The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Nobility

Harry needs to stay on base and away from U.S. bars and our awful paparazzi. I think if could just stay out if the news for a few weekends it would serve him well. He seems to have once again become tabloid fodder ever since he came to the U.S. to train.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Aristocracy

Staying on base would solve the problem of the paparazzi, but to Harry that would probably seem like a very harsh punishment when he hasnt done anything wrong. He's handling the paparazzi the best way that he can...by ignoring them and not doing anything that would embarrass the BRF.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Courtier

I agree. The best way to handle the paparazzi is to ignore them. Their job is to sell newspapers and basically induce and photograph any possible reaction they can get. Beefing up stories with additional sensational gossip is what they do best. As for Jessica Donaldson, if you want to fool about with one of Britain's most eligible batchelors, well then you have to be able take the press as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Everybody is somebody - and at least, the bar in question is getting some free advertising out of the whole deal.

Donaldson on video.

Bar's digital watermark clearly visible atop Ms. Donaldson's tatoo.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think he's doing anything any other soldier there isn't doing. Look, he even shopped at Wal-Mart - how average can you be?

Prince Harry shops for frozen pizza and beer at Walmart | Mail Online
Old 10-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Nobility

He's taking in the whole California experience, Del Taco and everything! And at least he's not traveling with a valet like Uncle Andrew.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Aristocracy

Never had Del Taco - now I'm hungry for Mexican food. I wonder if there are any pictures of Harry's big adventure? Seeing as the paparazzi were trailing him mercilessly ( they had to be to even know what he bought and ate ).
Old 10-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
Never had Del Taco - now I'm hungry for Mexican food. I wonder if there are any pictures of Harry's big adventure? Seeing as the paparazzi were trailing him mercilessly ( they had to be to even know what he bought and ate ).
Either that, or the cashier who served him decided to blab to the press. Anything's possible.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Nobility

Everyone seems to know that Harry is in town, so I'll bet that they're on the watch for him. And, sadly, it's too easy to sell a story to the tabloids right about now.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Aristocracy

Yeah - someone wrote in to the DM and joked they were waiting for him to pop up on the "people of wal mart" website.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry warned by Gila Bend mayor Ron Henry to be on his best behaviour | Mail Online
Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Dayly mail always has the most awkward headlines and articles,no other newspaper would write so much crap-but it´s always entertaining and fun!
Favourite quote:'I would advise the Prince to take in the beautiful sights of the desert instead.' -->Dear Harry,don´t look at the girls,enjoy the desert!*lol*

Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Nobility

Good lord! Do they think at the Daily Fail that Harry can't put his partying aside for a while to concentrate on military duties? I don't recall anything about him chasing girls while in Afghanistan. Frankly, I'd be more concerned about the girls of Gila Bend chasing after Harry.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Majesty

I second that statement, Thena! He'd probably have to beat them off with a stick!

What is with the Daily Fail? And how did they get the Mayor of Gila Bend, who I am sure is usually a pretty decent, ordinary bloke, to make a pretentious prat of himself and his town?

It's like something out of a 19th century "Bodice-Ripper" novel, with the ubiquitous Dastardly Cad trying to debauch and ruin any innocent young virgin with the misfortune to be left unprotected!!

My only question is . . . . . if Harry (not Henry) is the Cad, who is the Romantic Hero?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I second that statement, Thena! He'd probably have to beat them off with a stick!

What is with the Daily Fail? And how did they get the Mayor of Gila Bend, who I am sure is usually a pretty decent, ordinary bloke, to make a pretentious prat of himself and his town?

It's like something out of a 19th century "Bodice-Ripper" novel, with the ubiquitous Dastardly Cad trying to debauch and ruin any innocent young virgin with the misfortune to be left unprotected!!

My only question is . . . . . if Harry (not Henry) is the Cad, who is the Romantic Hero?
Priceless . I guess they want to portray Harry as a Mr. Wickham. Good grief. Amusing and sad at the same time.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry warned over 'fornicating' in Christian US town - Telegraph
Prince Harry warned over 'fornicating' in Christian US town

The mayor of a US town where Prince Harry is staying during helicopter training has warned him to be on his best behaviour with its young women.

--------------------------

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we have some very pretty girls here. Some of the dads won't take too kindly to a Prince fornicating the night away and drinking into the small hours."

IMO, its all very well to comment about the Prince potentially fornicating the night away, but all those chaste maidens from this beacon of virtue will only fornicate with the prince if they so choose to. Perhaps the fathers of this town should be having words with their virtous daughters instead!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Courtier

What an extremely odd story and inappropriate comment, especially from the mayor of the town. What would he have said if the Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi came to visit?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

The mayor is denying that he said that exact words. He is saying that the reporter was was fishing for comments and he got frustated and hung up on them. The reporter was from the daily mail. Which is a tabloid right? The reporter I guess talked about Harry being a partier and about fornication etc. He was just talking on my local news station.

Oh the news station (or at least the one I heard from) I am sure all of the local news stations will interview him. I don't know if they will have the segment up on their website or even if I am allowed to link to it.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

Daily mail-crap as usual...I didn´t know it was nicknamed Daily fail,but it´s a very appropriate name! IMO Prince Harry has always been very disciplined and hard-working in the army,I don´t think he´ll jeopardize his career to chase a few girls-but I´m sure the girls will try to catch a glimpse of the Prince ;-)
I believe they just made up the complete story,I hope that one day someone is going to sue the paper,I would be quite annoyed if they constantly write such nonsense about me...
Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Y'know, as tasteless as the DM made all this out to be, I would bet that Harry will take in all in stride.

Wouldn't surprise me none now if he were to show up at local places in town wearing one of them t-shirts that say "I'm the guy your mother warned you about".

Closed Thread