The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

He takes after his mother.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
He takes after his mother.
I seriously doubt that. I believe that more credit should be given to his father for Harry's display of etiquette at Ascot. Unless there is a gene for gregariousness. I feel that Prince Charles should be given way more credit than he receives for the upbringing of William and Harry and into the making of the gentlemen they are today. Much more credit than their mother. While she may be a great inspiration for the brothers, their father was of a far greater influence and I believe the later has a grander impact on one's character. Nevertheless it is a sign of maturity on Harry's part and I'm sure his father and grandmother are very, very proud. At least I think so.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Let's not go there again.....Harry has the best of BOTH his parents.

There is NO need for Harry's Current Events thread to turn into a debate about the parenting styles and influences of Charles and Diana. Which it has many times in the past.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Harry Presents The King George IV and Queen Elizabeth Stakes Trophy At Ascot
Prince Harry Presents The King George IV and Queen Elizabeth Stakes Trophy At Ascot - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
He looks lovely in the pictures. You can see the accident had an effect on him his face is very telling.
I've noticed this about him and his brother as well. They have very expressive faces.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry is comic book star

Prince Harry is comic book star - Female First
The comic is 40-page special edition and features drawings by Justin Currie and Kent Hurlbert with a cover art by Joe Phillips.

Prince Harry Gets A Comic Book, Called Pippa Middleton A “Foxy Filly” ? Socialite Life
Old 07-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry looked very handsome at the wedding today!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Prince Harry is currently on vacation on the Spanish island Mallorca, here are some pics taken on August 2nd.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Majesty

More about Harry's vacation from 'Us' magazine:
Prince Harry Vacations in Majorca Without Florence Brudenell-Bruce - UsMagazine.com

Harry wants to train with NASA:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-training.html

Old 08-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Commoner

Prince Harry the astronaut?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3736595/Prince-Harrys-bid-for-Nasa-training.html

From the article:
HARRY will need to meet these Nasa requirements to become an astronaut:

GAIN a degree in engineering, bio science, physical science or maths. He may struggle, as he left Eton with A levels in art and geography.

PUT in 1,000 hours' jet aircraft pilot-in-command time. Test flight experience is considered desirable. No problem - Harry's described as a "natural pilot".

PASS a space physical, similar to military physical. Harry will easily make the grade, but he'll have to pack in the fags again.

I doubt he could satisfy these requirements. He might get into space another way.

http://www.virgingalactic.com/

I read Zara also wants to go up.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beatrice's boyfriend Dave Clark works for Virgin Galactic and she is also known to want to go with Virgin.

For Harry I see a number of problems.

1. He isn't a US citizen so would have to be sponsored by the UK government who have already spent millions on his training to fly apaches and would therefore rightly demand some return on that training - which I would assume would be a minimum number of years actually flying them for the army. He could, of course, apply to become a US citizen.
2. Having to do a lot of extra study to bring his Maths and/Science up to standard to simply get into the degree.
3. Taking the 3 - 4 years to actually do the degree full-time and get the required marks in that degree subjects - the website for NASA also says they prefer those with higher degrees
4. Then he also needs to train to fly jets - and get the required hours in jets.
5. To do all the above would put him into his mid-30s - late 30s.

This is more like a dream than something that is likely to happen.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Commoner

A seat on a Virgin Galactic flight seems his only way into space. I hope he makes it - if the Queen lets him.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry definitely plans to be the first royal to go into space:
Prince Harry’s bid for Nasa training | The Sun |News
Old 08-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Harry went all the way with this and did make it into space. It seems whatever he sets his mind to do.. that's exactly what he does. Reading this article, the training that Harry has had so far is really quite impressive.

One thing for sure. If Harry lands on the moon he will be guaranteed that there's not a hoard of paps waiting there for him.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post

As a royal went into space 25 years ago he certainly won't be the first - Sultan bin Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 08-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As a royal went into space 25 years ago he certainly won't be the first - Sultan bin Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wow. Learn something new every day! Thanks!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks,it means that "The Sun" made a mistake,anyway he could be the first from British royals
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
I might be wrong about this but I thought NASA wasn't sending plp into space anymore bc to expensive, no more space shuttle flights. Harry will have to settle for Virgin probably

Edit- http://www.space.com/12387-nasa-amer...ure-plans.html

No more space shuttle flights but NASA says they'll still go into space (how?) so looks like Harry's SOL
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Commoner

Because there was no Congressional funding or presidential mandate for a follow-on to the Shuttle, US manned flights are on hiatus for a while. There was a program called Constellation to build hardware and prepare to return to the moon, but Obama in all ways important killed it.

Constellation program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NASA keeps trying but the politicians get in the way.

Just remember, Harry might not be SOL after all, at least for sub-orbital flights.

Welcome | Virgin Galactic
Old 08-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Looks like Harry may have to miss out on the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics, because he may be on duty.
Prince Harry warned not to commit himself to attending diamond jubilee celebrations - Telegraph

Closed Thread