The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

WORLD CUP 2010: Mystery of fan who broke into England dressing room solved as Princes William and Harry joke, 'We let him in!' | Mail Online (19/06/2010).

Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Harry was an absolute stand-out all-through this trip. Imo he completely outshined William with his natural charisma and easiness (although I'm terribly biased).

Harry has evoked the memory of his mother once again. It also seems that he is at peace with his role as 'the spare'. I would be too: there is so many advantages in being in such a position:

Prince Harry: There isn't a day goes by in Africa when I don't think about my mother..I can be myself here | Mail Online

Old 06-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Harry was an absolute stand-out all-through this trip. Imo he completely outshined William with his natural charisma and easiness (although I'm terribly biased).

Harry has evoked the memory of his mother once again. It also seems that he is at peace with his role as 'the spare'. I would be too: there is so many advantages in being in such a position:

Prince Harry: There isn't a day goes by in Africa when I don't think about my mother..I can be myself here | Mail Online
I was really deeply touched by Harry's words to his mother, Princess Diana. I'm fond of seeing how Harry loves Diana very much!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I just got really bad dejavu when I saw this
Quote:
Thirteen years ago his late mother caused an international outcry when she walked though a live minefield to highlight the shocking legacy of anti-personnel landmines.
Now Prince Harry has taken on Diana's mantle during a secret trip to war-torn Mozambique.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
ghost_night I got a wonderful, brave feeling for Prince Harry when I saw the photo from the article.

Sorry to ask this, but what charities does Prince Harry have patronages in the Commonwealth of Great Britain? I only know of his patronages in Africa.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He is patron of
Sentebale, WellChild, Dolen Cymru, and MapAction. There is also The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.
That is all as far as I know. He is involved in a lot of military charities.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Lunutqueen. Are WellChild, Folen Cymru and MapAction out of Great Britian?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone else think that if Prince Henry and Ms. Davies get married they might be citizens of both United Kingdom and Africa? I could see that happening because his charity work primarily is in Africa.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Does anyone else think that if Prince Henry and Ms. Davies get married they might be citizens of both United Kingdom and Africa? I could see that happening because his charity work primarily is in Africa.

You can't be a citizen of Africa, as Africa is a continent, not a country. Did you mean South Africa? I don't know what their citizenship requirements are, but I doubt that Harry would carry duel citizenship. He wouldn't automatically gain citizenship just by marrying her.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Thank you Lunutqueen. Are WellChild, Folen Cymru and MapAction out of Great Britian?
No, Folen Cymru is Welsh.
WellChild is baised in the UK.
MapAction is also based in the UK, but deals with disaster areas all around the world.

Quote:
Not Africa as a whole
For him to be a citizen of South Africa, which is the likeliest place, Harry would have to be there for some time, all at once to be a citizen of that country.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
ghost_night I got a wonderful, brave feeling for Prince Harry when I saw the photo from the article.

Sorry to ask this, but what charities does Prince Harry have patronages in the Commonwealth of Great Britain? I only know of his patronages in Africa.
I was so shocked this morning when I saw the article but oh so happy I had been hoping one of the boys would continue her work in someway with the landmines.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I doubt he'd give up British citizenship, and as a Counsellor of State, he'd have to return to the UK every time the Queen was overseas or if she was incapacitated.

ETA: From Wikipedia:
Quote:
These qualifications are the same as those for a regent: they must be at least 21 years old (except the heir-apparent or presumptive, who need only be 18 years old), they must be domiciled in the United Kingdom, and they must be a British citizen.
Which means that if Harry choose to live abroad and give up British citizenship, he'd lose his spot as a counsellor of state to Princess Beatrice.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I thought this gesture was totally wonderful for Harry to do. What better legacy could Diana have hoped for her sons than to not only have them remember her but also commemorate those things that she held dear to herself in life. Their mother may be physically gone from this Earth but so much of her continues in her sons.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Really bad deja vu? Why?
Nothing will happen to Harry...I'm sure of it.
I almost cried when I say the pic....he looked so much like his mum.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

no when I said bad dehja vu I meant I had sudden flashbacks to Diana walking around the landmines not that I meant it was a bad thing shoulda worded it differently

ETA: I so hope Harry decides to take on a formal role with the Halo trust I think it could be the greatest tribute he could ever give his mother.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
When Harry followed in his mother's footsteps this week, walking through a live minefield to raise awareness for landmine victims, many commented on his remarkable resemblance to her. But he also shares many of Charles's characteristics. So is the young Prince a mummy's or a daddy's boy?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if a British royal and a Counselor of State have dual citizenship?

Thank you Thena for the Wikipedia article. I got from reading that article that a Counselor of State from the UK can have more than one residency as long as the United Kingdom is their permanent residency. So Prince Henry could live in Africa with Ms. Davies I believe some of the time.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry says he gives Will lots of advice but he doesn't really listen.
Prince Harry Plans to Advise Prince William as King - Prince Harry, Prince William : People.com
Old 06-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
That's funny how Harry laments that William doesn't listen to him. It's true that older siblings tend to not listen to younger ones. When my younger siblings give me advice (and I don't ask for it) I usually ignore it.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Prince Harry attended the wedding of former Royal Equerry Mark Dyer
(good friend of both Harry and William) and Amanda Kline at St Edmund's
Church on July 3, 2010 in Abergavenny, Wales.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Tags
prince harry