Prince Harry Current Events 24: May 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous::) Not to start an internet rumor or anything, but take a look at the bottom picture where he's in the car hiding his face - is that girl sitting next to him Chelsy? I'd think if it was, the article would say, but it does sort of look like her.

If it was Chelsy, The Daily Mail would've made that the headline, most likely.

Heck I can't even tell if it's really Prince Harry in that picture. That could be anyone.
How is he spending all of his time on vacation Marg?

:previous: I was merely curious as there have been no reports of him doing his Army "thing" in the recent past. :)

He's been training at RAF Shawbury for the last several months. And both William and Harry just did an interview a month and a half ago.
Here's the write-up about it:
Brothers in arms: Prince William vows not to be mollycoddled saying ¿I want to fight in Afghanistan¿, as Harry reveals own ambition to return to war zone | Mail Online

I can't seem to post the video of the interview though.
progress.gif

Is Harry still a trainee pilot? Is he even in the Army? I seems like he is spending all his time on vacation. :ermm:
We were told that he is such a natural, that I presumed he didn't require any training, that or his pass was guaranteed from the start!:nonono:

:previous: I have to admit I am wondering if maybe the pilots in the colonies take longer to train than "Naturals". :D

But seriously, trainee pilots hit the books big time and do not take weeks off tripping oversees or whatever during their initial training if they were hoping to make the cut. :whistling:

:previous::) Not to start an internet rumor or anything, but take a look at the bottom picture where he's in the car hiding his face - is that girl sitting next to him Chelsy? I'd think if it was, the article would say, but it does sort of look like her.

It looks to me like it might be Astrid Harbord, but the faces are so obscured I think it's nearly impossible to be sure.

But seriously, trainee pilots hit the books big time and do not take weeks off tripping oversees or whatever during their initial training if they were hoping to make the cut. :whistling:
Much the same here for normal trainees, they especially keep away from late night alcohol fueled evenings and weekends.:flowers:

As royal events are all planned six months ahead, the ceremony where PC pins on PH's wings has been booked long ago. So he can hardly fail at that.

Punched him in the face? Oh my lord...some people should avoid interviews, they make no sense.

:previous::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
-----------------------------
Brit rapper Dizzee Rascal, real name Dylan Kwabena Mills, has revealed that he threatened to punch Prince Harry in the face after his performance at Hyde Park’s Wireless Festival.

Dizzee Rascal threatened to punch Prince Harry in face | Latest News

Mail Online ran a similar article today - thought people might like to read the comments at the bottom of the article.
When Dizzee met Harry... and nearly punched him | Mail Online

Congratulations to Harry! :flowers:
So much for 'difficulties' the tabloids reported he had been experiencing.
Although this was only the first stage, I believe Harry is more than capable of passing the remaining courses.

It's interesting he prefers to fly the Lynx though: most boys dream of flying the Apache. :rolleyes:
Not that Lynx is any worse or easier, of course.

Last edited:
Good for him so by March he should pass any idea about when his elder Brother will become a SAR Pilot

:previous:
Prince William's training at Defence Helicopter Flying School at RAF Shawbury is expected to be over in 2010. Once it's completed, William will probably be on operational tour (lasting about 30 to 36 months).

That it would be dangerous to those who have to fly with him to pass him if he wasn't up to doing the actual flying.
Perhaps the Australian military operates to different standards? :whistling::flowers:

Perhaps the Australian military operates to different standards? :whistling::flowers:

Are you saying that the British military would deliberately pass an officer to fly a helicopter even though he wasn't up to standard?

I thought the British military had standards below which they wouldn't go but from your comment they obviously don't.

In Australia that wouldn't happen as the resulting court case would be disastrous for the military and the government.

I’d say Prince Harry might have been given a preferential treatment (although there is no prove he actually was): even if his results were somewhat below the usual standards required, he’d probably be allowed to ‘go on’.
However, I refuse to believe British military would allow a non-qualified (or badly qualified) officer to fly (in future) such important helicopters as Lynx, Apache or Gazelle (thereby risking not only his life, but the lives of his fellow-soldiers) without being certain of his abilities.

By and large, I strongly believe that Prince Harry has passed the course on his own: he seems like a bright and eager young man, why should he fail a test many of his fellow-soldiers are able to pass? He might have receiving some extra training to be certain he passes the course, but that’s probably about all the help he got (if he did get any).

Last edited:
Are you saying that the British military would deliberately pass an officer to fly a helicopter even though he wasn't up to standard?
We are not talking about an ordinary officer, we are talking about a member of the Royal Family. The percentage of officers who attain a pass is very low and I find it hard to believe that he is among the top few.:ohmy:

But Skydragon, even member of the British Royal Family would hardly be allowed to fly a helicopter of the Lynx, Apache or Gazelle class without proper qualifications: it’d be way too dangerous both for the pilot and his passengers.

As for Prince Harry potentially being among the ‘top few’, I don’t find it that hard to believe in: if he were given a preferential treatment, than it most probably included giving him extra-training or perhaps more experienced trainers to be certain he passes all the tests. But I strongly doubt more than that would be done.

:previous:
Sorry Marsel but the MOD and the British Army bosses would find it very hard to fail him, IMO. No amount of extra tuition is going to solve the problem of lack of brain power. It could be that although Harry becomes a pilot, he will be placed with a more capable person.
The OSA takes care of any disgruntled co workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom