Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what, the pictures and publicity about Harry will help the image and recruitment of British military. He IS a role model.

I find it hilarious that people think HM would abuse her role as Commander in Chief.

I find it hilarious that people think HM would abuse her role as Commander in Chief.

I'd also wager a huge bet that the thought of "commanding" Harry to Sandringham never once crossed her mind. ;)

regarding Harrys leaving not with his sqn. maybe he has orders from Commander in Chief HM to get to Sandringham :)

I'm thinking this was meant as a joke. There is a smilie face at the end.

I'm not sure how a smile at the end of a sentence means specifically it's a joke. This also wasn't the only poster who mentioned The Queen as CIC.

Of course it was meant as a joke; a tongue in cheek post.

When one polices a thread one has to find something to jump on. Otherwise, what's the point? :ROFLMAO:

You are hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Why thank you, Queen of the Lumuts! ;)

Besides, if Her Majesty jumped out of a plane at the Olympic opening, why not dress up in full regalia and order Harry to Sandringham?

Would this be the same Queen who has attended the passing out parade of new officers at Sandhurst only twice in recent decades, coincidentally in the years that her two grandsons passed out?

She may not 'abuse' her position as Commander-in-Chief, but she certainly is not afraid to use it.

...Harry might have sat in an Army barracks for the last 5 months IN Afghanistan. We will never know.

Glad he's home.

Besides, if Her Majesty jumped out of a plane at the Olympic opening, why not dress up in full regalia and order Harry to Sandringham?

I think there are a thousand and one reasons why not.

Would this be the same Queen who has attended the passing out parade of new officers at Sandhurst only twice in recent decades, coincidentally in the years that her two grandsons passed out?

She may not 'abuse' her position as Commander-in-Chief, but she certainly is not afraid to use it.

Might she have attended the passing out of her two grandsons just like any other grandmother or can you tell me she specifically used her 'powers' as CIC to be allowed at the event?

...Harry might have sat in an Army barracks for the last 5 months IN Afghanistan. We will never know.

Glad he's home.

And you don't think that we wouldn't have found out? Really pointless statement unless you could prove it.

Doesn't Sandringham allow a certain number of passing out tickets per family? I seem to recall that some RF members couldn't attend due to ticket number restrictions.
-----------------------------------

And you don't think that we wouldn't have found out? Really pointless statement unless you could prove it.

I said he "might have," not "did." Just speculating, just the same as other speculation that goes on in these threads.

Yes, it may have been a pointless statement, but luckily I am not alone in making them and I find it greatly amusing that my pointless statement got enough rise for you to answer with another...pointless statement.

Happy trails!!!

I'm glad that Harry is home, as I said before.

Aaah, what the hell? Make as many pointless comments as you like Kitty!:bounce:

Here, I will make one myself: Love that beautiful orange hair Henry boy has. Yeah, I definitely do.

Thanks to Dman for the links. What struck me the most was the comment: "There is quite a cruelty about this institution" i.e. the Royal institution.

Guys, you do realise that video is fake? The sound effects, at least.
At one point during the interview the alert was sounded and everyone (Harry included) had to immediately report to their posts.

Guys, you do realise that video is fake? The sound effects, at least.
At one point during the interview the alert was sounded and everyone (Harry included) had to immediately report to their posts.

The things I miss watching videos without sound eh? One thing I did recognize though is the look on Harry's face. All serious and putting on the mental frame of mind of full alert. I've seen it all too often when the fire and rescue sirens and calls have gone off here. One track mind... get down to what they need to do.

Harry's an officer but not much of a gentleman | Mail Online
I agree with what amanda platell says in this article, I know professional soldiers who never talk in private about these things let alone in public. I think it is immature of Harry, unmasculine even.

.................Take, for example, the way he revealed he had killed Taliban by 'taking them out of the game', as though warfare was just another video game. How desperately insensitive and reckless.
We all know that warfare is a dirty business and soldiers have their own way of discussing it among themselves. But never in public and certainly not when casually boastful comments will endanger the lives of those still on the frontline........

Last edited:
Harry's an officer but not much of a gentleman | Mail Online
I agree with what amanda platell says in this article, I know professional soldiers who never talk in private about these things let alone in public. I think it is immature of Harry, unmasculine even.

.................Take, for example, the way he revealed he had killed Taliban by 'taking them out of the game', as though warfare was just another video game. How desperately insensitive and reckless.

We all know that warfare is a dirty business and soldiers have their own way of discussing it among themselves. But never in public and certainly not when casually boastful comments will endanger the lives of those still on the frontline........

I honestly don't think Harry meant any harm in what he said. The press is milking this interview a bit too much, IMO.

Although I do think the Vegas incident was very much his and friends fault. I just don't think he liked that the Sun ran the photos.

Last edited:
What did this reporter want Prince Harry to say? Sounds like the reporter didn't like his response. He's in a war zone and in a war zone people on both sides fire weapons at each other and sometimes people get injured or killed in the process. That is how it is and I'm not saying this to be insensitive to anyone or offend anyone. Neither side is there to make friends.

I've heard much stronger language which could not be repeated on this forums among people I've known in the military who have served in Afghanistan and who have been in similiar situations as he has. I don't know why his comments to some are controversial. They were very mild comments about the situation IMO.

Last edited:
:previous: I dont understand it either. After all, he is an Apache co-pilot gunner

Some people just don't like to be confronted with reality. They now it's there, they just don't want it said out loud. If no one talks about it it's less real I guess.
And perhaps for other people the image of cute prince Harry who kills people doesn't add up. Cute princes don't kill people... prince charming doesn't kill people either. ;) I suppose Harry should just cuddle people to death in Afghanistan. :D

Some people just don't like to be confronted with reality. They now it's there, they just don't want it said out loud. If no one talks about it it's less real I guess.
And perhaps for other people the image of cute prince Harry who kills people doesn't add up. Cute princes don't kill people... prince charming doesn't kill people either. ;) I suppose Harry should just cuddle people to death in Afghanistan. :D

The knowledge that someone you know has been to a war area and has consiously killed people is a painful thought. On the one hand he/she is a murderer (harsh word, but true), on the other hand he/she is still your friend and the same as he/she ever was (to you). This results in very conflicting emotions.

The same applies to Harry and how we see him.

Colonel Tim Collins wrote in the Daily Mail the other day that Harry was talking about these issues just in the same way any other soldier does. They use terms like "taking them out of the game" to basically see themselves through their time in that utter hellhole. It's a psychological technique that soldiers use to survive and to try and not go completely potty. Harry and his colleagues were not there for peacekeeping, or UN humanitarian assistance. This is kill-or-be-killed combat with an enemy who think nothing at all of beheading women for the 'crime' of having been a victim of rape.

BBC3 had a series of documentaries where they were embedded with a group of British soldiers in Helmand, on the ground, getting shot at, losing comrades and trying to go about their job of making that country a safer place for its citizens in 40 degree heat. Anyone who thinks what Harry said was bad, I can only assume, has never actually spent any time with a real soldier who's had to use their weapon outside their training grounds.

The media's just picking on Harry and trying to make it seem like he's not taking the war very serious. He pretty much spoke as a soldier, not as Prince Henry of Wales. I guess the media wasn't expecting that.

I quite agree. Its almost as if people think the soldiers in Afghansitan are just rounding up the Taliban and saying "now you guys have been very naughty (IEDs, shootings, rapes etc), go into a corner for a time out and stay there until you are ready to apologize". Somehow war has become so sanitized its as if people do not realize that people die in a war, and that Harry and the others face it every day they are in the war zone. If he or his compatriots are being attacked, obviously they fire back and yes that means people get killed. Is reality so difficult for some people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom