The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Harry is not already a baby!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Neither are William or Kate.
The article refers to baby names; apparantely, Harry is now the most popular baby name in the UK.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

From Party Prince to the Queen's Representative: The Rise of Prince Harry in 2012

From Party Prince to the Queen’s Representative: The Rise of Prince Harry in 2012 | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynHarris View Post
From Party Prince to the Queen's Representative: The Rise of Prince Harry in 2012

From Party Prince to the Queen’s Representative: The Rise of Prince Harry in 2012 | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
He is becomming such a fine young man, that I'll bet his mother would have been sooo proud of.
I always get a little annoyed when he is refered to as a party prince and a disgrace for the BRF. Yes of course his costume was not the wisest choice, but to have it repeated with every article written about him is for my part exaggeration.
Nice to see that he gets some well deserved recognition for a change.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Courtier

I think Harry has done a wonderful job this year. And I think it is great that he, William and Kate have formed a good team and seem to have a great working relationship. They definitely appear to be setting up a serious court at KP to continue all of this good work.

But after such a great year and a wonderful solo tour - i was a bit surprised at how utterly terrified Harry looked at the closing cermonies. I wonder how far in advance he knew he was going to be introduced to stand in for HM. I got the feeling that may have been a relatively new development - maybe he assumed Anne would take on that role. It was nice that he had a friendly sister sitting next to him.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think Harry has done a wonderful job this year. And I think it is great that he, William and Kate have formed a good team and seem to have a great working relationship. They definitely appear to be setting up a serious court at KP to continue all of this good work.

But after such a great year and a wonderful solo tour - i was a bit surprised at how utterly terrified Harry looked at the closing cermonies. I wonder how far in advance he knew he was going to be introduced to stand in for HM. I got the feeling that may have been a relatively new development - maybe he assumed Anne would take on that role. It was nice that he had a friendly sister sitting next to him.
That surprised me, too. He looked so nervous.

He's done a great job this year.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Majesty

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or bang my head against the wall in regards to this article. It's a very slow news day indeed:

Prince Harry Vows To 'Care' For Kate Middleton If 'Anything Happens' To Prince William - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Oh good grief they need to find something else to go on about.

LaRae
Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh good grief they need to find something else to go on about.

LaRae
My thoughts exactly! Sometimes I wonder if all those gossip rags sit there and count days until the Duke of Cambridge prematurely passes on, or the couple divorces, because these articles are getting out of control. And what is this obsession with Catherine and Harry? They're in-laws and have every right to be friendly and look out for one another if necessary. It's as serious as these rags want to imply.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

They are getting enough out of control I worry if they will 'up the ante' so to speak....apply more and more pressure to see what or who will break.

Personally I would think it pretty normal for a brother to ask another to look after his wife/family if something were to happen to him.

The media would much prefer it to have everyone at each other's throats.

LaRae
Old 08-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Courtier

As much drivel as the content provided, I was more appalled at the incorrect their/there usage of the writer (and I use that term loosely) and the repeated reference to Catherine as Kate MIDDLETON. Especially in an article discussing her marital status/family.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
As much drivel as the content provided, I was more appalled at the incorrect their/there usage of the writer (and I use that term loosely) and the repeated reference to Catherine as Kate MIDDLETON. Especially in an article discussing her marital status/family.
I skimmed the article, so I didn't see the grammatical errors, but definitely noticed the 'Middleton' bit. Just shows that anything coming out of this 'source' is not very credible.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Administrator

All current posts about Prince Harry are being progressively moved across to the new Harry's Night in Vegas thread.
So please don't post here!

thanks
Old 08-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Harry has the courage to keep moving. Here's a link to his message about the Paralympics Torch Relay.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I can't hear the video (no CC), what struck me by this video of Harry is his remarkable likeness to Charles. He is definitely Charles' son.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the link . He really is a caring young man.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although I can't hear the video (no CC), what struck me by this video of Harry is his remarkable likeness to Charles. He is definitely Charles' son.
I was thinking the same thing as I watched, Osipi - and then I saw your post. It's in the mannerisms, too - the way he dips his head, for example. You can see Charles do this when he gives speeches.

Reading the teleprompter is not his forte seems. Wonder how long he had to practice?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

I think he does it very well. You can see he´s reading but the intonation and the way he expresses is smooth and nice to hear.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I think he does it very well. You can see he´s reading but the intonation and the way he expresses is smooth and nice to hear.
As someone pointed out (I think it was Osipi) in the thread dealing with Harry's LV trip, he appears to be a very passionate man, and doesn't do anything half way. This video definitely shows how excited he is for the Paralympics. His deliverance of the speech and facial expressions get me excited.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree Daria S...when Harry is bad he is awful.

But when he is good... he's very very good!