The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

The exclamation point clearly indicates that the headline is not a statement of fact but rather a point that needs to be addressed. For anyne intersted in the future of Brittish monarchy the article should be passed on to anyone else with same interest. It very clearly states that the Brittish and foreign press trying to make something sinister out of the relationship between the three of them is ... ludicrous...

It goes on to discuss how the Cambridges and Prince Harry are forging their own way. They are clearly preparing for the day when Prince Charles is King and they are the main royal family and the need to be prepared for the next step in case Charles does not live as long as one may expect.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

Lots of little innuendoes in that article and then .... backstroking. Not nice, not only Will, Kate and Harry but Charles and Andrew. AND the snide little comment that sounds as though the young ones are going to set up some kind of alternative "court". Innuendoes between Will, Kate and Harry, innuendoes regarding Charles and Andrew and innuendoes regarding the young royals and Charles. Someone just stirring the pot, too bad because there are enough nimwits that try to conjure something up, the DM doesn't need to become a part of it. Very distasteful.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Majesty

I read this article, and like others here, found it to be disrespectful and quite unnecessary. What really sold the deal for me, was the fact that DM decided to quote a US gossip rag, that's not even worth looking at as a source. Tells quite a bit, no? The Cambridges and Harry are very close, because they're family, and also because they work together. There's nothing wrong with that, and the insinuations that they want to start their 'own court' are ridiculous, to say the least. Catherine gets on quite well with her in-laws, and that's a wonderful thing. In the future, she'll be turning to them for advice, and it's important that the relationships are amicable at least. Judging by what we've seen over the past year, the said relationships are more than amicable, and I, personally, think it's a very good thing. DM's desire to stir something up, when there's nothing there to stir up comes out again, quite clearly, in this piece of 'news'.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
DM's desire to stir something up, when there's nothing there to stir up comes out again, quite clearly, in this piece of 'news'.
Quoting gossip sells, it makes people talk and think about something they would have otherwise ignored. Every newspaper does it, but DM does it most often and very well.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Only the Daily Mail, and Rebecca English in particular, could produce an article about 3 family members getting on too well.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Majesty

The princess take part in a polo match to benefit three of their charities:

Princes William and Harry take a break from spectating at the Olympics for a game of polo instead... but their match is brought forward so the pair can make it to the athletics stadium in time | Mail Online

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but if not, then here you go. Harry at a music festival last weekend. Love the shout out to 'Angry Birds'. That game is way too addicting . Harry's sense of humor and down-to-earth demeanor is extremely endearing.

Game for a laugh Prince Harry dons Angry Birds hat for table tennis match at music festival | Mail Online

Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

This whole thing about a triangle is disgraceful press reporting. Some families are very close, and it has nothing to do with "flirting". Other families, unfortunately, are far away from each other both physically and emotionally. I was super-close to my mother's family of six siblings, and hardly knew my father's family of three siblings. I regret not having been closer to the latter. Probably Harry will marry and then the threesome will be a close foresome. At least one can hope!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Spletnik.ru --- Prince William and Prince Henry played polo at a charity event in Costwolds
Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

And again the Daily Mail did not get it right who is the boyfriend of which princess: Beatrice has got Dave, Eugenie has got Jack. So I wonder why beatrice and Jack reportedly joined Harry and how reliable the information about the presence of this "Cressida" 's presence really is....
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

For someone he's supposedly dating she's sure never with him....

LaRae
Old 08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
Harry is at the Olympics in an official capacity. Girlfriend would not be invited.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah I thought he was there 'unofficially' at times as well.

LaRae
Old 08-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
I think they're being very smart in keeping their relationship (if that's indeed what it is) under wraps. The young lady is already being mentioned in the press, and she's been with him a handful of times, at the most. Imagine what would happen if they were seen together more often. I think that perhaps they're waiting to see how things pan out between them before they chose to go all out and appear with one another more frequently.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Surely if they want to keep their relationship private, she's not going to appear by his side in front of thousands of people at the Olympics.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

With the way the press is he'll have a very short time frame for privacy with anyone he is thought to be dating.

LaRae
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It entirely depends how Harry and his 'girlfriend' are. Harry could have been dating someone from the time he and Chelsy finished and we would have no idea.
It could be that the press are just coming up with rumours to satisfy their needs. Until Harry gets engaged, we won't know who he's dating or been dating because the BRF never announce private things.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

As much as he's followed around you don't think the press would of gotten wind of a long term relationship? The only reason William was able to keep it quiet was because he was in school.

LaRae
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it rather depends on where he sees any young lady. The BRF do have access to some rather large estates where they can see whomever they want without a camera being present. They could even go to the same nightclub on the arms of friends and meet up inside without being pictured together. If he wanted to be secretive he could do it.
Right now I think all he has to do is smile at a girl and the press will say she is a girlfriend.
Is he not expected to leave for Afghanistan in the coming months?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter
As much as he's followed around you don't think the press would of gotten wind of a long term relationship? The only reason William was able to keep it quiet was because he was in school.

LaRae
No. There are places Harry and his girlfriend, if he has one, could meet and enjoy their relationship quietly without being pestered. It would be quite easy. William and Catherine were very much in the public eye, from skiing holidays to holidays in the sun they seemingly had no reason to hide it even though they often complained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
Right now I think all he has to do is smile at a girl and the press will say she is a girlfriend.
Is he not expected to leave for Afghanistan in the coming months?
I agree, and I don't know about Harry's deployment it depends on how the MOD will play it.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

HARRY TOPS KATE AND WILLIAM AS MOST POPULAR BABY
Quote:
IT seems Prince Harry is the people's favourite, with the name Harry jumping to the top of the most popular boys' names in England and Wales, according to new statistics. Of the 724,000 babies born in England and Wales last year, the popular name leapfrogged over Oliver and Jack to claim the top spot for the first time, arguably inspired by JK Rowling's fictional hero Harry Potter as well as our red-headed royal. But there was bad news for Harry's older brother the Duke of Cambridge, with William falling from seventh in 2010 to 10th in the year of his marriage to Catherine Middleton, who could only sneak herself into the top 100 girls' names at number 57 by shortening her name to Katie.

Closed Thread