Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's being comfirmed that this story about Harry going to Australia for the fleet review isn't true. He was never going.

Aaaah, my faith in our armed forces (and their PR people) have been restored...thank you Dman, you have made my day! :flowers:

As his close friend Cressida Bonas attended the wedding of Isabella Calthorpe and Sam Branson, Prince Harry downed a few drinks at the Brown Cow pub in west London.

While Cressida Bonas attended the wedding of her half-sister Isabella Calthorpe and Sam Branson at a safari lodge on the edge of the Kruger National Park, her close friend Prince Harry was in more familiar surroundings.
Mandrake can disclose that the Prince spent Wednesday evening at the Brown Cow in Fulham, west London. The pub, which is owned by his “mentor” Mark Dyer, is where Harry had also headed on the first Saturday after his return from Afghanistan.
Prince Harry’s absence from the wedding may disappoint Cressida, whom he had joined on a skiing holiday in the Alps last month. He was in South Africa last week on a charity visit, but decided not to stay on.

Prince Harry keeps a date with the Brown Cow as Cressida Bonas parties - Telegraph

So she's now his close friend?

^ I think they are saying that because he was not at the wedding with her. But aren't they missing the fact the he's back to work? His military leave is up right? Actually I find it funny because the media made this big deal about them supposedly going to the wedding together and then had to back of their comments.

Damage control!!! Lol

Richard Palmer had said he isn't back to work yet. But, would be in a couple of days. Maybe he didn't want to go. I mean geez all the media was marrying these two off already they've been barely dating..since most of the relationship he was in Afghanistan.

Richard Palmer had said he isn't back to work yet. But, would be in a couple of days. Maybe he didn't want to go. I mean geez all the media was marrying these two off already they've been barely dating..since most of the relationship he was in Afghanistan.

Who knows Kate and William didn't go and Isabella was invited to their wedding. Maybe he couldn't for some reason.

Last edited:
After a certain month women aren't supposed to fly when pregnant...can't remember that month..but maybe that's why?

LaRae

After a certain month women aren't supposed to fly when pregnant...can't remember that month..but maybe that's why?

LaRae

It depends on the airline and women need a letter from their midwife/GP that states they are "fit to fly" if they are after 28 weeks gestation, though the risk of going into labour during a flight only increase at 37 weeks gestation.

What if Henry chose to be in London to try and stop Chelsy from leaving?:whistling:

[/B]

Yeah, didn't you see the photos of them in the snow? They were reeeal close...friends. Haha!:lol:

And she was even closer in the restaurant when he was bouncing her on his knee! :ROFLMAO:

I really don't think there's much of a real story here. We don't know exactly what is on either William's, Harry's or Kate's to-do list on the calendar and for all we know, there were pressing engagements, work shifts, doctor's appointments or even vet appointments to consider when it came to attending a wedding in South Africa. Lets face it, its not like the wedding was in the next county over, but a major flight to the other end of the world.

I'm sure that if all three of them were living a life of leisure and had nothing better to do on their schedule than perhaps cancelling a nail trim, they would have attended. We simply do not know and this article is typical Daily Fail one written within their fairy tale department.

Maybe he wasn't invited? He is not a friend of either the bride or groom, and was not obviously (actually still isnt) the "boyfriend". All weddings I know of do not keep adding new guests as it goes along. The list was probably approved 3-5 months ago.

Maybe he wasn't invited? He is not a friend of either the bride or groom, and was not obviously (actually still isnt) the "boyfriend". All weddings I know of do not keep adding new guests as it goes along. The list was probably approved 3-5 months ago.

I would imagine that all 3 were invited to the wedding. Isabella was very much a part of the Glossy Posse back when William and Harry established Club H at Highgrove. At one time William and Isabella were quite close I believe.

She said once that they only met when the papers already have talked about "them" and they they laughed together at it. But on the other hand she is reported to be part of the Glosse Posse. Contradicting reports, no? I don't know what is the true. In any case, I don't think they were ever close and if they were, they are certainly not anymore, I think. So maybe they weren't even invited? thought Isabella was at the royal wedding... Even if they were, I cannot imagine Kate & William going to a 4-day wedding in Africa while she's 5 months pregnant. And Kate never seemed very fond of Isabella, IMO, and Sam not being invited to the royal wedding shows the couple are not friends, at all. Kate and William's absence is not something that surprises me.
But then there's Harry. Him not being invited is a bit hard to believe IMO, for various reasons: 1st, wasn't Harry friends with Sam? even if not close friends, I think they were reported to be friends. 2nd, even if he was not in the list guest I think it wouldn't take much trouble to include another guest. 3rd, he and Cressida may be in the beginning of their relationship, but I think they are not in that phase of "seing if it works, way too early to meet my family, even if casually at an event" either. Harry already knows Cressida's mother apparentely and I suppose he knows the Calthorpes for ages.
But he could have been invited and decided not to attend. I thought it was for his work but he seems no to be back yet. Maybe he did not wanted to bring even more attention to him and Cressida, which makes me question how serious he and Cressida are, i mean, if they are serious sooner or later they'll be at weddings et all and they know everyone's attention is on them right now. Or maybe he prefered not to go because Hello! is there.

Mmm...I am certain more information will come to light soon Julliette.

I thought Henry was friends with both Isabella and Sam, if not he certainly new them both as we've pictures of them together. I'm not sure how you can say for certain that Henry is not Cressida's boyfriend.

William and Catherine are not the subject of this thread. Nor is the possibility of Harry becoming King. Off topic posts have been deleted.

Let's stay on topic...Harry's current Events

We did invite him and he wanted to come but he was in South Africa the week before with official duties so the timings didn’t work out.

huummm, not sure why but this sounds more like an excuse for me. I agree that the flights schedule would be a bit crazy (from SA to Switzerland to SA) but if Harry really wanted to be there, I think he could have managed

I think it would have been a PR disaster - jetting from one exclusive destination wedding to another. Not to mention - I believe that was his first week to report back to work

huummm, not sure why but this sounds more like an excuse for me. I agree that the flights schedule would be a bit crazy (from SA to Switzerland to SA) but if Harry really wanted to be there, I think he could have managed

Not that hectic, he left Switzerland on Sunday the SA wedding was not until Wednesday. He could have done it and slept off the jet lag.

I think it would have been a PR disaster - jetting from one exclusive destination wedding to another. Not to mention - I believe that was his first week to report back to work

If he was to report back to work then we know why he wasn't there. However, if he wasn't I don't think it would have been much of a disaster the people and press would have loved to have seen Henry in another sharp suit with a girl on his arm. They know he's on leave from his tour, and he hasn't been "hit" yet.

I think his absence had to do with preparing for returning to work and official duties. Royal do have to check up with patronages, have meetings with their office staff, and the like. He probably just had to work. I don't think it's anything serious. I also don't think PR had anything to do with it or Cressida for that matter.

If the wedding had been more private, I think Harry might have gone.
But he knew the rights had been sold to Hello; he's probably sick of the tabloids.

Not that hectic, he left Switzerland on Sunday the SA wedding was not until Wednesday. He could have done it and slept off the jet lag.

Jet lag? SA is in the same time zone!

Henry could have quite easily avoided being in the pictures that went in the magazine, if Sam and Isabella wanted him there they could have stipulated as such in the contract signed with Hello!

Jet lag? SA is in the same time zone!

That doesn't mean an 11 hour flight is not tiring.

Last edited:
Is your argument about Harry potentially finding it tiring, or about jet lag?

What is your point in this? I used the word jet lag to describe the tiredness Henry might feel after an 11 hour flight from Switzerland after a weekend of partying, to join another wedding party doing the same thing. I imagine you're going to tell me "jet lag" isn't the right word, but as it has no bearing on this discussion which I originally started to explain that Henry could do the flight, I'd save your fingers.

The wedding was on Wednesday but the party lasted many days. Guests arrived on Monday and left on Friday. It was a bit tiring, but I agree he could have done it if he really wished.

If he was to report back to work then we know why he wasn't there. However, if he wasn't I don't think it would have been much of a disaster the people and press would have loved to have seen Henry in another sharp suit with a girl on his arm. They know he's on leave from his tour, and he hasn't been "hit" yet.

He was reported to be back to work that week though he was seen in London on wednesday night according to someone on twitter. I guess that means he was not back to work yet, right? But of course he could have been back on Thursday and we don't know that.
Also, as Anna Catherine pointed out, he could have meeting with his charities and stuff like that. In any case, I think he really didn't make an effort to be there. Of course I could be wrong, what do I know after all? But just my feeling... It could have been due to the whole exposition this wedding is having (Hello et all)

The wedding was on Wednesday but the party lasted many days. Guests arrived on Monday and left on Friday. It was a bit tiring, but I agree he could have done it if he really wished.

He was reported to be back to work that week though he was seen in London on wednesday night according to someone on twitter. I guess that means he was not back to work yet, right? But of course he could have been back on Thursday and we don't know that.

Yes the party lasted for many days, but that doesn't mean Henry needed to be a part of it. He would have got there Monday evening, if he'd flown from Switzerland on Sunday. Enjoying 4 days of partying. Depending which "work", I presumed he would be back at flying work however doing boths jobs he could have easily managed to go out for a drink on Wednesday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom