The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
This is a classic Daily Mail article. Sometimes you just have to laugh at their desperation to make the most obscure and pointless stories into big scandals.

If this man had left the island to Harry, it never would've held up in a British court anyway.
To be fair, it's not a Daily Mail article - it's a Daily Record one.
DM is not the most ethical newspaper in the world, but even it wouldn't stoop that low (at least, I hope so). Besides, their stories usually feature the "royal insiders".

Just out of curiosity: why wouldn't a British court uphold a person's desire to leave his/her property to someone? Is it really different from, say, Mrs. Greville's bequest?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Prince Harry loses out on inheriting remote island from German Count

One more thing: Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees died on 23 June 2012 - long before Harry's Vegas holidays, so I fail to see what it had to do with him deciding not to leave the island to Harry after all. Oh, and incidentally - he was no Count (as in nobility title) at all.
One has to seriously doubt that the Las Vegas stind of Harry would have changed the mind of the Count, reading this orbituary.

Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees - Telegraph

But a fascinating life!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Courtier

From Las Vegas to Camp Bastion: Prince Harry returns to Afghanistan to fly attack helicopters in fight against Taliban | Mail Online
Old 09-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Serene Highness

CBS news is reporting that Prince Harry has returned to Afghanistan. I hope that he and all of our troops, whether they are from GB, the US or our allies, will be safe and bring peace to the people of Afghanistan.

Prince Harry returns to Afghanistan - CBS News
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish they would stop reporting his movements when he's deployed.

LaRae
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

They knew they couldn't keep it under wraps this time. The media wouldn't abide by any request from the government not to report on his deployment. All they've said is that he's now in Afghanistan for a 4 month deployment.

I'm sure everyone in the country will hope for the safe return of not only Harry, but all his comrades in Afghan in due course. Harry's trip to Las Vegas was obviously a last weekend of fun ahead of 4 months in the most dangerous place on earth. Good on Harry.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Majesty

I am sure TRF members would join me in wishing Harry and the other troops a safe deployment.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

We definitely do, muriel. I hope all of them can be back home in 4 months safe. After watching Harry's Mountain Heroes last night I realised how dangerous it is and how such awful things can happen in just seconds. And that just increases my respect for Harry and all others in military.
It must be particularly dangerous this time that everyone know where he is but Harry is so courageous. I feel very proud of him right now
Old 09-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just heard that Prince Harry was just deployed back to Afghanistan and I will keep him an all the other troops in my prayers. I hope they all get back home safely.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish Harry and his Troop all the best during their tour, and I also wish their safe return.

Will Harry be back for Christmas?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 AM

I am proud of Harry and happy that he is fulfilling his wish to serve in Afghanistan again.

However, I am also concerned for him and his comrades. Now that the world knows he is in Afghanistan, the Taliban will be targeting him and Harry and the others are in real danger now. I know a blackout could not be possible again, but I am worried.

Stay safe, Harry and God bless you!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I am proud of Harry and happy that he is fulfilling his wish to serve in Afghanistan again.

However, I am also concerned for him and his comrades. Now that the world knows he is in Afghanistan, the Taliban will be targeting him and Harry and the others are in real danger now. I know a blackout could not be possible again, but I am worried.

Stay safe, Harry and God bless you!
The Ministry of Defence undertook a risk assessment when they were deciding whether Harry should go to Afghan, and also whether they should be open about it or try to impose a media blackout.

They've decided that British personnel are already in huge danger from the Taliban, Harry or no Harry. Harry will pilot an Apache and the British have never had one of their Apache's shot down. When not on operations, Harry will be in Camp Bastion, which is probably the safest place in Aghan.

All in all, I don't think Harry's presence will lead to a significantly increased risk for the British troops. If anything, his service will probably boost morale among the British forces which has been waning as a result of MoD cuts and job losses.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good luck to Harry and his team! I hope they all stay safe.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The best of luck to Harry and every single soldier who is on the frontline.
May you all return safe and sound.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Damn, he looks fine in his military outfit.

That said, the best of luck to him and all the men and women out on the front line.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal Captain #Harry Wales' duties will include carrying troops or equipment to targeting Taliban Fighters who've attacked ground troops

#royal Prince #Harry will spend 10 days honing his skills before going out on operations in his role as co-pilot gunner

#royal #Prince Harry will be the one firing the weapons including Hellfire Missiles - he's likely to have taken lives by the end of his tour

I wish Harry and his fellow soldiers all the best and hope everyone comes back safely.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

Good for Prince Harry! He's part of a centuries long tradition of royal military service

Royals on the Battlefield: Prince Harry Returns to Afghanistan | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I salute Harry and all our men and women in uniform who are serving our countries in harms way. I just hope they return safely.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well, it didn't take long for threats to surface...

Taliban to C4N on Harry:
Quote:
"Its good news as we always search for such precious birds. Our priority will be to kidnap him at any cost. We'd like to eliminate him through Afghan friends working with British troops. We will kidnap him we have our informers at the military base being used by the British troops here in Helmand."
(courtesy of @bendepear)
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well everything about this was obvious.
Prince Harry: From Las Vegas to Afghanistan as royal Apache helicopter pilot joins fight against Taliban | Mail Online