The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree Daria S...when Harry is bad he is awful.

But when he is good... he's very very good!
Hopefully with experience will come wisdom and ability to balance things out. He has a great deal of potential.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Majesty

Right. I want Harry to mature and use better judgement, but to retain the essence of his appealing personality.

I hope he finds a way to do it.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Although I can't hear the video (no CC),
What is CC? You know he does look alot like Prince Charles in that video also, I never saw so clear as I did now.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Right. I want Harry to mature and use better judgement, but to retain the essence of his appealing personality.

I hope he finds a way to do it.
You and me both .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
What is CC? You know he does look alot like Prince Charles in that video also, I never saw so clear as I did now.
CC is closed captioning for the hearing impaired.

When I first saw the post with the video (it was frozen with an arrow) I had to do a double take as the resemblance to Charles is so uncanny.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
CC is closed captioning for the hearing impaired.

When I first saw the post with the video (it was frozen with an arrow) I had to do a double take as the resemblance to Charles is so uncanny.
Another uncanny family resemblance is Peter Philips and William. There is a picture of Harry and Peter at the Olympics. Peter is on his feet cheering and I initially was sure it was William. It wasn't. It was Peter.

P.S. Harry also has 'inherited' Charles' natty-dresser gene (of course, Diana was no slouch when it came to the sartorial). I also find Harry's spoken voice and enunciation way more pleasant than William's (though here is not the best example since he seems to be racing and slurring his speech - might be nerves - he could learn delivery from Charles, slow and precise does it).
Old 08-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Another uncanny family resemblance is Peter Philips and William.
YES YES! Family genes are so weird. My sister and my aunt look like twins when they were young, it's so eerie looking at their pics.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Harry has a nice voice. I agree that the delivery is a little rushed, but I think he did well. Where do you get his official schedule? Will he be appearing at the Paralympics games? I know they said he wouldn't appear in the closing ceremony.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher
Prince Harry has a nice voice. I agree that the delivery is a little rushed, but I think he did well. Where do you get his official schedule? Will he be appearing at the Paralympics games? I know they said he wouldn't appear in the closing ceremony.
Harry's engagements will be on the BRF and Clarence House diaries.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The most obvious trait is the "chewing" of the lips - both Charles and Harry do this. Both princes have inherited the "hands" thing (dont know how else to describe it) from Charles but, interestingly, I think Catherine now does it as well. It goes:

Fingers grasped, apart, open hands with fingers apart, come together, fingers grasped etc etc.

As for family likenesses, Harry's nose is obviously inherited from his Grandmother

Queen Elizabeth II Smiles At Prince Harry As She Inspects

and his great(x?) uncle Edward VIII

Edward Windsor Prince Of Wales Circa 1925 He Acceded The

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry does remind me of his great uncle Edward.

LaRae
Old 08-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

great LaRae - I thought it was only me.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
As for family likenesses, Harry's nose is obviously inherited from his Grandmother

Queen Elizabeth II Smiles At Prince Harry As She Inspects
Wow! The exact same nose!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
...As for family likenesses, Harry's nose is obviously inherited from his Grandmother...
...and his great(x?) uncle Edward VIII
A clarification:
Harry may have some characteristics in common with the Duke of Windsor but he cannot have inherited them from him.
The direct line is George V > George VI > Elizabeth II > Charles > Harry
Whatever the legacies Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor left to posterity, his genes were not among them.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
A clarification:
Harry may have some characteristics in common with the Duke of Windsor but he cannot have inherited them from him.
The direct line is George V > George VI > Elizabeth II > Charles > Harry
Whatever the legacies Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor left to posterity, his genes were not among them.

Warren I agree - therefore Edward Viii and Harry could have inherited their "nose" from either George V or Q Mary - I think its QM (but only because QEII looks so much like her)

Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
great LaRae - I thought it was only me.
There are some pics out there I saw a few months ago of Edward at a younger age and they are very similar to Harry around the same age.

Between these pics and Harry having the same nose as his 'granny' that should stop the 'he's not the son of Charles' comments.

LaRae
Old 08-27-2012, 12:54 AM
Majesty

I recall an article showing how much Prince Harry looks resembles Queen Mary. It is remarkable.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry loses out on inheriting remote island from German Count
Quote:
Prince Harry has missed out on the perfect spot to escape his Las Vegas party of shame. Lawyers for an eccentric German count have done a U-turn on his promise to leave a deserted Scottish island to the royal. Little Bernera, in the Outer Hebrides, was owned by Count Robin Mirrlees before his death in June, at the age of 87. He said in an interview that he would leave the 250-acre private island to the prince after a fall-out with his son.
This has to be the most pointless article EVER.
Having wasted a couple of minutes of my life actually reading it, here are a few quotes to give you an idea about the "lost inheritance" without repeating my mistake:
Quote:
“The will of Count Mirrlees is now registered in the Books of Council and Session in Edinburgh, the main beneficiary being his grandson.”
Quote:
Harry’s press secretary Miguel Head said: “None of us have any recollection of this offer having been made.”
One more thing: Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees died on 23 June 2012 - long before Harry's Vegas holidays, so I fail to see what it had to do with him deciding not to leave the island to Harry after all. Oh, and incidentally - he was no Count (as in nobility title) at all.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...end-Vegas.html
Old 09-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Prince Harry loses out on inheriting remote island from German Count
This has to be the most pointless article EVER.
Having wasted a couple of minutes of my life actually reading it, here are a few quotes to give you an idea about the "lost inheritance" without repeating my mistake:
One more thing: Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees died on 23 June 2012 - long before Harry's Vegas holidays, so I fail to see what it had to do with him deciding not to leave the island to Harry after all. Oh, and incidentally - he was no Count (as in nobility title) at all.
This is a classic Daily Mail article. Sometimes you just have to laugh at their desperation to make the most obscure and pointless stories into big scandals.

If this man had left the island to Harry, it never would've held up in a British court anyway.

Closed Thread