Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appaently he is with Cressida Bonas and has also met up with Beatric and Eugenie

Look who

The pic in this article is from his Walking with the Wounded trip to the pole.

He may be there. She may be there. This pic does not show him in Verbier.

He's there - look at previous posts with confirming tweets. She may not be there - who knows!

I think that this relationship is being pushed hard by the press - mainly Express and Mail.

:previous: She went on a date (to a movie) as well as a holiday with him prior to the Vegas incident. To be sure, one cannot assume they were a firm item, but to say that they had not "dated" would be incorrect, I think.

Does she think he will be on the straight and narrow now? Really? Or perhaps she does not care? What does that mean? Either way, I see trouble.

I saw nothing that indicates me they are dating, ever dated or ever had anything. I only read things in the press and after some years following the royals, I've learnt no to believe everything I read anynore.
I have to stick to things I see. And what I saw was:

1. they both went to see the movie with a group of friends. Were they on a date? We don't know. Did Harry invite Cressida to go to the movies with him? We don't know. Were all of those people couples (Eugenie and Jack, Harry and Cressida, etc)? We don't know. What I saw was a group of friends going to the movies. I go to the movies many times with my friends, most of the times the group is made of couples+random people. The random people are not dating each other just because they went to the movies, I guess.

2. They were on holidays at Necker Island. So were many other people. Were all the other people dating? I don't think so. Again, what I saw was a group of friends holidaying together.

3. Even if they are now both in Verbier, again it looks more like a group of friends holidaying together.

When these 3 "things" happened, were they close to each other or just random friends? We don't know. Maybe they were. Maybe they are really seeing each other. Maybe they are not. Maybe they are just friends. Maybe they are not even that close friends. Maybe they just have common friends and happen to be together at the same place as part of a big group of friends. We don't know.

If we don't know, is it fair to assume they dated? I don't think it is.

PS: AdmirerUS, thanks for clarifying that. I thought about that when I saw the pic but wasn't sure.

PS2: cepe, I agree

Last edited:
If we don't know, is it fair to assume they dated? I don't think it is.

I don't see a problem with assuming they dated. "Dating" is just a word used to described two people going out together who have romantic designs on each other rather than mere friendship. Perfectly natural and no big deal.

If Harry is smart, he will keep people guessing until a relationship is well established. Dating? with a group of friends is a good way to keep people guessing.

It worked well for his brother.

LaRae

If Harry is smart, he will keep people guessing until a relationship is well established. Dating? with a group of friends is a good way to keep people guessing.

I think that would be a very smart move, and if the relationship doesn't work out, then there won't be any (or too much) fuss over it. I believe it took quite a while for the press to figure out that William and Catherine were indeed a romantic item, and that gave the said couple time to get comfortable with each other without the lenses and such in their faces on too frequent basis. Hopefully Harry can have a similar experience.

I don't see a problem with assuming they dated. "Dating" is just a word used to described two people going out together who have romantic designs on each other rather than mere friendship. Perfectly natural and no big deal.

We may have slightly different definitions of "Dating". Dating for me it's a bit different than going out together a few times... But no matter what definition we use (mine or yours) we both agree that dating describes two people who have romantic designs rather than mere friendship. And again, my point is: from what we can see (note that see is different from what we read in the DM), can we conclude they ever had any romantic designs on each other? I don't think so.

Seems that they truly have something

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Pictures taken today of Prince Harry kissing and cuddling with girlfriend Cressida Bonas on ski slopes in Verbier starting to drop in London

Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures
Have finally got 1st pictures of Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas skiing in Verbier. The young couple looked very much in love as they skied.

Seems that they truly have something

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Pictures taken today of Prince Harry kissing and cuddling with girlfriend Cressida Bonas on ski slopes in Verbier starting to drop in London

They were kissing and cuddling and that means they "truly" have something? Drunk encounter for all we know.

Will the british media print the pic? I can't help feeling a sense of excitement....

They were kissing and cuddling and that means they "truly" have something? Drunk encounter for all we know.

I happen to share your opinion here. Kissing and cuddling does not true love make. For all we know, they could have a 'no strings attached' arrangement. In any case, if they're fine with whatever it is they have, then I say leave them to it.

Lumutqueen, I expressed myself wrongly perhaps.
What I meant was that after my post where I said I saw nothing that indicated me that they ever had anything and that I don't believe they were more than just part of a group of friends, I may be proven wrong when the photo appears and for the first time I may see any evidence that they are more than people who share friends.

Darias, I agree with you. Kissing and cuddling shows nothing serious.
The word truly was wrongly used. I saw the reports on twitter and came immediately to post it here. I mistranslated the word in my language to english, my mistake, sorry

Last edited:
It seems like the photographers want to catch Harry with his new potential girlfriend. I would hope their privacy will be respected. I think when Harry is ready for everyone to know he's in a realtionship, he will have no problem seen in public with her. Like Chelsy.

It seems like the photographers want to catch Harry with his new potential girlfriend. I would hope their privacy will be respected. I think when Harry is ready for everyone to know he's in a realtionship, he will have no problem seen in public with her. Like Chelsy.

Niraj Tanna got the first pictures for agency Ikon. They will be published, I have no doubt, where is a different matter. Henry was with other royals as well as Cressida. It is ironic that this relationship is potentially 'outed' whilst skiing, exactly the same sport Catherine and William were.

I know, perhaps William gave him some tips.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Full story with astonishing pictures on Prince Harry's romance with Cressida Bonas in tomorrow's Daily Express

"astonishing" pictures? Really? :eek: I look forward to them. :lol:

So when is it ok to print royals on holiday and when is it not? Just thinking out loud, musing over varying standards because the Express did not print either the Vegas or Mustique pics. I'm guessing it's cos they are taken in a public place??? So - astonishing pictures in a public place? Can't wait!

I wonder the same, cepe.

About the atonishing, here is Richard Palmer tweet
Caitlin ‏@KateWillWatch
@RoyalReporter Hmm? Leads me to think this wasn't a simple kiss.

@KateWillWatch Nah, I'm just using a bit of hyperbole to try to get people to buy our paper in the morning. It will be good though. :)

Obviously there's nothing atonishing about the pics

About the different standars used when deciding to publish the pictures, the issue was raised in twitter too. Here is Richard Palmer's answer to it:

mimigirl ‏@rafegirl
@RoyalReporter will British press justify printing Pics of PH & Cress (public but private holiday )but not printing WK not fair payback ?
Richard Palmer
‏@RoyalReporter
@rafegirl I'm not aware of any issues. I think a ski resort is a bit more public than a private island resort

Rosana ‏@Rosana__R
@RoyalReporter I thought the british press didn´t publish pics of private holidays! Wait, it only applies to Willy the moaner!
@Rosana__R There have been plenty of pics of William and Kate on skiing holidays

Last edited:
So when is it ok to print royals on holiday and when is it not? Just thinking out loud, musing over varying standards because the Express did not print either the Vegas or Mustique pics. I'm guessing it's cos they are taken in a public place??? So - astonishing pictures in a public place? Can't wait!
I assume any pictures that are taken on private property, or when they royal expects privacy. So the pictures of Kate and William in France, the ones on their honeymoon and the ones of them in Mustique are private. Ditto the photos of Harry in Vegas since they were taken in his hotel.

Any photos where the royals is out in a public place is fair game. So these photos of Harry and the ones of William and Kate on their vacation in Verbier last year.

Last edited:
But Catherine and William were on a public not private beach? Vegas and France were private occasions yes. Ski slopes are fair game for the entire royal family that's been there.

But Catherine and William were on a public not private beach? Vegas and France were private occasions yes. Ski slopes are fair game for the entire royal family that's been there.

Even though the beach is "public" it's still on private island. Elle Macpherson won a lawsuit against Hello for printing photos of her on the beach in Mustique. The judgement was that even though the beach was public, she had an expectation of privacy since it's a private island.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom