Prince Harry Current Events 25: August 2010-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that he resembles a lot to Charles,only he is nicer

LOL. William looks a bit like him to me but Harry looks like a sandy-haired Spencer. I'll be looking more closely at him from now on.

I am really blown away at how much Harry looks like Charles in some of these pictures, for example pictures 3 and 9 of the zimbio gallery. If you just take off the red hair, he has Charles' face! I can see William in his face too.

I agree, he does look like Charles in those pictures. I used to think they didn't look alike at all, but sometime in the past 3 or 4 years I started noticing a strong resemblance, once I got past the very different coloring.

Anyway, it's nice to see him out and about

I have always seen more Mountbatten/Windsor/Danish in the princes than anything else. The genes from Philip are very strong and are starting to really show up in these young men.

I think that Harry's a bit "bulkier" than William; and in that way, he's like his Uncle Charles and Grandfather Spencer. But I also think that the Mountbatten and Windsor genes are very strong as well.:)

I have always seen more Mountbatten/Windsor/Danish in the princes than anything else. The genes from Philip are very strong and are starting to really show up in these young men.

Very much agree, especially in Harry. I do see a lot of Spencer in William, too. Both are good looking, strong young (ish) men.

Very much agree, especially in Harry. I do see a lot of Spencer in William, too. Both are good looking, strong young (ish) men.

It must be the Season of Goodwill - you and I agree on something.:lol:

Merry Christmas:santa3:

Harry definitely takes after the Mountbatten side with his features and close set eyes. However, his coloring and abundance of hair is due to the Spencer side IMO. William takes after Diana in his coloring and her eyes. However, he also takes after the Windsor-Mountbatten side too. Especially his hair...

Male pattern baldness actually come from your maternal side of the family.

Prince Harry pictured leaving the Public nightclub in London, December 21,
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie had been there as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga ** zimbio gallery **

There is one comment in that article, at the bottom, which talks about how Harry has returned from Germany so quickly due to the fact that a lot of British travellers are stuck.
Private jet or walking? ;)

Judy Murray (tennis player Andy Murray's mother) tweeted about seeing Prince Harry in the VIP section of the wherever this darts thing is. Apparently he looks very handsome but his friends don't! Lol! :lol:

Judy Murray (tennis player Andy Murray's mother) tweeted about seeing Prince Harry in the VIP section of the wherever this darts thing is. Apparently he looks very handsome but his friends don't! Lol! :lol:

Thanks for the link guys. He does look very handsome. On a side note I didn't even know they had this type of event so the organization can think Harry for some nice publicity.

Prince Harry pictured leaving the Public nightclub in London, December 21,
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie had been there as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga ** zimbio gallery **

Prince Harry during the semi finals of the 2011 Ladbrokes.com World Darts
Championship at Alexandra Palace on January 2, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery ** belga 2 **

It looks like he's wearing the same outfit at both outings.

LONDON, Jan. 2 (UPI) -- Prince Harry could be headed back to front-line service in Afghanistan two years from now, British military sources said.
The Sunday Express cited "insiders" at the training center where the prince is learning to fly the Apache gunship as saying all soldiers who pass the course will be sent into combat.

Additional info can be found here : Prince Harry could return to Afghanistan - UPI.com and OfficialWire: Prince Harry Reported Returning To War
It will be intersting to see how this plays out...

:previous: What about his Apache Conversion Course or has he finished or flunked it?:ermm:

:previous: What about his Apache Conversion Course or has he finished or flunked it?:ermm:

According to the timings in this article he would be about to finish the first phase.

BBC News - Prince Harry to train on Apache attack helicopters

If I am reading it right he had 8 months starting last July (although I think he started later than that) to do the initial training and then another 8 months after that so the earliest he would finish (if my Maths is correct would be November this year).

Last edited:
Once again you set me straight.. thanks! I do have to admit that the boys both probably got a lot of their passionate nature about things from their dad who is most definitely known to be very passionate and involved with what he holds dear.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: OK, he is very hands on but, it is about time he decided if he wants to be a charity worker or an Army Helicopter Pilot. He cannot do both either well or together and he needs to stop wasting Defence time and money if he is not prepared to knuckle down and finish what he started. :ermm:

This latest start of his does not come across as admirable in any degree. It makes him seem capricious and easily bored, neither traits would recommend him in either the military or charity arenas. :bang:

Harry capricious because he wants to do the last leg of the trip with army wounded men? are you serious MARG, you are a bit harsch on Harry. You seems to give more compliments for example regarding Frederick of Denmark and not to be very fair regarding the Windsor. Sorry but I'm not sure Frederick (again as an exemple) is a top crown prince, not very involved in anything serious, except ... sailing competitions. Give Harry a break, he is a very fine young man and knows how to do both, military training and charity.

:previous: OK, he is very hands on but, it is about time he decided if he wants to be a charity worker or an Army Helicopter Pilot. He cannot do both either well or together and he needs to stop wasting Defence time and money if he is not prepared to knuckle down and finish what he started. :ermm:

This latest start of his does not come across as admirable in any degree. It makes him seem capricious and easily bored, neither traits would recommend him in either the military or charity arenas. :bang:

Harry is perfectly capable of doing both things. After all his charity work appears to be scheduled around his military work. I would agree with you though if it appeared that Harry was not doing well in one of the arenas but I think he is doing great. I also believe that Harry needs a lot on his plate because it seems to me that when he has free time on his hands he gets into a lot of trouble. By the way I think his Apache training is going according to schedule.

It seems that both Wills and Harry can never get it right for some people.

Look at it this way: they could be sunning themselves in warm climes or live a jet-set life attending endless parties. Instead, they try to serve their country as best they can.

Harry capricious because he wants to do the last leg of the trip with army wounded men? are you serious MARG, you are a bit harsch on Harry. You seems to give more compliments for example regarding Frederick of Denmark and not to be very fair regarding the Windsor. Sorry but I'm not sure Frederick (again as an exemple) is a top crown prince, not very involved in anything serious, except ... sailing competitions. Give Harry a break, he is a very fine young man and knows how to do both, military training and charity.
:ermm: What on earth has Frederik got to do with whether or not Harry is concentrating on finishing his Apache training unless it is that Frederik, like Princes Charles and Andrew, finished his training!

At the moment his "division" of commitments gives a probably wrong impression, that being that he is just messing around. It has been intimated by many on this thread that they do not think Harry has really earned his place on the Apache course and that it's a forgone conclusion that he will pass it because of who he is.

I just want to see him earn it in such a way that there can be no doubt that he is able and no "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, of course he passed . . . . he's a Prince!" I would like to see his service treated with the same respect his Uncle Andrew's is.

I don't think that is harsh. I think is is a reasonable expectation. Harry is not a "young man" he is an "adult" and as such should be seen to be treated as one and acting as one.

I read the latest Hello! this morning with Kate on the cover. It reported that Harry's flying has been put behind schedule because of the unusually bad weather in December and January. He may or may not be able to do the trek because he needs to finish the course and be back in time for the wedding.

I just want to see him earn it in such a way that there can be no doubt that he is able and no "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, of course he passed . . . . he's a Prince!" I would like to see his service treated with the same respect his Uncle Andrew's is.

I seriously doubt that they would allow anyone that passed with a "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" to actually fly an Apache helicopter especially in the military where there would be more lives involved than just Harry's. I do think that Harry takes his military duties very seriously and gives full support to his comrades in service.

:ermm: I just want to see him earn it in such a way that there can be no doubt that he is able and no "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, of course he passed . . . . he's a Prince!" I would like to see his service treated with the same respect his Uncle Andrew's is.

There are many people who question Andew's service claiming that it was a stunt and that he was never in any danger.

I don't think that is harsh. I think is is a reasonable expectation. Harry is not a "young man" he is an "adult" and as such should be seen to be treated as one and acting as one.

Harry is both a 'young man' and an 'adult'. I would describe any 'adult' up to about 30 years of age as a 'young man'. From 30 - 60 I would see them as middle-aged and from 60 upwards as elderly.

Adult is just another word for man or woman as opposed to child or teenager but adults can be young, middle-aged or old. They are not mutually exclusive terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom