The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Box opens and Prince Harry and Emma Watson are among its A-list guest | Mail Online

*WARNING- There are pictures in this article that do contain nudity*

Old 02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Majesty

That is a very sleazy place for a Prince of the Realm to be hanging out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Box opens and Prince Harry and Emma Watson are among its A-list guest | Mail Online

*WARNING- There are pictures in this article that do contain nudity*

Old 02-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
That is a very sleazy place for a Prince of the Realm to be hanging out.

Given the history of places that Princes of the Realm have hung out in the past it seems about normal.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, not a good place for a Prince to hang out... but this is Harry, so I am not surprised!
( BTW I did not look at the photos. Sounded WAY too indecent for me to stomach!)
But I did not need to see them to form my opinion.
I mean he is a Prince of the Realm. He needs to be around people who behave themselves in a decent manner!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Majesty

They can't get away with it now, though; and they shouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if this place got raided by the police sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Given the history of places that Princes of the Realm have hung out in the past it seems about normal.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

like who.....never heard of stuff like THIS
Old 02-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Majesty

Not so much in this current generation perhaps, but go back a generation or two or three. Edward VII visited French brothels as well as having mistresses. A couple of generations down, Prince George--the last Duke of Kent and brother to George VI--was a cocaine addict and a known bisexual who went to some very "iffy" places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
like who.....never heard of stuff like THIS
Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Nobility

Without the drugs, it would be the perfect place for a bachelor/bachelorette/stag/hen party (which is why he was there, right?). With the drugs, Prince Harry would be well-advised to stay away.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree...it's sleazy all right.
I'm not sure why Emma Watson would be there...it looks more like a guys hang out.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Not so much in this current generation perhaps, but go back a generation or two or three. Edward VII visited French brothels as well as having mistresses. A couple of generations down, Prince George--the last Duke of Kent and brother to George VI--was a cocaine addict and a known bisexual who went to some very "iffy" places.
Right! And don't forget the notorious Prince Eddy, Duke of Clarence, who was rumored to frequent the sleaziest brothels in the East End. (It's been said he contracted syphilis, but that may or may not be true).
Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Administrator

So true about the other royal scandals....and that's what we do know...imagine what we don't?

It is a dubious place to hang out for sure....hopefully Harry has had his fill and won't return.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Without the drugs, it would be the perfect place for a bachelor/bachelorette/stag/hen party (which is why he was there, right?).
The article says that there's violence, as well as nudity, in every performance. I know that pre-wedding parties often have strippers, but violence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Right! And don't forget the notorious Prince Eddy, Duke of Clarence, who was rumored to frequent the sleaziest brothels in the East End.
Oh yes, how could I have forgotten him?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think its sleazy, it's just a different kind of entertainment. I actually applaud Harry for being open and able to enjoy such a Queer establishment.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I don't think its sleazy, it's just a different kind of entertainment. I actually applaud Harry for being open and able to enjoy such a Queer establishment.
Prince Henry look very stewed. What if he went there every chance he could? Once is enough.

I don't think I will have to worry. If Prince Henry started to go too much his father, Prince Charles would tell him to stop.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry is an adult, one with duties and responsibilities to uphold his father should not have to tell him to stop. Plus Prince Charles does not have a good track record at monitoring Harry's activities.
And I doubt Harry would listen to Charles anyway. Or the Queen for that matter....
Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
And I doubt Harry would listen to Charles anyway. Or the Queen for that matter....
I believe the Queen told both princes to stop frequenting the bars and they did. Prince Henry has not been see leaving a bar to often.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Just curious, but why isn't Harry a Knight of the Garter like William and Andrew?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Just curious, but why isn't Harry a Knight of the Garter like William and Andrew?
If I am not mistaken, that honor is the sole decision of the Queen to bestow on men and women of honor and service. She must not feel he deserved it....
Old 02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
If I am not mistaken, that honor is the sole decision of the Queen to bestow on men and women of honor and service. She must not feel he deserved it....
I don't think it's a matter of deserving it or not, I think it's just a matter of timing. Harry will almost certainly become a Knight of the Garter at some point but probably not for a few more years, I think William was only made one already because of who he is (heir to heir, a future King etc) & the fact that when William was made a Knight he was the 1000th Knight. I think they probably wanted someone symbolic/important to bestow the 1000th Knight of the Garter on, thus William got it.

I can't see Harry not becoming a Knight one day (unless he specifically asks not to be made one or declines it or something) but I reckon it may not happen until Charles is King or maybe if/when Harry gets married & is doing full on royal duties all the time etc.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Majesty

I agree with you , Harry might need to wait until Charles is King before he is made a Garter Knight.

Closed Thread