The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Harry did not spend all his deployment in Afghanistan with the Gurkhas. Using the interviews Harry himself gave during his deployment, plus the one from his commanding officer in Afghanistan we can get an accurate timeline of Harry's deployment.

Harry went to Afghanistan on December 14th, he was sent to the forward base where the Gurkhas were stationed on December 24th (Info from Harry's interviews). Therefore he wasn't with the Gurkhas from day 1 but from day 10!
His CO's interview gave a run down of what Harry was doing during his 10 week deployment. By February (before the media ban broke) the commanders on the ground were able to have Harry working as a tank officer with a small group (12) which is what he originally trained for in the Household Cavalry, before he was retrained as the guy who guides in bombing raids. When Harry was with the tank patrol he wasn't with the Gurkhas, they were still at the forward base, he wasn't. No-one in his patrol group was a Gurkha.

Both the Harry interviews and his COs were TV interviews not newspaper, which just gave edited highlights or slanted to what they thought were the most interesting bits.

In regards to the New Idea article, it wasn't splashed across the front page of the magazine. I recently came across it at the hairdressers. It was a minor story inside the magazine, on an inside page, (the left handside) which is not where the most prominant stories are placed. They go on the outside page (the right)
The article was in the magazine dated January 8th, the Drudge report broke the story on February 27th and that resulted in Harry's recall. The fact that New Idea printed the Harry in Afghanistan story nearly 2 months beforehand and nothing happened, shows how little notice was taken of that story!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Majesty

From the BBC story you forwarded: "Prince Harry lived with a Gurkha battalion during his 10 weeks in Afghanistan"
Harry was sent to a forward base where the Gurkha's are stationed - What is wrong with that? The Gurkha's were not specially sent out to Afghanistan to look after Harry!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

He was an armoured officer sent to an infantry unit because they could protect him as he needed extra protection.
If they weren't there do you think he would have been allowed to go? No
The BRF insist that there children are protected way more than any other sons or daughters who are serving in the military.
Harry's service was there and not much more.
Some of you simply want to believe that he actually served on the same terms as the rest of the troops who are risking their lives etc. He didn't. His brother won't even be allowed to serve which makes their entire service a joke - if they need extra protection and can't serve fully then they should be doing something else rather than wasting taxpayers money just because of whom they are - typical of the belief that they have a right to do whatever they want and the British taxpayer should pay for it.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Harry did not spend all his deployment in Afghanistan with the Gurkhas...
Good post Charlotte!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry buys £11,000 Ducati 848 superbike | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

My, these princes sure like their fast motorbikes. I hope they're careful.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Lovely bubbly Harry | The Sun |News|Royals

Generous Prince Harry treated complete strangers to £200 bottles of vintage champagne on a £10,000 booze bender.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Got it: he was drunk again... Some guys will never really grow up...
Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Are you serious? He's still young and like most people in this age group, he socializes. He's not getting drunk all the time, and its fine to do it on occasion.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
You can't be serious! The article was a joke, and even in this ridiculous article, there was no suggestion that Harry was drunk.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Majesty

There is a story in The Telegraph that CH have denied that Harry was paying for the drinks that night at Boujis
Old 04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm serious. Yes, he can socialize, but no, he shouldn't be like 'most people at his age' and it's not fine at all if he gets drunk 'on occasion' only... He's the 3rd in the line of succession to the British throne and he should act in an impeccable way; since his actions prove otherwise, we have every right to dislike and/or criticize that. What on earth makes you think that everyone is willing to praise such 'deeds'?!

As to the article being a joke or not, I don't have special powers and wrote my comment before I was told that CH denied everything.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He's the 3rd in the line of succession to the British throne and he should act in an impeccable way; since his actions prove otherwise, we have every right to dislike and/or criticize that. What on earth makes you think that everyone is willing to praise such 'deeds'?!

As to the article being a joke or not, I don't have special powers and wrote my comment before I was told that CH denied everything.
There are no "actions" to prove anything. The story has been denied and the Sun has apparently removed it as the link doesn't work, so it was obviously a made-up story.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
There are no "actions" to prove anything. The story has been denied and the Sun has apparently removed it as the link doesn't work, so it was obviously a made-up story.
Yes, I just tried it so it looks like a retraction.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Sun apology for Prince Harry champagne bender splash
Quote:
The Sun today apologised for a front page story on Monday headlined "FIZZ ROYAL HIGHNESS" which claimed Prince Harry had spent £10,000 in four hours on drinks at a nightclub.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad they apologized. The tabloids have been using the same "drinking" story a few times now. It's about time they called out on it!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Wondering what made me believe it...

Sure, they should have apologized earlier or better, shouldn't have made up that story in the first place.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

WEll you know those slow news days. They have to do SOMETHING to jazz it up. I'm surprised they haven't broken the story about Harry being the son of Hitler via DNA and frozen embryos. . . .
Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Wondering what made me believe it...
I wonder to.
That Harry used to be a wild child getting in all sorts of druken troubles is well documented.
But considered is has been well behaved and scandal-free for well over a year now I would think he might catch a break at last.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I truly hope so Idriel. It's just that... oh well, you know what they say about ol' quirks.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry