The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

His protection won't stop a determined suicide bomber or a sniper or a whole lot of others with a determination to kill him. He walks around with one bodyguard who doesn't cover him from anyone who really wants to kill him. True protection is in the form of five to ten bodyguards, bullet proof vests, bullet proof cars and limited moves outside the safety of the home.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry named 'king of cool' by GQ, beating R-Patz, Dizzee Rascal and Usain Bolt | Mail Online

Quote:
Prince Harry has been crowned king of cool in a list compiled by GQ magazine.
The sandy-haired royal beat the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Horrors singer Faris Badwan and Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson to take the title.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Prince Harry pokes fun at his father as African tour begins - Telegraph
Old 06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

So he did attend one royal event on his trip, sometimes the way he talks about his brother and his father is a bit childish and he is 25.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
So he did attend one royal event on his trip, sometimes the way he talks about his brother and his father is a bit childish and he is 25.
Really??? I just read that as a joke... I don't think he was trying to be mean or childish. I found it to be quite funny actually...
Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I just think little digs like

Quote:
“My brother William arrives here tomorrow – unfortunately!
seem childish to me for someone who is suppose to be grown up at the age of 25. I know you can allow for a certain amount of fun but.. JMO.

Another hint in the article about him preferring Africa to England.

Quote:
“Botswana is a country very close to my heart. The fact that I spend more time here than at home worries my father a lot!”
Old 06-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Courtier

I think he was just trying to break the ice, and we already know how the journalists exaggerate things.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't think it is an exageration, he's said things like this before.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Nobility

True, he said silly things before. The problem however is when you read what someone has said it's not by far the same as hearing someone say it. You can't see the expression on someones face or feel the atmosphere in the room. Funny things may seem stupid and stupid things may seem funny. But this is just my opinion.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think it is an exageration, he's said things like this before.
Maybe he feels rather free from papp's there. I wouldn't blame him if it were the case.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He was probably trying to add humor to the occasion. My siblings and I poke fun at each other all the time...he most likely said it to lighten the mood.

It makes sense that it would worry Charles. Harry has a position to uphold and he's always in Africa...or maybe the concerned parent part of Charles is worried about his son's safety, etc. So I don't see a problem with these statements.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I do think that Charles is worrying about the future of the monarchy when he second son spends all his free time in Africa rather than in Britain. It is sending a large message to the general public that a senior royal doesn't want to be in the country of which he is a royal. Of course the fact that both the princes are independently wealthy gives them greater freedom to thumb their noses at their royal status than past young royals have had.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness

“Botswana is a country very close to my heart. The fact that I spend more time here than at home worries my father a lot!” said by Prince Harry in his speech in Africa.

I think if everything turns out with Prince William's future accession to Prince of Wales and his heir Prince Harry might move to Africa and marry Chelsy.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Seeing as Harry has grown up in the UK and seeing as Harry is currently serving in the Military and seeing as Harry has fought and risked his life for Queen and Country, I don't think we have to worry about where Harry's loyalty's lie. Like any youth with the opportunity available to them, he is simply traveling and seeing more of the world. The only message it is sending out to the general public is travel when you can! and as we all know, traveling is good for the mind and heart.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It's called humour! Families who are close do it all the time. It's back-handed compliments for breakfast, lunch and tea. Those without humour just don't get it . . . .it's beyond their powers of comprehension.

As to "work"? Well apart from a full-time job in the military he spends his leave time as he pleases, doing nothing . . . .
Quote:
The princes’ busy schedule for the week includes visits to the Tusk Trust wildlife charity in Botswana, of which Prince William is patron, and to projects in Lesotho run by Sentebale, the charity Prince Harry helped found to educate and support children in one of southern Africa’s poorest countries.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Majesty

I actually look forward to hearing what William will say about Harry in response when he gets to South Africa. You're right of course, Marg; it's loving-brother joshing. There doesn't seem to be any "edge" to it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It's called humour! Families who are close do it all the time. It's back-handed compliments for breakfast, lunch and tea. Those without humour just don't get it . . . .it's beyond their powers of comprehension.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I actually look forward to hearing what William will say about Harry in response when he gets to South Africa. You're right of course, Marg; it's loving-brother joshing. There doesn't seem to be any "edge" to it at all.
I see the comment Harry made about William being a part of the ongoing repartee between brothers that are very close. Who knows.. maybe to those two so often in different areas of the world and rarely together its their own personal way of letting the other know they're thinking of them.

As far as Charles being worried, I don't think so. I thought as an ambassador to Africa on a state visit, Prince Harry was telling those that he was meeting that he genuinely was very happy to be there in Africa with them. He carried that reception off with the family charisma I think.

Everyone has their own personal favorite spots to be where they really feel at home and for 99% of us, I don't think its where we work. We all know how HM loves going to Balmoral in the summer and it seem the Yorks like Spain and Highgrove is Charles'. Harry prefers Africa. I can see in the future if he and Chelsy choose to marry, they most likely spend their holidays there.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Majesty

People who've spent time in Africa always seem to be longing to get back there, if even for another visit. Africa seems to change people in some way; they look at life differently after having been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Harry prefers Africa. I can see in the future if he and Chelsy choose to marry, they most likely spend their holidays there.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
People who've spent time in Africa always seem to be longing to get back there, if even for another visit. Africa seems to change people in some way; they look at life differently after having been there.
True. I know a lovely couple who visited Africa and they loved it! They told me that if ever they have a chance to go back they would take it immediately. They told me Africa is serene, peaceful and beautiful. This couple had what they called a "mountain experience" (kind of like what Moses had) because being there made them feel so connected to the Divine Being that there were changes in their lives because of Africa.

So I understand Harry's love of the continent. Maybe it gives him the peace he cannot find elsewhere.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As far as Charles being worried, I don't think so. I thought as an ambassador to Africa on a state visit, Prince Harry was telling those that he was meeting that he genuinely was very happy to be there in Africa with them. He carried that reception off with the family charisma I think.
This is my impression too. I think he was paying a nice compliment to the country he is visiting. Flattery always wins people over.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry