Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone there, including Harry, was in any doubt of the seriousness of the circumstances. Sometimes, in the face of such extreme tragedy, a little levity and a shifting of thought to something more pleasant can be a welcome momentary release. Harry has seen war and lost friends to it. People have different ways of dealing with death.

In the danger of further beating a dead horse, I've yet to see or hear anything in the Australian media stating that anyone found Harry's quip unacceptable.
There's nothing in the linked news story to indicate that anyone has taken the slightest offence at what was said.
:deadhorse: Not really the point though is it? Virtually every thread has, as an example, an American commenting on a royal family, clearly not their own, sometimes even outraged by something said royal has said or done. By the reasoning that appears to be coming from yourself and MARG, nobody except the Australians should think or comment that they found the remark, the 'humour' to be unacceptable under the circumstances.

I found the remark callous and totally misplaced.:flowers:
I don't see the point of being offended on behalf of the Australians if the Australians themselves weren't offended.
I can't find anywhere that it states that anyone is offended on behalf of the Australians?

Could there be some kind of international humour break-down going on? People from different areas of the world have different senses of humour. When I went to see the movie "Tootsie", there was a British man sitting behind me. He roared with laughter and things that the rest of us didn't think were that funny, and vice-versa. Some British humour I find very funny, and there's some that I don't "get" at all.:flowers:

The Brits do have a different sense of humour to many other countries, One is Gallows Humour, but many also believe it is important to behave when it is a solemn occasion. I would have thought when signing a book of condolence, your thoughts are on the devastation caused, not a silly game of bloody cricket!:flowers:

OK, those who are offended by Harry's quip can continue to be offended, and those who aren't offended can continue to wonder what the fuss was all about.
Since this particular dead horse has well and truly been flogged, let's leave the topic and move on to something else.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

:previous: I hope the article is inaccurate when it talks of Harry drinking!

We all know Harry has a great sense of humor, so I'm guessing the pink nails are some sort of joke.

Pink nails ... I wonder why Prince Henri does such things. It appears to me that he likes to test the public opinion or he simply does not care about such trivial thing.

Nice and slowly I tend to quit monarchy and send those "royals" into the wilderness after Queen Elizabeth´s death (she also seems not to be willing or able to call her grandchildren to order......):cool:

He probably lost a silly bet of some kind. I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. ;)

Wow, from that angle Harry really looks like Charles eyes, brow, nose and (the Queen's) long upper lip.

I agree, Sonjapearl -- he's looking more and more like Charles with each passing year. The close-set eyes, the nose...

At least the pink nail polish matches his pink boxers. Gotta give the guy credit for being color coordinated!

Granny must have been thrilled to see those particular headlines.:lol:

We all know Harry has a great sense of humor, so I'm guessing the pink nails are some sort of joke.

Probably a dare, and Harry seems like the kind of guy who can't, or won't, or is reluctant to refuse a dare!

At least the pink nail polish matches his pink boxers. Gotta give the guy credit for being color coordinated!
When one is competing with one's own father in the 'Best Dressed' cagtegory it looks like 'Most Aspiringly Nonchalant Bon Vivant' is the way to go! :D
Esmeralda said:
Granny must have been thrilled to see those particular headlines.:lol:
I bet she laughed herself silly and scourged him with her withering wit via text! :ROFLMAO:

Nice and slowly I tend to quit monarchy and send those "royals" into the wilderness after Queen Elizabeth´s death (she also seems not to be willing or able to call her grandchildren to order......):cool:
Yes, it's quite shocking. Only just recovering from last year's outrageous hoop earrings embarrassment and the scandalous non-glowing glow stick, now the House of Windsor is faced with the headline-grabbing pink fingernails crisis. Where will it all end?

Probably a dare, and Harry seems like the kind of guy who can't, or won't, or is reluctant to refuse a dare!

Indeed he has a strong will. I don't see him backing out of something if he looses.
x

Wow, from that angle Harry really looks like Charles eyes, brow, nose and (the Queen's) long upper lip.
Are we looking at the same pictures, because I just don't see it!:ermm:

Yes, my thoughts exactly. And if it's true, I hope that it's dealt with appropriately!!!!
I didn't want to bring this up but it's been bothering me. What is wrong with Harry having a drink while he's off duty? From the article I read back in January it said he cannot have a drink 12 hours before flying, unless it's something else and I've misunderstood what you two meant. :flowers:

Because it is a 12 hours before each flight ban and trainees are also subject to alcohol testing on a random basis, it is normally seen as a total alcohol ban for the entire training period, (some people can still have alcohol in their systems after the 12 hours), IME & IMO.:flowers: As Harry has been struggling to pass the tests, I would have hoped he wouldn't take any chances of receiving another minus mark through having a positive for alcohol. It doesn't seem too much to ask that he remains alcohol free to achieve his goal.

Yes, it's quite shocking. Only just recovering from last year's outrageous hoop earrings embarrassment and the scandalous non-glowing glow stick, now the House of Windsor is faced with the headline-grabbing pink fingernails crisis. Where will it all end?
Move over "Kiss", "Ozzy" you're too old. . . . . here comes Harry . . . with make-up! :D

Call me old fashioned if you will, but I simply do not think it appropriate for princes of the realm to turn up at night clubs wearing pink nail varnish or scruffy shoes. It is embarrassing and my respect for these two clowns is wearing abit thin. How can they be taken seriously in performing their royal and charitable duties in smart suits and good intent when they then go about like a pair of idiots? Its as if they have split personalities - by day they posh up and act formally and by night they turn into male versions of Amy Winehouse (or soon will be!!)

I really don't see the problem with scruffy shoes. At least they shown their owner wears the same pair....a lot. Before passing judgement on the pink nails, it would be interesting to know why he got them.

Are we looking at the same pictures, because I just don't see it!:ermm:

I dont know how to post pictures, but if anyone else out there has a copy of Royal Romance by Lynn Picknett from 1977, 78, 79 and 90 there are several pictures of Charles at roughly the same age and the resemblance is striking, particularly in the candid/action shots. The pictures are on the cover as well as pages 145, 153 and 155.

Admins, is there a sticky out there on how to post photos for those of us who are technologically challenged?

:previous:
Forum Support and Feedback subforum: ImageShack tutorial and general picture posting questions thread.

Basically, you must have an image-hosting account (they are free).
You then upload images from your computer to the hosting account.
Photobucket automatically generates several codes which appear underneath the stored image. Just copy and paste the code labelled 'Direct Link' into the post. Done! :)

I really don't see the problem with scruffy shoes. At least they shown their owner wears the same pair....a lot. Before passing judgement on the pink nails, it would be interesting to know why he got them.

You're quite right of-course regarding the shoes, I often wear a scruffy pair for the gardening but a nice pair of shoes for an evening out shows the wearer has made an effort. I'm sure I'll get over it. I'll reserve judgement on the pink nails in case it was for charity or he genuinly likes wearing nail varnish - perhaps a slightly darker tone would have suited Harry's colouring better.... :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom