The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It was guaranteed the moment he applied!
He clearly has worked hard and earned it.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
He clearly has worked hard and earned it.
On what do you base your assumption?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
On what do you base your assumption?

That it would be dangerous to those who have to fly with him to pass him if he wasn't up to doing the actual flying.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That it would be dangerous to those who have to fly with him to pass him if he wasn't up to doing the actual flying.
Perhaps the Australian military operates to different standards?
Old 08-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry fails to quit smoking | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 08-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Perhaps the Australian military operates to different standards?

Are you saying that the British military would deliberately pass an officer to fly a helicopter even though he wasn't up to standard?

I thought the British military had standards below which they wouldn't go but from your comment they obviously don't.

In Australia that wouldn't happen as the resulting court case would be disastrous for the military and the government.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Courtier

I’d say Prince Harry might have been given a preferential treatment (although there is no prove he actually was): even if his results were somewhat below the usual standards required, he’d probably be allowed to ‘go on’.
However, I refuse to believe British military would allow a non-qualified (or badly qualified) officer to fly (in future) such important helicopters as Lynx, Apache or Gazelle (thereby risking not only his life, but the lives of his fellow-soldiers) without being certain of his abilities.

By and large, I strongly believe that Prince Harry has passed the course on his own: he seems like a bright and eager young man, why should he fail a test many of his fellow-soldiers are able to pass? He might have receiving some extra training to be certain he passes the course, but that’s probably about all the help he got (if he did get any).
Old 08-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Are you saying that the British military would deliberately pass an officer to fly a helicopter even though he wasn't up to standard?
We are not talking about an ordinary officer, we are talking about a member of the Royal Family. The percentage of officers who attain a pass is very low and I find it hard to believe that he is among the top few.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Courtier

But Skydragon, even member of the British Royal Family would hardly be allowed to fly a helicopter of the Lynx, Apache or Gazelle class without proper qualifications: it’d be way too dangerous both for the pilot and his passengers.

As for Prince Harry potentially being among the ‘top few’, I don’t find it that hard to believe in: if he were given a preferential treatment, than it most probably included giving him extra-training or perhaps more experienced trainers to be certain he passes all the tests. But I strongly doubt more than that would be done.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sorry Marsel but the MOD and the British Army bosses would find it very hard to fail him, IMO. No amount of extra tuition is going to solve the problem of lack of brain power. It could be that although Harry becomes a pilot, he will be placed with a more capable person.
The OSA takes care of any disgruntled co workers.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
. . . . . . No amount of extra tuition is going to solve the problem of lack of brain power . . . . .
I quite agree but I think this course may have been the defining moment of his life. It seems like he has really never had to work for anything, and if he actually earned anything noone has given him the benefit of the doubt. But who's to say that he lacks intelligence. Necessity demanded that he change his "job" within the Army but no one is willing to "give" him what he wants, he is going to have to "earn" it.

The MOD can "give" him anything it wants to. What it can't do is "pass" him his pilot's licence because I truely believe that not only would his fellow course members make sure that that info got "out there", they would also utterly despise him and hold him in total contempt. That the MOD could not keep quiet.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Since none of us know that Prince Harry failed his helicopter test but was passed regardless it is pointless to make such assertions as fact.
Members may have their own thoughts concerning the proficiency of Harry's piloting skills but they don't belong in a current events thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

Congrats to Harry. Anytime one takes a big step towards ones chosen carrier that is something to be very very proud of.

Royal Examiner Story
Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. I give Harry and William credit for trying to do something constructive with their lives despite all the criticism from people.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry’s help for wounded Marine | News

Same story, different paper

Prince Harry 'supporting' compensation appeal by injured Marine Ben McBean - Telegraph

And ... these two aren't so new- they're about two weeks old - but I was reading People UK and came across them - I didn't see them posted anywhere else, so I'll tack them on here.

Exciting stuff - they're both learning to play darts.

People.co.uk - Princes William and Harry mad on DARTS

And - apparently Kelly Osborne tried to see Harry and he snubbed her.

People.co.uk - KELLY given royal cold shoulder
Old 08-22-2009, 04:00 PM

King Harry of Australia?

http://mandysroyalty.org/royal_rep/2...ds-king-harry/

Quote:
Our own king can’t be just anyone. It has to be someone with royal blood. This is how these things have have always been done. We already have a queen, so our first king should come from her family. I choose young, handsome Prince Harry, whom otherwise has little chance of ever being our king. In the past, other monarchies have separated like this. For example, in 286 AD the Roman emperor Diocletian divided the Roman Empire into sections, each with a separate emperor.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

If we are to have our own King, we already have one living here, and he has all the Royal blood we need. In fact he is better qualified that the Windsors, since they inherited through the illegitimate Edward IV. We have the real King of England, Michael Hastings, alive and well and living in Jerilderie since 1966. He is a direct descendant of Edward IV's legitimate younger brother George, Duke of Clarence. So if we want our own monarchy we have a ready made set already well and truly acclimatised: King Michael & Queen Noelene and Michael's heir Simon and Michael has plenty of grandchildren to keep our monarchy going into the future, so we can just call on Mchael to take on the job, and we don't need to import Harry.

Tony Robinson told us on TV, so it must be true.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

No thanks.
The sooner we do away with all that nonsense in this multicultural and egalitarian society the better.
To make that work it needed to be done 100 years ago, not now.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Courtier

This is headline news in Aus this morning. Just like Harry!

Friends reveal Prince Harry's disguise
Old 08-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice story, thanks for posting. Watch out, cause here comes Winston.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry