The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 01:20 AM
Serene Highness

I am dumb-founded. At his age? How low-brow. There is nothing funny about lobbing snowballs at that distance - especially if he 'packed' them to sustain the distance which would mean they were hard if not actual ice-balls. This is juvenile - and suddenly I am reminded of Fergie and Diana cutting up during a photo-op on the slopes of Klosters so may years ago. That was a moment all those years ago when 'watching' the BRF started becoming an embarrassment IMO.

We've had maturity in the BRF for the last 10 years or so - how tragic if this is a portent of the future with Harry. I'm not a Harry watcher - maybe this is a norm for him? If so, what a jerk he is - and at his age. This is a revelation to me - like it was watching Fergie and Diana. Might explain Chelsy bugging out on anything serious with him. He isn't ready - if he ever will be. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior makes 'good' tabloid fodder. I really, really hope 'we' (the public) don't have a re-play of Fergie's and Diana's antics of decades ago. Ridiculous and shaming behavior then - and is now. This is one 'tradition' from decades ago I hope I am not obliged to witness again.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger

I am dumb-founded. At his age? How low-brow. There is nothing funny about lobbing snowballs at that distance - especially if he 'packed' them to sustain the distance which would mean they were hard if not actual ice-balls. This is juvenile - and suddenly I am reminded of Fergie and Diana cutting up during a photo-op on the slopes of Klosters so may years ago. That was a moment all those years ago when 'watching' the BRF started becoming an embarrassment IMO.

We've had maturity in the BRF for the last 10 years or so - how tragic if this is a portent of the future with Harry. I'm not a Harry watcher - maybe this is a norm for him. If so, what a jerk he is - and at his age. Might explain Chelsy bugging out on anything serious with him. He isn't ready - if he ever will be. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior makes 'good' tabloid fodder. I really, really hope 'we' (the public) don't have a re-play of Fergie's and Diana's antics of decades ago. Ridiculous and shaming behavior then - and is now. This is one 'tradition' from decades ago I hope I am not obliged to witness again.
How low-brow to bring Diana into it !!!

Old 12-31-2011, 01:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
From what I read, Harry wasn't throwing them to other young men from a snow-fort out in a winter field. He was throwing them at unsuspecting pedestrians passing under his balcony. What if he had accidentally hit an elderly person or someone with osteoporosis? Harry's a soldier and a prince.
What if????? Come on, regardless of what we might think could, perhaps, maybe, if he was aiming at the old, the infirm, the housewife with kids, the small children, the passing Vicar taking food to the needy, any one of which could be knocked out for the count . . . .

The bottom line is, we don't know who he was aiming at and no "victims" have come forward and yet here we go again off on a tear about Harry not being 12 anymore, behaving in a dangerous manner likely to hurt innocent people, when in point of fact, we don't actually know anything but what was printed in a tabloid, namely that Harry was throwing snowballs.

Honestly! It's the negative, Evil Harry story that has "snowballed"!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady74 View Post
How low-brow to bring Diana into it !!!
Not at all - it was at that moment - when I saw Fergie and Diana - in their late 20's no less - behaving badly, that I began to reconsider what I was really enamored with in that long ago time. The BRF has a history of having some bad apples who demean their family by their behaviors. It appears that we will have that to look forward to in this generation of British Royals - too sad. Up to this moment I had not been aware that Harry was a 'problem' - now I know. Charles and William have a lot on their shoulders as a result.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Not at all - it was at that moment - when I saw Fergie and Diana - in their late 20's no less - behaving badly, that I began to reconsider what I was really enamored with in that long ago time. The BRF has a history of having some bad apples who demean their family by their behaviors. It appears that we will have that to look forward to in this generation of British Royals - too sad. Up to this moment I had not been aware that Harry was a 'problem' - now I know. Charles and William have a lot on their shoulders as a result.
Oh good grief! Harry throws snowballs and now he is a"bad apple" who "demeans" his family and is now, by your reckoning, "a problem" to weigh on Prince Charles and Saint William?

Hey people, I know it's New Years Eve, but did you really all have to start "celebrating" quite this early?
Old 12-31-2011, 01:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger

It was a snowball !! You must have a perfect life and never put a foot wrong. Thank god for Harry I say.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh good grief! Harry throws snowballs and now he is a"bad apple" who "demeans" his family and is now, by your reckoning, "a problem" to weigh on Prince Charles and Saint William?

Hey people, I know it's New Years Eve, but did you really all have to start "celebrating" quite this early?
Its not New Year's Eve where I am - not for another 24 hours, anyway.

BTW I hardly think of William as 'Saint'. He is a curious young man who has made some 'interesting' choices - it remains to be seen who exactly he is as a man.

The BRF has been an object of embarrassment in the world because of the conduct of some of their members over the years - that was my point. Another poster is quite right that it is a tabloid story and perhaps needs to be taken with a grain of salt - but the overt reality remains, that the behavior is juvenile - and the BRF has a problem with that kind of thing - historically.

Its the kind of thing that as an outsider observing it makes one wonder how long the monarchy will survive. This isn't about personal business - this is about conduct that crosses a line - and that you don't see it - well, you don't see it.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

This is supposed to be a 27 year old person not a child. By the time I was 7 I knew not to throw a snowball at a person who wasn't playing with me and knew it was coming - for the simple reason that being hit by a snowball when not expecting it can hurt and even be dangerous. I know he doesn't have much of a brain but this is something he should have been taught before he started school not in his mid-20s but before he turned 10.

Anyone who hasn't learnt when it is appropriate to throw snow balls - and throwing them from a height isn't never appropriate simply shows lack of brains and common sense.

The man is a disgrace - always has been, always will be.

No doubt he will be trotted out to do some 'good' deed to offset this action but the number of these sorts of activities continues to mount up - Nazi costume, racist comments, drug taking. Every time he does something like this the RF cover up and have him trotted out to do some 'good' deed to get some good press.

No - he is simply a rich English yob - he is a good example of why English males are loathed in tourist areas of Europe - because they don't think anyone else has any rights except them.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It was a snowball !! You must have a perfect life and never put a foot wrong. Thank god for Harry I say.

Have you ever been hit with a snowball when not suspecting it by a fit young man from a height?

I would say not.

It could do a lot of damage - just imagine someone looked up as it was thrown - and is now minus their sight. Would it be just a harmless prank then?
Old 12-31-2011, 02:20 AM
Aristocracy

Well if a royal can't even throw a snowball maybe it's time to get rid of the them and bring in a kind of robot that is perfect in every way.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Its not New Year's Eve where I am - not for another 24 hours, anyway.
OK, really, really early!!

Quote:
The BRF has been an object of embarrassment in the world because of the conduct of some of their members over the years - that was my point. Another poster is quite right that it is a tabloid story and perhaps needs to be taken with a grain of salt - but the overt reality remains, that the behavior is juvenile - and the BRF has a problem with that kind of thing - historically.
If throwing snowballs is as "juvenile" as it gets, then pile up the ammunition, because everyone needs a little harmless fun in their life and if this is seen as a heinous crime then guess who has the problem? I'll give you a tiny hint . . . . it's not Harry!

Quote:
Its the kind of thing that as an outsider observing it makes one wonder how long the monarchy will survive. This isn't about personal business - this is about conduct that crosses a line - and that you don't see it - well, you don't see it.
Throwing snowballs is sooooo bad that it endangers the monarchy and is conduct that crosses the line? Wow, I obviously have a snowball's show in hell of surviving in the places you guys live. No fun! Even worse, no joy!

Quote:
Happy New Year!
Right back at you!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie
This is supposed to be a 27 year old person not a child. By the time I was 7 I knew not to throw a snowball at a person who wasn't playing with me and knew it was coming - for the simple reason that being hit by a snowball when not expecting it can hurt and even be dangerous. I know he doesn't have much of a brain but this is something he should have been taught before he started school not in his mid-20s but before he turned 10.

Anyone who hasn't learnt when it is appropriate to throw snow balls - and throwing them from a height isn't never appropriate simply shows lack of brains and common sense.

The man is a disgrace - always has been, always will be.

No doubt he will be trotted out to do some 'good' deed to offset this action but the number of these sorts of activities continues to mount up - Nazi costume, racist comments, drug taking. Every time he does something like this the RF cover up and have him trotted out to do some 'good' deed to get some good press.

No - he is simply a rich English yob - he is a good example of why English males are loathed in tourist areas of Europe - because they don't think anyone else has any rights except them.
I can't believe you are calling him a disgrace. Yet you approve of all that Charles has done. I won't go on and be off topic. But he's a great young man that is in the army and doing a great job.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Well if a royal can't even throw a snowball maybe it's time to get rid of the them and bring in a kind of robot that is perfect in every way.
I don't think anyone is asking for Harry or any other member of the BRF to be perfect. We all know that they're only human and will make mistakes. What people are asking for is a little bit of thought before an action (and not just from Harry, but in general). Harry simply didn't think for whatever reason, and I think that's what is making people upset. He could have caused physical harm to another human being and to the image of his family. It never reflects well on parents/grandparents when the adult that they have raised acts in a reckless and thoughtless fashion. If he wants to have a good time, which is fine by me, he needs to take into account the needs of those around him. Snowball fights can be a lot of fun when done in a safe manner, with those who have agreed to participate.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't think you understand the nature of snow - and the engineering of snowballs - not to get too technical. Snowballs are rarely fluffy little wads of cotton. A snowball sounds harmless - but it isn't. Teachers are endlessly having to deal with snowballs in school yards - for a reason.

Oh well - anyway, Mr Harry - in his late 20's - cognizant of who he is and who he is always 'representing' - when he shows himself publicly - should know better than to engage strangers in horseplay without their consent - if that's what happened. That's my point of view - you have yours. Lets agree to diasgree.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh well - anyway, Mr Harry - in his late 20's - cognizant of who he is and who he is always 'representing' - when he shows himself publicly - should know better than to engage strangers in horseplay without their consent - if that's what happened. . . . ..

OK. I just don't get what you are all so self-righteously het up about.
  • There is no crime!
  • There is no victim!
Nevertheless, you have tried and convicted him, of criminal negligence.
  • In absentia!
  • With no evidence whatsoever!
  • And no right of defence!
Are we in la la land or what?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If throwing snowballs is as "juvenile" as it gets, then pile up the ammunition, because everyone needs a little harmless fun in their life and if this is seen as a heinous crime then guess who has the problem? I'll give you a tiny hint . . . . it's not Harry!
You are taking things to a place of ridicule. What's that about? Snowball fights are fun between those who agree to the horseplay - of course - and I have been in lots of snowball fights. Harmless fun, yes. Its not harmless when one crosses the line - throwing at people who are not aware.

Quote:
Throwing snowballs is sooooo bad that it endangers the monarchy and is conduct that crosses the line? Wow, I obviously have a snowball's show in hell of surviving in the places you guys live. No fun! Even worse, no joy!
Again, extreme to the point of ridicule. Throwing snowballs at people who are unaware is not about joy - or fun. Sorry to disagree. Something else is operating there. Entitlement, maybe, like another poster is suggesting, and a lack of awareness of the consequences of his actions - perhaps.

My global comment about the monarchy has to do with a history of childish behavior by members of the BRF. Throwing snowballs at people who are unaware is the crossing of a line. Its quite one thing to have freedom with what one does in one's personal life, which he has every right to - its quite another to have one's 'fun' at the expense of unsuspecting strangers. Something about that I find immature - if its true.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
OK. I just don't get what you are all so self-righteously het up about.
  • There is no crime!
  • There is no victim!
Nevertheless, you have tried and convicted him, of criminal negligence.
  • In absentia!
  • With no evidence whatsoever!
  • And no right of defence!
Are we in la la land or what?
Relax - its a discussion board. Its just points of view. I realize that the pov's are not flattering to Harry - but that's the impression his behavior creates. He creates the impression of immaturity - for some. There it is.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 AM
Serene Highness

Story says that Harry ducked to try and evade detection - and yet, there are excellent photos of him taken from a nearby balcony (hard to say how near, but Harry certainly knows about telephoto lenses). To me, while the snow ball pranking thing is inexcusable (not criminal - this time) and I would be shocked if my own children had engaged in non-consensual snowball throwing past the age of 5 or 6, I am also surprised that Harry is insouciant enough to get photo'ed doing it.

Perhaps it is the magnum of vodka and the magnum of champagne at work.

He does get to have fun - but sometimes, if he's photo'ed just right, some other people's fun is going to be slinging things back at him (obviously).

He's been hanging out with guys a lot - and that creates this kind of vibe (very common here in the U.S., not just among the rich, btw - and not just guys, either). Not all that unusual to see twenty-somethings still engaged in this kind of thing (and sometimes paying a price for it, as well). Looks like the fun was in actually hitting someone and that his snowball was designed for good ballistic purposes...
Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Totally agree. It's a snowball fight, not like they're playing with live ammunition. Harry has a very serious job at home, let him have some fun on his holiday. I'm envious of Harry who gets to play in the snow at Christmas, all we've had is rain.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

I can't believe that people are saying 'it was just a snowball fight'.

It wasn't.

In a snowball fight there are two people who are throwing snowballs at each other (or two teams) and thus people know they are going to get hit and can take protective measures.

Harry was throwing a missile at unsuspecting people. Had he hit one of them there could have been serious consequences. He was throwing a lump of ice - that is what a snowball becomes - a lump of ice - nice soft fluffy snow is packed together to make a snowball.

Now if you are going about your business and get hit on the head with a lump of ice it can do serious damage.

This just shows how thoughless and clueless Harry is - he didn't think of the consequences of his actions but was simply lucky no one was hurt as he was throwing these missiles as 'unsuspecting passers-by' who looked up to see what was happening but he ducked out of the way - he knew he was doing wrong in that action but continued anyway.

Fun for him but not for the people who didn't know they were targets for this lout.

Of course he can have fun but not if he is risking hurting others, which he was doing.

Closed Thread