Prince Harry Current Events 24: May 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like Harry didn't fall off his horse like the press said, but in fact his horse lost it's balance and took a stumble. Harry was really lucky to escape without harm. His horse could've landed on top of him.

The third in line to the throne was thrown from his mount , after his horse lost its footing and slid across the ground in a cloud of dust and grass.
Fortunately the 25-year-old prince managed to dive forwards and execute an athletic roll, breaking the impact of his fall on the rock-hard field in Barbados.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1250541/One-gone-fishing-Prince-Harry-relaxes-Caribbean.html#ixzz0fj0t7sks

It sounds like Harry didn't fall off his horse like the press said, but in fact his horse lost it's balance and took a stumble. Harry was really lucky to escape without harm. His horse could've landed on top of him.

But he did fall off his horse as a result of the horse loosing balance.

The royal was making a tight right hand turn when his pony's legs slipped and the animal fell. The prince was thrown clear and rolled a couple of times before getting to his feet uninjured.

from the telegraph. :)

I meant that Harry himself didn't fall off his horse on his own. His horse fell and if your horse goes down then obviously you go down with it.

Thank goodness Harry had the fortitude to roll away from his horse so it didn't land on him. :eek:

Harry didn't attend the Brit Awards, but he recorded a message for the broadcast (last paragraph).

Emotional Lady Gaga sweeps UK's Brit Awards - Yahoo! News

Prince Harry addressed the ceremony in a recorded video message, giving the show — which has sometimes taken a raucous turn in the past — a royal stamp of approval.
Harry, third in line to the British crown, praised the awards as a celebration of "all that is totally wonderful and unique about British music."

As the British people have been paying for his training they have a right to know that it will actually be put to the use for which the money was spent. So long as they don't announce when he will be there I don't see the problem. I mean if they said 'Harry will be serving in Lynx helicopters from 1st June to 31st December 2010 in Afghanistan' it would increase the risk but by simply saying, what everyone has known who has followed his career so far, they aren't increasing the risk to anyone.

He has stated many times that he is doing the helicopter course to return to Afghanistan and that has never been denied by the MOD so this story is just saying explicitly what has been implicit in Harry's statements and actions since his return from Afghanistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why they put this out in the press. Shouldn't it be kept quiet for his (and his comrades) safety? Unless this story isn't true.
I agree. It's like our news here reporting that "We're going to launch a massive offensive!" Like the Taliban aren't keeping tabs on American news sites? Duuuhhhh!
They have done this before to Prince Harry when he tried to serve. It's dangerous enough over there without the media blowing cover left and right. :bang:

I do hope that Harry is allowed back, but I doubt it will be anytime soon.
If the royal house were going to send him back, they would make sure it was kept under wraps.
There have been stories for quite sometime that Harry has been going back, but it's never been said where he would be going.
The express is a UK based newspaper.

Harry has to finish his training first. I'm not sure when he's supposed to be done. But hopefully the press won't say anything when he's close to being ready to deploy. It doesn't matter if they don't give exact dates, they don't need to give a heads up.

I would imagine that it would certainly be announced when he completes his training and receives his helicopter wings, just as it was when William got his and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find Prince Charles awarding those wings.

I do hope that the press don't announce that he is going to serve but as they report so much about him any gap in reporting after he gets his wings will point to his deployment e.g. a month without any news will alert the entire world to the fact that he can only be one place and that is on active duty.

I do hope that the press don't announce that he is going to serve but as they report so much about him any gap in reporting after he gets his wings will point to his deployment e.g. a month without any news will alert the entire world to the fact that he can only be one place and that is on active duty.
Not necessarily. Sometimes we go a long time without hearing anything about Harry.

I just hope the press (or anyone else) doesn't blow his cover if he does go back to Afghanistan. It would be terrible if Harry had to cut short his tour of duty... yet again.

Sorry I forgot to post the video Harry did for the Brit Awards.

Here it is. Hopefully it works

YouTube - Prince Harry - Live - Brits 2010

What was with the expression on his face at the end, when he was done talking? Was he trying to be funny or did not like what he said?

Ha ha - I don't know Sonjapearl but I thought it was cute!

Maybe he didn't think it was good and wanted to do a re-take. To me it looks like that kind of expression more than a funny one

Yes, it looks to me like he's thinking, "I hope I did that right". Funny. :lol:

I just hope the press (or anyone else) doesn't blow his cover if he does go back to Afghanistan. It would be terrible if Harry had to cut short his tour of duty... yet again.
If he goes, it will be to Afghanistan. That is where my son is going after he finishes his tour in Iraq. "They" say--though "they" always say this--that they are close to turning Iraq over to the Iraqi's.
Harry wants to serve, plain and simple, and I respect him for that.

I hope your son returns safely. I hope they all do!
I respect Harry for wanting to serve too.

^^ Aww, that's a sweet pic of him holding the baby. :wub:

Prince Harry watches the Six Nations rugby union international match
between England and Ireland at the Twickenham stadium, London,
Saturday, February 27, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

It is funny. I wonder what he said to the guy that made him laugh.

This is fantastic news for Harry! :clap:

I hope everything works out for Prince Harry. It sounds like he's turning out to be a natural at flying just like it was reported that his brother is too.

I see on reading carefully that he is being "considered" . As to him being a natural like his brother is reported to be, it seems, like their uncle, they are genetically qualified for any task they take on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom