Prince Harry Current Events 24: May 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He was probably trying to add humor to the occasion. My siblings and I poke fun at each other all the time...he most likely said it to lighten the mood.

It makes sense that it would worry Charles. Harry has a position to uphold and he's always in Africa...or maybe the concerned parent part of Charles is worried about his son's safety, etc. So I don't see a problem with these statements.

I do think that Charles is worrying about the future of the monarchy when he second son spends all his free time in Africa rather than in Britain. It is sending a large message to the general public that a senior royal doesn't want to be in the country of which he is a royal. Of course the fact that both the princes are independently wealthy gives them greater freedom to thumb their noses at their royal status than past young royals have had.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Botswana is a country very close to my heart. The fact that I spend more time here than at home worries my father a lot!” said by Prince Harry in his speech in Africa.

I think if everything turns out with Prince William's future accession to Prince of Wales and his heir Prince Harry might move to Africa and marry Chelsy.

Seeing as Harry has grown up in the UK and seeing as Harry is currently serving in the Military and seeing as Harry has fought and risked his life for Queen and Country, I don't think we have to worry about where Harry's loyalty's lie. Like any youth with the opportunity available to them, he is simply traveling and seeing more of the world. The only message it is sending out to the general public is travel when you can! and as we all know, traveling is good for the mind and heart.

So he did attend one royal event on his trip, sometimes the way he talks about his brother and his father is a bit childish and he is 25.
It's called humour! Families who are close do it all the time. It's back-handed compliments for breakfast, lunch and tea. Those without humour just don't get it . . . .it's beyond their powers of comprehension.

As to "work"? Well apart from a full-time job in the military he spends his leave time as he pleases, doing nothing . . . .
The princes’ busy schedule for the week includes visits to the Tusk Trust wildlife charity in Botswana, of which Prince William is patron, and to projects in Lesotho run by Sentebale, the charity Prince Harry helped found to educate and support children in one of southern Africa’s poorest countries.

I actually look forward to hearing what William will say about Harry in response when he gets to South Africa.:flowers: You're right of course, Marg; it's loving-brother joshing. There doesn't seem to be any "edge" to it at all.

It's called humour! Families who are close do it all the time. It's back-handed compliments for breakfast, lunch and tea. Those without humour just don't get it . . . .it's beyond their powers of comprehension.

I actually look forward to hearing what William will say about Harry in response when he gets to South Africa.:flowers: You're right of course, Marg; it's loving-brother joshing. There doesn't seem to be any "edge" to it at all.

I see the comment Harry made about William being a part of the ongoing repartee between brothers that are very close. Who knows.. maybe to those two so often in different areas of the world and rarely together its their own personal way of letting the other know they're thinking of them.

As far as Charles being worried, I don't think so. I thought as an ambassador to Africa on a state visit, Prince Harry was telling those that he was meeting that he genuinely was very happy to be there in Africa with them. He carried that reception off with the family charisma I think.

Everyone has their own personal favorite spots to be where they really feel at home and for 99% of us, I don't think its where we work. :D We all know how HM loves going to Balmoral in the summer and it seem the Yorks like Spain and Highgrove is Charles'. Harry prefers Africa. I can see in the future if he and Chelsy choose to marry, they most likely spend their holidays there.

People who've spent time in Africa always seem to be longing to get back there, if even for another visit. Africa seems to change people in some way; they look at life differently after having been there.

Harry prefers Africa. I can see in the future if he and Chelsy choose to marry, they most likely spend their holidays there.

People who've spent time in Africa always seem to be longing to get back there, if even for another visit. Africa seems to change people in some way; they look at life differently after having been there.

True. I know a lovely couple who visited Africa and they loved it! They told me that if ever they have a chance to go back they would take it immediately. They told me Africa is serene, peaceful and beautiful. This couple had what they called a "mountain experience" (kind of like what Moses had) because being there made them feel so connected to the Divine Being that there were changes in their lives because of Africa.

So I understand Harry's love of the continent. Maybe it gives him the peace he cannot find elsewhere.

As far as Charles being worried, I don't think so. I thought as an ambassador to Africa on a state visit, Prince Harry was telling those that he was meeting that he genuinely was very happy to be there in Africa with them. He carried that reception off with the family charisma I think.
This is my impression too. I think he was paying a nice compliment to the country he is visiting. Flattery always wins people over. ;)

Harry was an absolute stand-out all-through this trip. Imo he completely outshined William with his natural charisma and easiness (although I'm terribly biased).

Harry has evoked the memory of his mother once again. It also seems that he is at peace with his role as 'the spare'. I would be too: there is so many advantages in being in such a position:

Prince Harry: There isn't a day goes by in Africa when I don't think about my mother..I can be myself here | Mail Online

I was really deeply touched by Harry's words to his mother, Princess Diana. I'm fond of seeing how Harry loves Diana very much!:flowers:

He is patron of
Sentebale, WellChild, Dolen Cymru, and MapAction. There is also The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.
That is all as far as I know. He is involved in a lot of military charities.

Thank you Lunutqueen. Are WellChild, Folen Cymru and MapAction out of Great Britian?:flowers:

Does anyone else think that if Prince Henry and Ms. Davies get married they might be citizens of both United Kingdom and Africa? I could see that happening because his charity work primarily is in Africa.:flowers:

Does anyone else think that if Prince Henry and Ms. Davies get married they might be citizens of both United Kingdom and Africa? I could see that happening because his charity work primarily is in Africa.:flowers:

You can't be a citizen of Africa, as Africa is a continent, not a country. Did you mean South Africa? I don't know what their citizenship requirements are, but I doubt that Harry would carry duel citizenship. He wouldn't automatically gain citizenship just by marrying her.

Thank you Lunutqueen. Are WellChild, Folen Cymru and MapAction out of Great Britian?:flowers:

No, Folen Cymru is Welsh.
WellChild is baised in the UK.
MapAction is also based in the UK, but deals with disaster areas all around the world.

Not Africa as a whole ;)
For him to be a citizen of South Africa, which is the likeliest place, Harry would have to be there for some time, all at once to be a citizen of that country.

ghost_night I got a wonderful, brave feeling for Prince Harry when I saw the photo from the article.

Sorry to ask this, but what charities does Prince Harry have patronages in the Commonwealth of Great Britain? I only know of his patronages in Africa.:flowers:
I was so shocked this morning when I saw the article but oh so happy I had been hoping one of the boys would continue her work in someway with the landmines.

I doubt he'd give up British citizenship, and as a Counsellor of State, he'd have to return to the UK every time the Queen was overseas or if she was incapacitated.

ETA: From Wikipedia:
These qualifications are the same as those for a regent: they must be at least 21 years old (except the heir-apparent or presumptive, who need only be 18 years old), they must be domiciled in the United Kingdom, and they must be a British citizen.

Which means that if Harry choose to live abroad and give up British citizenship, he'd lose his spot as a counsellor of state to Princess Beatrice.

Last edited:

I thought this gesture was totally wonderful for Harry to do. What better legacy could Diana have hoped for her sons than to not only have them remember her but also commemorate those things that she held dear to herself in life. Their mother may be physically gone from this Earth but so much of her continues in her sons.

no when I said bad dehja vu I meant I had sudden flashbacks to Diana walking around the landmines not that I meant it was a bad thing shoulda worded it differently :flowers:

ETA: I so hope Harry decides to take on a formal role with the Halo trust I think it could be the greatest tribute he could ever give his mother.

Does anyone know if a British royal and a Counselor of State have dual citizenship?

Thank you Thena for the Wikipedia article. I got from reading that article that a Counselor of State from the UK can have more than one residency as long as the United Kingdom is their permanent residency. So Prince Henry could live in Africa with Ms. Davies I believe some of the time.:flowers:

^^ :lol:
That's funny how Harry laments that William doesn't listen to him. It's true that older siblings tend to not listen to younger ones. When my younger siblings give me advice (and I don't ask for it) I usually ignore it.

Prince Harry attended the wedding of former Royal Equerry Mark Dyer
(good friend of both Harry and William) and Amanda Kline at St Edmund's
Church on July 3, 2010 in Abergavenny, Wales.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom