Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he go with friends, or just his protection officers?

Looks like it could be Harry, but then perhaps not.

:previous: Hmm, can't spot any of his usual crowd or DPO's so I don't know.

Prince Harry 'a soldier for life' as he plans to stay in Army until retirement - Mirror Online
Prince Harry wants to remain a professional soldier “until he can draw his pension”, writes Keir Mudie in The People.
The 29-year-old captain also declared he has “the best job in the world” and he intends to stick at it until he is 55.
Harry, who has completed two combat tours in Afghanistan, added that flying an Apache Helicopter gunship was one of the “best experiences” of his life.
The fourth in line to the throne told colleagues: “Flying such an awesome machine is the best experience ever.” He added cheekily: “It’s better than… well I’ll leave that up to your imagination.”
His declaration came as it was *announced older brother William will take a civilian job with the East Anglian Air Ambulance – and confirms both *princes’ desire to lead more normal lives rather than be pressured into becoming full-time royals like their father.

Has he been to many beer festivals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry got nominated for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge by Jamie Oliver

It would be so great if Harry went there! It's the kind of thing that he can handle!:flowers:

But who will Harry then nominate? Surely not HM! Probably William. Or perhaps Mike Tindall.

Well since it's either take the challenge or donate, he actually could nominate the Queen. All she'd have to do is decline and write a check. I seriously doubt he would nominate her though. :lol:

I'm not sure if Harry will do the challenge. It's possible that he'll just decide to donate. I could see him nominating William, or Beatrice and maybe Skippy or another good friend.

Last edited:
William has already been nominated.

A lot of celebrities are choosing to take the challenge and donate as you can only make nominations if you do the challenge.

You're right. You can only nominate if you take the challenge. I was looking at the rules and it seems even if you take the challenge, you're still supposed to donate. You just don't have to donate as much as those that decline the challenge.

:previous: Hmm, Penny Junor . . . is this it or has she managed to spin it into a whole doorstep-sized character assassination. This article is almost a carbon copy of 'Charles the studious versus Randy Andy' way, way, way back then. Except, of course, for the drug bit with all the quotation marks but since they were unattributed are, therefore, suspect.

Yes, I was going to buy this biography. Now I'm not so sure. If Harry going to be portrayed as a reckless boozy hot-head, a loose cannon against virtuous William, then I'll forget it altogether.

Penny Junor could barely bring herself to say anything bad about Charles in her past books while portraying Diana as virtually insane and a bad mother.

So I suppose, according to the Junor theory, Harry represents the irresponsible rip roaring aristo Spencer part of his ancestry, while William is the sober, industrious Windsor.

Presumably the founding of Harry's charity, Sentable, when he was just a teenager, plus his work in Afghanistan will be air-brushed in favour of boozing, womanising and nazi uniform stories.

:previous: I think you got it in one!

Yes, I was going to buy this biography. Now I'm not so sure. If Harry going to be portrayed as a reckless boozy hot-head, a loose cannon against virtuous William, then I'll forget it altogether.

Penny Junor could barely bring herself to say anything bad about Charles in her past books while portraying Diana as virtually insane and a bad mother.

So I suppose, according to the Junor theory, Harry represents the irresponsible rip roaring aristo Spencer part of his ancestry, while William is the sober, industrious Windsor.

Presumably the founding of Harry's charity, Sentable, when he was just a teenager, plus his work in Afghanistan will be air-brushed in favour of boozing, womanising and nazi uniform stories.

Honesty forces me to say that it was Harry himself, and Harry alone, to be the sole contributor of his image of a binge-drinking loose cannon.

There is such a thing as a balanced portrait when an author sets out to write a biography (unless the subject is irredeemably evil.)

Junor, unfortunately, is one of those biographers of the royals for whom there always has to be a good guy/bad guy or bad girl scenario. Just as she blatantly took Charles's part in her book on the War of the Windsors, declaring such things as 'Diana didn't know how to be a mother,' it is clear that Harry's compassionate and charitable side is going to be buried in a cut and paste account of his wild years, (now virtually gone, one might add!)

If you take out the exaggerations, you end up with a young man who has made some poor choices, grown up a lot, likes attention and whose life is complicated. That describes a lot of the young people I know. No big deal and no surprises IMHO.

If you take out the exaggerations, you end up with a young man who has made some poor choices, grown up a lot, likes attention and whose life is complicated. That describes a lot of the young people I know. No big deal and no surprises IMHO.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Video:
At a reception at the US ambassador's official residence, Winfield House in Regent's Park, Prince Harry thanked the athletes for embracing the concept. The reception included a video message of support from American president Barack Obama-
Home - ITNSource News

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h
#PrinceHarry will attend the #WellChild Awards ceremony, London Hilton Park Lane on 22nd Sept.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the Well Child event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom