The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Prince Harry enjoys VIP night out in Suffolk - Home - East Anglian Daily Times

A Suffolk nightclub received the royal seal of approval after Prince Harry was spotted partying in a VIP area.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I very tiny blurb and another 'old' photo. Who knows if it's true or not.

(Looks like the press is ticked that they had to retract that false story)

Old 04-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

^I think it's true. This was already reported last week that two week-ends ago Harry attended a friend's wedding then went to that nightclub.
I'm sure we'll soon get reports of him treating fellow clubbers to £1,000,000 worth of Smirnoff Ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I truly hope so Idriel. It's just that... oh well, you know what they say about ol' quirks.
No, no, I understand where you come from.
Respect is earned, I get it.
I guess I'm overprotective because he's my favorite royal, that's all.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

What friend's wedding did Harry go to? I don't recall hearing anthing about it.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

Acording to Katie Nicholls:

Quote:
Even Prince Harry was inconvenienced by the volcanic ash cloud.
The Prince, who is training with the Army Air Corps, had been due to complete a flying handling test last week where his future training was to be decided. But the assessment was cancelled.
‘Harry’s course was grounded because of the no-fly restriction over the UK and he will now take his test this week,’ said a source. ‘He has yet to be told whether he will fly the Apache or the Lynx and that will only be decided after this flight.’

Old 04-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Another royal grounded because of the ash, I hope it didn't add to his nerves, because of wait.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
What friend's wedding did Harry go to? I don't recall hearing anthing about it.
I did a search and the only thing I could find about Harry attending a wedding was this article:

Prince joins in wedding party (From South Wales Guardian)
Old 04-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thx Opal. I'm confused tho. The date of March 31 seems about right, but the other article stated Harry was in Suffolk and this wedding took place in Wales. So perhaps he really didn't visit that nightclub in Suffolk.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

I was suprised he didn't go to Emilia D'erlangers wedding with Will and Kate, I thought he was better friends with her back in the day.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
I was suprised he didn't go to Emilia D'erlangers wedding with Will and Kate, I thought he was better friends with her back in the day.
Perhaps he wasn't available to attend.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

The 14 posts about rap music and 'who is Beyonce?' have been removed.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Army chiefs urge Prince Harry to become elite Apache helicopter pilot

Prince Harry has been given the option of flying either Apache or Lynx helicopters after doing better than expected in his training with the Army Air Corps.

At his final interview last night, the Prince told his commanders he wanted to fly the Lynx 9A but was urged to reconsider after his instructors said he has passed the tests to fly either machine and was good enough to become a top Apache pilot.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Majesty

I wonder whether he'd be able to fly Apache helicopters if they're used in direct combat against the Taliban?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Prince Harry passes Army pilots' course

Prince Harry passes Army pilots' course

The results may boost the Prince's chances of returning to Afghanistan

Prince Harry has passed the Army pilots' course, St James's Palace confirmed on Friday. The pass mark completes his training and he is now qualified to fly Lynx and Apache helicopters.
It is not known how much the result could affect the chances the Prince will return to serve in Afghanistan.
He can express a preference about which aircraft he would prefer to fly before his graduation ceremony, set to take place next Friday.
"Prince Harry is very pleased," said a St James's Palace spokesman.
"He will give the matter serious consideration over the next few days before inputting his preference."
The prince has made no secret of his wish to return to Afghanistan after spending 10 weeks in Helmand province in 2007-8 as a forward air controller directing air strikes.
The officer with the Household Cavalry Regiment decided to become a pilot to increase his changes of being re-deployed.
Harry, who began his flying training with the Army Air Corps last January, said in June: "I'm really enjoying it and, as everyone knows, it's my easiest way of getting back to the front line.
"Maybe safer, maybe not, I don't know. To get out to Afghanistan again would be fantastic and my best chance is to do it from a helicopter."
Old 04-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Harry.

Other news, Prince Harry along with his brother, father, step-mother, uncle and aunt have all recieved invites to the wedding of Princess Victoria, We will not know until the day whether they will attend.

Här är alla namnen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Prince Harry's hopes of returning to Afghanistan given a major lift as he passes pilot training | Mail Online
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Good for Harry!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
This is wonderful news for Harry! Congratulations to him!!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

It sounds like Harry can decide what he wants to do now. Can't wait to see what direction he takes.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Courtier

isnt there a royal calender of the British royal family which will state whether or not they attend? or the Swedish royal family which will state the names of the guests that will be attending (and not just those who have received invites?)
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a BRF calendar but it isn't made public until much closer to the relevant date for things such as weddings etc. We will probably not find out the full list of royals or others attending until the day of the wedding or maybe the day before.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry