Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think he got the toughest competition from fellow royals (plus Clooney) and you can't argue with that too; Amedeo, Philippos, Pierre and Carl Philip are all not too shabby looking guys, aren't they? ;)

Harry still not home. :sad: I did a news search 662 squadron 3 regiment and got nothing for the last week in news.
Has anyone herd anything from service members about tours getting extended in general? Here in the US some submariners I know of had leaves cancelled and tours extended - we think due to events in Syria/Turkey but that's a guess because all their missions are secret. That's all I've heard about extended tours over here. Anyone?

Harry still not home. :sad: I did a news search 662 squadron 3 regiment and got nothing for the last week in news.
Has anyone herd anything from service members about tours getting extended in general? Here in the US some submariners I know of had leaves cancelled and tours extended - we think due to events in Syria/Turkey but that's a guess because all their missions are secret. That's all I've heard about extended tours over here. Anyone?

According to this fella on twitter;

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch
Confirmed: Your wait is almost over. Prince Harry will return to England next week. Stay tuned.

Also according to twitter and several newspapers, Henry COULD serve in Afghanistan for a third time as early as next year.

I hope he's back soon, I miss seeing Prince Harry. Although I'm sure he's relished the opportunity to serve his country completely out of the public eye.

HRH has completed his tour of duty in Afghanistan [according to the BBC], and is on his way back home to the UK.

He has given a candid interview to the BBC, on completion of this part of his military service. It will be very good to have him safely home.

Last edited:
BBC News - Prince Harry in Afghanistan: I fired at enemy

His tour was five months, not four which is why he hasn't returned sooner. The Prince will "decompress" in Cyprus.

SkyNews has a documentary "Back on The Frontline" airs at 8:30pm UK time. He's given 3 interviews during his 3 month tour. There's an awful reporter at St James' Palace for SkyNews right now, all he's talking about is how Henry's job is "done" and he'll cover William and Catherine's back while they have a baby.

Prince Harry confirms he killed Taliban as he returns from Afghanistan saying: 'Take a life to save a life' - Telegraph

Prince Harry reveals life on the front line in Afghanistan and says Prince William is jealous of his tour of duty | Mail Online

Prince Harry Vegas: What Prince Charles tells his son and the story behind those photos | Mail Online

Prince Harry and Prince William: Sibling rivalry between the royal brothers revealed | Mail Online

Prince Harry Camp Bastion: 'I'm not academic but I thrash the guys at Fifa' | Mail Online

Last edited:
Watching SkyNews right now and Henry was in the middle of an interview and he was 'called' to action and he had to loose the microphone and run to the helicopter, you could hear the news reporters telling people to "get out the way" very exciting to watch IMO.

The attack on Camp Bastion was on Henry's birthday and apparently gave him a 'reality check', he wanted to be back on the ground with his companions rather than flying in helicopters. Henry apparently also has "no plans" in a future military career.

Also - they're reporting that Henry's war is 'over' but according to the MOD he could go back as early as next year. Henry went out to Afghanistan upon agreement from the press that his cover was blown and in return they got 3 interviews whilst he was out there. Henry's feelings remain hostile towards the press for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
:previous:
I've heard he could be deployed for the third time as well but Sky News said "almost certainly not".
You can really feel Harry's dislike for the press in pretty much every word he says - and he doesn't try hard to try it either.

The documentary on Harry will be shown at 8:30 pm (British time).

Paul Harrison's seems to know nothing about the man he's talking about. It's hilarious for a "royal correspondent".

Quite a strange list!
I mean, Nicholson must be around ninety by now, and Clooney is...let's say, apt to stay a bachelor? ;)

Jack is 75 and Clooney is currently dating Stacy Ann-Marie Keibler a wrestler.

SkyNews needs to sort out its reporting skills because it's pathetic. Henry is currently in Cyprus 'decompressing', he'll then have a few weeks off when he gets back and then back to Apache work. Seriously sick of the reporters saying he needs to 'cover' for his brother who can stay in Wales until he becomes King and Henry can "open things". This Kate woman is finally talking some sense!!

Apparently Henry is going to have 2013 'dictated' to him because his brother is in Wales and Catherine will be concentrating on the baby, then they'll both be out of action when they'll be looking after the newborn. Feeling so sorry for Henry right now.

Last edited:
IS the same interview being shown on Sky and BBC?

IS the same interview being shown on Sky and BBC?

Different from what I can see but along the same lines. SkyNews seem to be able to tell the future which is rather annoying.

Last edited:
A very frank interview from Prince Harry on ITV.

His bitterness towards the press is clear for all to see. He's angry that, in his view, William and Kate were forced to announce their pregnancy early because of the press. He is very bitter about the Las Vegas photos. He says that the newspapers all knew when that happened that he was heading to Afghan, that LV was a last hurrah, in his words he was "too much soldier, and not enough Prince". He thinks the papers should've born in mind the fact that he was heading to a warzone to serve when deciding whether or not to publish those photos. He says there is "no such thing as a private life" as far as he can see.

He said that the press had written about his relationship with his sister-in-law, but they know nothing about it and are wrong in what they write (that he and Kate were writing to one another while he was in Afghan).

He clearly is unhappy to be coming home because it's back to the press scrutiny that he obviously hates so much. I felt uncomfortable at times with how angry he appears to be. The Queen and PoW are going to have to get Will, Kate and Harry in a room with the main press players and try and thrash out a compromise on the issue, otherwise the atmosphere is simply going to become more and more poisonous.

Tomorrow's DM front page with read "Harry - I have killed". Why do they have to twist words like that? It's awful.

I've seen a few excerpts from Harry's interviews and he seem really angry with the media. I wonder if this is going to result in him being more closed off with the press?

He clearly is unhappy to be coming home because it's back to the press scrutiny that he obviously hates so much. I felt uncomfortable at times with how angry he appears to be. The Queen and PoW are going to have to get Will, Kate and Harry in a room with the main press players and try and thrash out a compromise on the issue, otherwise the atmosphere is simply going to become more and more poisonous.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. :lol:

He's pretty angry and this won't be the last from Harry on media scrutiny and having some privacy. There'll be a few blowups coming down the pike, because the media is not going to co-operate with Harry's idea that he's entitled to privacy.

And if Harry eventually chooses a partner that it is not really ready for the kind of media frenzy that Kate has endured, he's going to create a real fuss.

The more of a fuss Harry makes, the worse it's going to get.

I've just watched the BBC programme. I expect that each network has a slightly different take.

My main take is that he hated every minute of those interviews. It was obvious in the speed at which he spoke and his dismissive approach to the interviewer(s). It was part of a "deal" that he would do this, on the basis they did not write about his tour till now. Awful that a deal needed to be done. His resentment is understandable and goes back to "very early on" (or words to that effect) which the programme translated as referring to his mother, to the extent of showing a clip of her.

The obviously loves his job but would rather be with his men in his army unit.

He is modest about his abilities but although not accademic, he is intelligent, with strong interpersonal skills (apart from journalists) and must have strong spatial awareness. Interesting character.

I've already read twitters from journalists complaining about Harry "whinging" about the media.

My favourite line - re Vegas "more Army than Prince". I think that's how he prefers it.

I'm rethinking speculating over his life. It now seems very intrusive

My favourite line - re Vegas "more Army than Prince". I think that's how he prefers it.

If he hates it so much, he has choices. If he wants to remain a Royal, he needs to get a grip.

If he hates it so much, he has choices. If he wants to remain a Royal, he needs to get a grip.

Yes, he has choices, but he gets to remain a Royal no matter what.

I'm so happy he's finally coming back!

He is right about being angry with the media and I'm glad he recognizes his behaviour in Las Vegas was wrong.

Heedless, cold hearted response.
Really cepe? Why should he get to have his cake and eat it too? Why should he get it all his way? If he hates it so much that he can't remain civil to the press, he should surrender his Royal style and live the life of an ordinary, but extremely wealthy, army officer. Let those who can control themselves be Royals and enjoy the privileges of Royal status.

Last edited:
I feel for him, but I don't know if there is anything that can be done. He is not the first, or the only royal that has had to deal with a very intrusive (and sometimes nasty) media. I'm sure the other members of the BRF, are equally unhappy with having their lives dissected and picked apart. Maybe he should sit down with his grandmother and father and ask them how they have handled the unwanted scrutiny.

I do understand his anger and frustration, but unfortunately he is part of the royal family. Unless he decides to give up his title, he (and William) are going to have to accept that the media will be interested in them, and that they will only be able to control the media up to a certain point.

Last edited:

This is a tad naive. He will be followed and written about for the rest of his life.

Quote from Harry.

"I don't believe there is any such a thing as private life any more. I'm not going to sit here and whinge. Everybody knows about Twitter and the internet and stuff like that. Every single mobile phone has got a camera on it now. You can't move an inch without someone judging you, and I suppose that's just the way life goes."

And you just judged him.

Different perspectives between us - that's the way it goes.

Really cepe? Why should he get to have his cake and eat it too? Why should he get it all his way? If he hates it so much that he can't remain civil to the press, he should surrender his Royal style and live the life of an ordinary, but extremely wealthy, army officer. Let those who can control themselves be Royals and enjoy the privileges of Royal status.
He doesn't have to surrender his Royal style to live the life of an ordinary, but extremely wealthy, army officer. He can just go and live the life of an ordinary, but extremely wealthy, army officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom