The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking that Harry, as he ages, looks less like a Spencer and more like a Windsor. He does have the Spencer coloring, though.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think its admireable Prince Harry's (and William's) dedication and respect for the military. It gives them that common, "I'm one of the boys" touch. bravo!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh most definitely he is getting better and better as he gets older and not only in looks. What is incredible to me is how sometimes he really looks like a Spencer and then a week later he's a Windsor dead ringer.

Reading this latest article really puts it into perspective for me how "on" Harry is about what he does. He instinctively knew that the focus of the awards were on the heroes and honestly admired and appreciated them as one of his "own" rather than from a royal perspective. I really do admire a man that totally can put his ego aside and be a part of something like that night was and so special to so very many very special people.
Well said! I remember really getting to see the 'real' Harry during a program that focused on his trip to Africa for his gap year. He worked with families and children that were living with HIV/AIDS, and took a special interest in a little girl who got infected in a very sick and twisted manner (to put it mildly). He even returned a year later to see how she was doing. I think that's when my respect for him doubled. Gone was the little boy that was walking behind his mother's coffin, and in his place was a young man with so much potential to do good. He wants to be seen for who he is as a person, and not what he is as a royal. He has accomplished that well, and just like his brother, is continuing to do his nation and family very, very proud.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Prince Harry leaving the Arts Club in Mayfair by the back door, London, December 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 12-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry parties with David Beckham and James Corden on boys night out | Mail Online
Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

same old, same old

The previous night he had been spotted slipping out of the Belgravia flat belonging to his on-off girlfriend, Chelsy Davy.

Read more: Prince Harry's Christmas bash: Natalie Pinkham and Astrid Harbord join him at West End party | Mail Online
Old 12-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Same old, Same old indeed he's doing whatever almost every man his age does at the christmas period, party with their friends. Nothing wrong with it.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Not what I meant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Same old, Same old indeed he's doing whatever almost every man his age does at the christmas period, party with their friends. Nothing wrong with it.
I meant that the DM couldn't resist adding a little Chelsy to their story. It juices up the story, and no one will waste his/her breath denying it. Win/win for the DM, whether there is truth in it or not!

My son is out partying with his friends pretty much nightly during this season.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've seen several articles about Prince Harry leaving Chelsy's apartment at night. Apparently he's wearing the necklace, which was a gift by Chelsy, again as well. There are also rumors that both will meet at Christmas. Not sure, but you never know with these two...
Old 12-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I had to laugh, when I read that Kate gave Harry a Grow-your-own-girlfriend kit for Christmas!

I didn't know things like that existed.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's a really funny gag gift from Kate to Harry!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I had to laugh, when I read that Kate gave Harry a Grow-your-own-girlfriend kit for Christmas!

I didn't know things like that existed.
They exist, everything from grow your own best friend, to grow your own gay. It's funny if you have the right sense of humour Amazon sell them for around £4.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Majesty

Looks Harry is off to the Swiss slopes for the New Year's. Good to see him flying commercial. Sensitivity to the economic situation.

Prince Harry takes the easy option and takes budget flight | The Sun |News

Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry hurls snowballs during skiing break in Klosters | Mail Online
Old 12-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Majesty

Oh...Harry... Before anyone accuses me of being a kill-joy, a snowball thrown from a height by a muscular young man can really sting on impact. Unless there were friends of his who were engaged in a snowball fight with Prince Harry, this is bad form. Prince Harry isn't 12 years old any more.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Oh...Harry... Before anyone accuses me of being a kill-joy, a snowball thrown from a height by a muscular young man can really sting on impact. Unless there were friends of his who were engaged in a snowball fight with Prince Harry, this is bad form. Prince Harry isn't 12 years old any more.
I have to agree. This was not a good decision on Harry's part. The impact of the snowball could have caused serious injury. There are other ways to have fun while throwing snow (preferably on the ground and at people who have consented to engage in the activity).

Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Majesty

I'm (almost) speechless! Here they call it Nanny State but this is just plain miserable, mean spirited put downs. Believe me, had anyone been injured, or indeed had their dignity dented, I am sure complaints would have been made. Since there are no "Prince Harry Incites Riot on the Slopes of Klosters" headlines in the tabloids, I can only assume a few people got sploshed as they alway have and will continue to be so, in such places.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Majesty

I hope that by "miserable, mean-spirited put-downs", you're referring to those who made the comments under the DM article. I've been hit by unexpected snowballs, and it isn't at all pleasant. Trust me, I'm from The Great White North. From what I read, Harry wasn't throwing them to other young men from a snow-fort out in a winter field. He was throwing them at unsuspecting pedestrians passing under his balcony. What if he had accidentally hit an elderly person or someone with osteoporosis? Harry's a soldier and a prince.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

The English have a bad reputation when abroad due to drunken behaviour etc and the dreadful way their football hooligans behave. Harry would make a good poster boy for that group of English people as he is a total yob.

Sorry for all the Harry lovers out there but he has never shown much common sense or intelligence. He simply hasn't grown up and obviously has never had anyone take him aside and tell him how to behave and then expect him to do so and hold him to those standards.

If someone had been injured would it have been just good fun then? What if it had been you? I know if it had been me there would have been a complaint lodged and I would have expected police action - it is simply assault - no other word for it.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Majesty

I spent my childhood in Russia, and have experienced some pretty harsh winters, with lots of snow and opportunities to have snowball fights. I've been hit with snowballs, and yes, it's unpleasant, and even more so when you're not expecting it (I was running through the school yard and got hit by an snowball thrown by an older child, which ended up hitting me in the face). Also, as someone with a visual impairment, I can tell you that getting hit, pushed, shoved, whatever have you makes you just a bit disoriented. When you're hit with an object that you cannot see coming at you, it creates all sorts of issues. I'm sorry for coming off as harsh or mean-spirited, but I feel that a 27-year-old should know better.

Closed Thread