Prince Harry Current Events 25: August 2010-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Perhaps it is just me but, when young men go to war at 18 then Harry is, by definition, an adult man. Now if he was an office worker or something like that I would totally agree with you. :flowers:

:previous: Perhaps it is just me but, when young men go to war at 18 then Harry is, by definition, an adult man. Now if he was an office worker or something like that I would totally agree with you. :flowers:

Of course he is an adult but he is also a young adult and that makes him a young man.

Adults can be young, middle aged or old. I am sure you have heard of 'middle-aged man', 'old man'. Man is a synonym for adult. They can be used interchangeably although 'man/woman' are more commonly used.

not to veer off topic but whats legal Adulthood in the UK Or BRF

not to veer off topic but whats legal Adulthood in the UK Or BRF

In the UK it is 18.

Within the BRF it is also 18 except that Counsellors of State, except for the heir to the throne, have to be 21. That means that Charles became eligible to serve as a CoS at 18 but William, Harry, Andrew (the current other CoSs), Edward, Anne, Gloucester, Kent etc all were eligible to serve from 18 onwards (until replaced by someone higher in the line of succession).

:previous: :ermm: Wasn't Queen Victoria only 18 when she became Queen?

Yes and quite good at it imo

The thing with becoming King or Queen, it can happen at any age. I believe if a regnant is underage, there is a regent appointed for him/her until they reach their majority. Question now. Is the regent appointed from the Counsellors of State? Ok.. this belongs in another thread methinks.

As far as Harry is concerned, he is very much an adult male. Old enough to take on serious duties as he is doing with his military duties and anything he does with his patronages. And... he's young enough to totally grab the world by the horns and enjoy it too.

:previous: :ermm: Wasn't Queen Victoria only 18 when she became Queen?

Yes. Just as Charles, and his mother became CoSs at 18 because they were the heirs, Victoria was able to reign at an age when other people still weren't legally adults. 21 was the legal age until the late 60s but the royals did allow people below that age to do certain things such as reign.

To make it easier to understand - had the Queen and Charles both died in 1980 Andrew would have become King as he was over 18 but he wasn't old enough to be a Counsellor of State. The same if the Queen and Charles had both died in August 2000 - William would have been 18 and could have become King but not old enough to be a CoS as he had to wait until he was 21 to replace his Aunt Anne in that role (a role she had had since she had turned 21 in 1971).

The thing with becoming King or Queen, it can happen at any age. I believe if a regnant is underage, there is a regent appointed for him/her until they reach their majority. Question now. Is the regent appointed from the Counsellors of State? Ok.. this belongs in another thread methinks.

The Regent, by law now, is the next adult in line to the throne so that if the Queen needed a Regent at the moment it would be Charles. If the monarch is underage the surviving parent is also involved with raising the child while the Regent carries out the official duties. In the case of Queen Victoria the reason why her mother was considered a suitable regent was that the Duke of Cumberland was about to become King of Hanover and separate the kingdoms - so having a Regent who was permanent in the country was also a requirement. That is a simple explanation and I am sure someone is going to come along and give a more detailed explanation.

As far as Harry is concerned, he is very much an adult male. Old enough to take on serious duties as he is doing with his military duties and anything he does with his patronages. And... he's young enough to totally grab the world by the horns and enjoy it too.

Exactly - a young adult man.

I'm buying that magazine when it comes out, I think Harry is the best looking in the BRR.

I'm buying that magazine when it comes out, I think Harry is the best looking in the BRR.

Definately. :ROFLMAO:

As for Chelsy and Harry they seem so uncertain of their relationship. So if they do get back together I hope they can get over that part of it and figure out where they stand for good. This whole on/off thing is so hectic I don't know how they keep up. :lol:

I'd love to get my hands on that issue too. Can't wait to see it. Thx for letting us know marine.

:previous: Oh good grief, it didn't take them long to try and create a split between a couple that, as far as we know, isn't! Never mind, it sell the rags! :D

One dinner (w/o pics to prove it happened) doesn't prove a reconciliation, either.

Yes, he's cute when he's cleaned up, but the REAL Harry can be seen in post #213. Yech. The boy needs to get a grip.

I'm not very informed when it comes to jewels but does the lady whose arm and hand is pictured in the pic of the "mystery blonde" wear a ring similar to the Diana/Catherine engagement ring?

How tacky is that when Harry is an invited guest?

It looks like a black diamond with a flower pattern setting.

I agree, not a good place for a Prince to hang out... but this is Harry, so I am not surprised!:ermm:
( BTW I did not look at the photos. Sounded WAY too indecent for me to stomach!):eek:
But I did not need to see them to form my opinion.
I mean he is a Prince of the Realm. He needs to be around people who behave themselves in a decent manner!

Last edited:
They can't get away with it now, though; and they shouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if this place got raided by the police sometime.

Given the history of places that Princes of the Realm have hung out in the past it seems about normal.

like who.....never heard of stuff like THIS

Not so much in this current generation perhaps, but go back a generation or two or three. Edward VII visited French brothels as well as having mistresses. A couple of generations down, Prince George--the last Duke of Kent and brother to George VI--was a cocaine addict and a known bisexual who went to some very "iffy" places.

like who.....never heard of stuff like THIS

Without the drugs, it would be the perfect place for a bachelor/bachelorette/stag/hen party (which is why he was there, right?). With the drugs, Prince Harry would be well-advised to stay away.

I agree...it's sleazy all right.
I'm not sure why Emma Watson would be there...it looks more like a guys hang out.

Not so much in this current generation perhaps, but go back a generation or two or three. Edward VII visited French brothels as well as having mistresses. A couple of generations down, Prince George--the last Duke of Kent and brother to George VI--was a cocaine addict and a known bisexual who went to some very "iffy" places.

Right! And don't forget the notorious Prince Eddy, Duke of Clarence, who was rumored to frequent the sleaziest brothels in the East End. (It's been said he contracted syphilis, but that may or may not be true).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom