scampers*

Closed Thread