Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorta okay with all this shockingly I dunno why I guess that video they showed us a few years ago at school on raves knocked out all the shock I could possibly get from someone going to a rave, whether or not I know them personally. I just hope Harry is more careful next time.:flowers:

when i was younger i went with a group of friends to one. we were there 10 min 8 min to get in the door one to look around and one to leave...not my spot at all. Here there was no alcohol just dancing and water bottles to go with the pills.

^Ya that's the kind we were shown in school a few years back and then it showed us how everything looks to you once you take those pills scared the pants off me. Then following that movie we saw one about how you can get killed in the easiest car crashes and what happened after....you don't understand I do not want to drive every after watching that one. Sorry mods I know I went a bit off topic.

This rave rant is really on a roll. I have one question though . . . . where are all the photos? OK, so maybe the journo's couldn't get in but the attendees were surely armed with state-of-the-art cellphones complete with high quality camera. So, where are all the tell-tale pix of Harry? At the rave? Off his face swigging booze? Blitzed on the ubiquitous ecstacy that has become a rallying point of shame in this case?

After all, Rave's don't have exclusive guest lists and bouncers on the doors. That being the case, it wouldn't be much of a Rave with the "Same Old Crowd" from Bijou's et al. So there must have been a lot more people there. People that would have been more than willing to make a quick buck or more.

The last time everyone got to righteously wound up was when Harry spent an obscene amount of money on booze at a glitzy Nightclub . . . . . questions were even asked in the House . . . . What's that you say, Harry wasn't even there and you have the proof? Damn!

Did any or all of this actually happen or, for lack of Harry's actual appearance, is this just finger wagging in general for the next time Harry "blows it".

I think you make a fair point. There seems to be no photographs of Harry being present, which would be quite an achievement for his CH handlers to achieve.

And whilst it is very easy to get carried away thinking about what a rave potentially attended by Harry might entail, surely a rave with a "guest list" does not come across really as a "classic" rave to me. Extending the thought, if somebody were hosting a rave with a guest list, putting Harry's name down on it (whether he intended to attend, or for that matter,query whether he was even invited) would surely be one way of getting some extra "street cred" for the rave!

:previous:
A Royal source said: ‘The Prince had no idea of the legal status of the party.
Mr Gaba, 28, who was at the party, said: ‘I was totally oblivious to the fact that Prince Harry was there but then I cottoned on to the fact that he was standing there. I was told he enjoyed it and that he was happy and pleased with the event.’

The second is a quote from a fellow party goer.

I accept that, but I might be inclined to query the authenticity of a statement in a tabloid by a previously unheard of Mr Gaba. :flowers:

I accept that, but I might be inclined to query the authenticity of a statement in a tabloid by a previously unheard of Mr Gaba. :flowers:
I'm sure you might, it is however more reliable than an 'unnamed close friend', a 'royal source', etc. I would much rather see a quote from a named source, whether I know them personally or not, it is at least possible to ascertain whether they do exist or not with a little detective work.

I'm more curious how someone active in the protection squad from a decade ago can have such upto the minute access to the princes' private whereabouts.:ermm:

As to THE rave, one person's "rave" is another's idea of a party with LOTS of friends. I have never heard of a rave with a guest list, they are supposed to be word of mouth, or text (these days), mostly anonymous. If a guest list did exist, it was an invited party.

i don't think the former protection officer was implying that he had intimate knowledge of harry's whereabouts but was saying that harry, along with other royals, bear some responsibilitly for their own safety and by attending an illegal event like a rave, harry knowingly put himself in danger.:flowers:

Are raves themselves illegal, or is it the conduct that typically goes on inside one?

:previous: It depends, some are legal with an application for a temporary event notice. The problem is that many do not apply for a license and there seems to be some question as to whether the event Harry attended, involved the organisers breaking in.:flowers:

I'm sure you might, it is however more reliable than an 'unnamed close friend', a 'royal source', etc. I would much rather see a quote from a named source, whether I know them personally or not, it is at least possible to ascertain whether they do exist or not with a little detective work.

Fair point, but is anybody ever likely to do any detective work to ascertain whether the said Mr Gaba exists? I doubt it.

Fair point, but is anybody ever likely to do any detective work to ascertain whether the said Mr Gaba exists? I doubt it.
Hmm, I checked in the directory!:D

No, just the one Paul Gaba from that area.

No, just the one Paul Gaba from that area.

..... though the "guest list" was not confined to the area, as a certain Prince Harry from London SW1 travelled to E1 for the event!

..... though the "guest list" was not confined to the area, as a certain Prince Harry from London SW1 travelled to E1 for the event!
The amount of time spent trying to disprove the one and only Paul Gaba in the whole of London is not the party organiser named in the Mail, in an effort to disprove Harry's attendance at an illegal rave, has been hilarious to observe.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don´t know anything about these so called raaves, only what I have read but surely it is a danger to crowd people into what was described as a dilapidated apartment which had been sealed off because of complaints from neighbours, the door had to be broken open for the festivities to start. It sounds like a dangerous situation for any young person, let alone the third in line to the throne.I gather that now Harry is a young officer these have been dispensed with?
The photographs of the place shown in the paper indicated it is a small space, and it seems there must be some reason for these young well to-do young people to attend other than a friendly get together. Perhaps they are bored with their usual palatial surroundings and enjoy the novelty of "slumming it".

I don´t know anything about these so called raaves, only what I have read but surely it is a danger to crowd people into what was described as a dilapidated apartment which had been sealed off because of complaints from neighbours, the door had to be broken open for the festivities to start. It sounds like a dangerous situation for any young person, let alone the third in line to the throne.
Ah, if your concern is about the venue rather than the event I certainly think this is a legitimate issue. There is definitely a health and safety hazard about partying in run-down places and it's not making his minders job any easier.
That would be my only problem with the event but admittedly that's a big deal.
The photographs of the place shown in the paper indicated it is a small space, and it seems there must be some reason for these young well to-do young people to attend other than a friendly get together. Perhaps they are bored with their usual palatial surroundings and enjoy the novelty of "slumming it".
Oh definitely. Let's 'slum it up' but among toffs only. The way it was described it sounds like a glorified house party not a real rave.
Nothing sinister but severely lacking in originality in my humble opinion.

I think this topic has been flogged to death, but here are my two bits for what it is worth:

1) Breaking into or damaging a property is clearly not on, and is deplorable

2) There does not appear to be any concrete evidence that Harry was actually there, despite the (credible?) quote by a Mr Gaba to a tabloid that he saw Harry.

3) Even if Harry was there, I don't see this as a major issue. His firends, Guy Pelly and co, were headed to a party, and Harry went along as well. This was not a major opublic engagement, just a one-off social occassion. I do not think it is for Clarence House to "check" whether each venue has received the necessary licenses etc. before Harry visits. Since this whole discussion is based on speculation and poitentially less than credible reportng by a tabloid, it may well be that it could be as simple as some of Harry's friends asking if he wanted to come along to a "cool" party in the East End and he just popping in there for a bit. However, given the relatively few crediuble facts surrounding this evening, it could just be anything else!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is time to move on.

:previous: From the article
It would appear old habits die hard for Prince Harry and former girlfriend Chelsy Davy.
The pair, who separated three months ago, were partying within a mile of each other into the early hours of yesterday.
Only a mile!:whistling::ROFLMAO:

:previous:
:lol:
Indeed only a mile, shame it wasn't closer tbqh.
X

I'm sure Harry can raise lots of money here in the U.S. from American socialites eager to rub elbows with a real royal. And who might be desirous of landing a big catch for their daughters now that the prince is apparently single again.

Another grant of 'special leave'. I begin to wonder if he will ever become a fully fledged pilot.

Here is the Telegraphs article

The 24-year-old is to participate in a charity polo match in New York as well as taking part in a series of official engagements.
The match will act as a fundraiser for Sentebale, the charity supporting African Aids orphans he set up in memory of his late mother.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...Harry-to-make-first-official-visit-to-US.html

^when and for how long was the last special leave?

:previous:The African motorcycle jaunt in October is one that immediately springs to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom