The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Nobility

Here is a possible event for Harry, but it's in October in Australia.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/p...-1226591879775

Old 03-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Chelsy Davy (which have nothing to do with Harry's Current Events) have been moved to Royals' ex-partners

Thank you!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmasterSWKM View Post
As pertains to Prince Harry, Jamaica is only the tip of the iceberg, forming a Republic is a step into the past failures; British Columbia is doing both [past Traditional and Future Co-operatives;] maybe the Empire would stay together if they concentrated on peace and compassion rather than war. A Life-Flight Pilot is better for society than an attack aircraft. The people here wish that Harry could visit BC while it is still British [Canadian], but alas, that may not be possible.
Why would it not be possible for Harry to visit BC while it is still British [Canadian]?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Here is a possible event for Harry, but it's in October in Australia.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
I think it would be great if Harry is able to go.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Has Harry ever done an event in Australia before?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Has Harry ever done an event in Australia before?
During his Gap year yes.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

PrinceHarryPics ‏@PrinceHarryPics
Several tweets reporting Prince Harry was out earlier at the Brown Cow pub in Fulham. Cressida was not with him.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah! The Playboy Prince is out and about.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Nobility

Weird question but why is he called the Playboy Prince? Did he do Playboy? Lol joking. But seriously why????
Old 03-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Weird question but why is he called the Playboy Prince? Did he do Playboy? Lol joking. But seriously why????
Playboy just means someone who "pursues a life of pleasure without responsibility or attachments."
Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

Playboy just means someone who "pursues a life of pleasure without responsibility or attachments."
I guess that partly applies...
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Majesty

I think the media enjoy Harry's relationships. They didn't get a playboy out of William because he found what he loved and like in college. Harry's relationships is entertaining for the media.

I just wish him luck.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Courtier

I am disappointed that royal patronage was requested by our armed forces. We have so many heroes hereabouts that would have represented us more appropriately. Harry is English not Australian. I hope the invitation was for him to represent his country, not ours.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I am disappointed that royal patronage was requested by our armed forces. We have so many heroes hereabouts that would have represented us more appropriately. Harry is English not Australian. I hope the invitation was for him to represent his country, not ours.
Like it or not, the Royal Family maintains a relationship with Australia and it would be perfectly appropriate for Prince Harry to take on a military patronage there if asked and it if can be arranged.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Nobility

I think it's a celebration to honor the Australian Navy and they wanted to ask for a royal to be there to make it even more special. I don't think it was a snub to any heroes just a celebration of the heroes and their service. He's not representing your country, but honoring it.

If he is able to go:)
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Like it or not, the Royal Family maintains a relationship with Australia and it would be perfectly appropriate for Prince Harry to take on a military patronage there if asked and it if can be arranged.
I disagree. I find it a conflict of interest. He is English and serves the English (as he should). We are Australian and have had many of our loved ones die at the hands of the English (hence why we allied with the US after WW2), members of my family included. I believe it is no longer appropriate for the RF to represent us, they are entirely disconnected from our day to day life, struggles and successes. No doubt the reason why our Governor General has to be Australian.

I have no problem in them having a "relationship" with us, so long as they are not pretending to represent us. They do not. We watched as they actively and enthusiastically supported the English against the Australians at the olympics. Not a problem, just don't ever expect me to believe these people have our interest at heart. They don't.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think it's a celebration to honor the Australian Navy and they wanted to ask for a royal to be there to make it even more special. I don't think it was a snub to any heroes just a celebration of the heroes and their service. He's not representing your country, but honoring it.

If he is able to go:)
Thank you Anna, that sounds more appealing to me...
Old 03-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I, too, am disappointed about this. I suppose that as long as it is the "Royal" Australian Navy, this sort of thing is going to happen. Cheeses me off though.

ETA Maybe it's because it's Harry though. If it were Charles I'd probably feel delighted.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

I, too, am disappointed about this. I suppose that as long as it is the "Royal" Australian Navy, this sort of thing is going to happen. Cheeses me off though.

ETA Maybe it's because it's Harry though. If it were Charles I'd probably feel delighted.
Again that's not what's happening as I stated above. Honoring the navy nothing more. Celebrating the navy nothing more.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It's being comfirmed that this story about Harry going to Australia for the fleet review isn't true. He was never going.

Closed Thread