Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't see why he should be offended because of what Harry said; his "shtick" consists of lots of stories about racial stereotypes. I didn't find his particular kind of humour particularly funny, actually.:ermm:

All of this happens because 'people' wanted to see these young men brought up as 'normal'.

Although I have to wonder if this comedian needed some publicity, otherwise why wait so long to make the private conversation public? The fact that he doesn't talk as one might expect is a large part of his performance from what I recall!:nonono:

I found this clip www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1qYBnn7sg&feature=related

I think so, too, Jo. He seems to be going with the current "Harry is a racist" theme--perhaps because it seems to fit in with his humour.:nonono:

After reading the article I have to say that there is only this comedian who says that prince Harry said this to him. I don't want to discount the report outright but I really wonder if there could be two explanations: one is that Harry in fact said that and the other is that it's a way to ride on the wave of Harry's mishaps - which is what comedians make their living from, after all.

... The army video was 3 years ago and was leaked last month. The remark to the comic was 3 months ago. ... [snipped]
Under such circumstances, a legitimate question "Who informs mass media outlets about Prince Henri's comments? " arises. While I do not condone his gaffes, I am just curious to know why these comments started to appear on a somewhat regular basis.

My best guess is that Prince Harry has become a "poster boy" for those who want to give the impression of the current Royal Family as being rather dim and useless. If the editors were interested in keeping the RF in respectful regard, these items wouldn't be printed.:rolleyes:

Under such circumstances, a legitimate question "Who informs mass media outlets about Prince Henri's comments? " arises. While I do not condone his gaffes, I am just curious to know why these comments started to appear on a somewhat regular basis.

Sorry if this has been posted, didn't want to go back and look cause I'm really busy.

Top brass have ordered the 24-year-old to attend an equality and diversity course in an effort to drive home to him just how offensive and damaging his insensitive remarks are.

But a senior military insider last night insisted the prince’s military career “will not suffer” because of the P*** jibe. The source said: “Although this matter will go on Harry’s record it will not go against him.”

Clarence House added: “Prince Harry has said sorry for his remarks and has been subjected to normal Army disciplinary procedures. The matter is now closed.”

The Mirror

My best guess is that Prince Harry has become a "poster boy" for those who want to give the impression of the current Royal Family as being rather dim and useless. If the editors were interested in keeping the RF in respectful regard, these items wouldn't be printed.:rolleyes:

I quite agree with you Mermaid1962. For many years now the media has focused most of its attention on so-called scandals and negative stories about the royal family as if to try to diminish the respect they and the institution of the monarchy itself has in Britain. The way in which the media portrays the royal family is IMO generally negative. If the media (and I use the term rather generally here) have a problem about the royal family or the monarchy, then they should come out with it openly. Assuming they wish for a republic, they should at least state that this is the case rather than print anti-monarchy/anti-royal stories all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes Harry look like the none-too-bright, smart-alecky kid who sat in the back of the class making funny remarks--to the annoyance of the teacher and to the delight of the rest of the class whenever the lad got sent to the principal's office.;):D

Prince Harry has been ordered to attend an equality and diversity course by Army chiefs after being formally disciplined for his 'Paki' remark.
It is the second time the prince will have had to undertake the racial awareness training, which is mandatory for recruits

Prince Harry sent on equality training by Army after 'Paki' slur | Mail Online

Now that is a waste of taxpayers money

This makes Harry look like the none-too-bright, smart-alecky kid.;):D

When it rains it pours. I think Harry is getting it in every area of his life right now.

I think he must have a wicked sense of humor and is either not bright or very
naive in his interpersonal skills.:nonono:

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?
I personally remember clearly reports and pictures of him being particularly cosy with the Gurkhas that were guarding him in Afghanistan.
Then there was that Paki row. In the video and in his statement he described his fellow soldier as a friend. Just how close buddy they are/were is unclear especially since they now live in different countries but the point is he did train and serve alongside him.
Harry did call him after the video became public, which was an opportunity for Khan to 'tell him like it is', as you say, if needed. All the reports I have read say that Khan did tell him he wasn't offended.
Then there was the report about the Indian polo friend nicknamed Sooty (I am sure you had no idea the guy was within Harry's social circle until a couple of weeks ago).

Would all these scandals be happening if he did?

Tatler did a feature on William and Harry's pretty large, extended inner circle, they all seemed to fit the same profile. I'm not really sure that he hits up Boujis with the guys he works with in Afghanistan though...maybe? That would be interesting.

I don't think Harry's a racist, but he hasn't learned to think before he speaks. Unfortunately, that's a trait many of us share, but we don't have the press following us around and looking for our faux pas.

Personally, I doubt the incident ever happened at all. I think it's just this comedian's schtick. Unfortunately, since Harry was caught out making a racist remark before, he is going to be fodder for a lot of this kind of thing.

I think Harry doesn't think before he speaks and I dare say that an equality and diversity course will not help.

I don't think Harry's a racist, but he hasn't learned to think before he speaks. Unfortunately, that's a trait many of us share, but we don't have the press following us around and looking for our faux pas.
I totally agree. You have to see me, I say the most stupid things and later I'm like Christina will you learn to think before you speak. I just don't think he needs to course to be honest but oh well lets just hope this course will mark the end of all this.

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?
I personally remember clearly reports and pictures of him being particularly cosy with the Gurkhas that were guarding him in Afghanistan. http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...per_Front_Pages_On_Thursday_February_12,_2009

That, IMO, doesn't mean anything....just that we saw pictures and reports that could easily have been set up to make it look like 'Prince Harry' was safe in the care of the Gurkhas to all those who thought he would be risking his royal neck and such...

They could simply be blowing smoke... smoke doesn't mean there's a fire.

Now that is a waste of taxpayers money

but what is the alternative? there needs to be some sort of reaction from the army. what kind of message would be sent out if using this kind of language by a member of the armed forces on duty (the fact that we are talking about a member of the royal family only makes it worse) was being tolerated and left without consequences?

It seems to me that the PC Brigade have staged a "Bloodless Revolution". Free thought is a thing of the past because what you say (in private) is what (they say) you think and therefore are. The "Thought Police" are in full cry, baying like a pack of rabid dogs, with just about as much sense. :bangin:

What is wrong with everyone? So Harry said P*** in a private video, so what! It was stolen and suddenly someone that nobody considered "racist" is, in retrospect, branded a racist and now he is being sent away to be reprogrammed! :bang:

As for our friendly "Comedian"? Last seen bleating that he had been "taken out of context", which in all probability he had, what a free ride he got not to mention the free publicity that money could not buy. :doh:

More hangings, floggings and burnings at the stake should correct this deviant behaviour. :hotwater:

What? That's not very nice and definitely not politically correct? :devil2:Damned right! :D

Oh Marg, you'll have to wear sackcloth and ashes for ten days now as penance for your badspeak.

:previous: Mea cupa, mea maxima culpa.:noevil:Well at least that takes care of my wardrobe choices and beauty treatments for the next few days. ;)

but what is the alternative? there needs to be some sort of reaction from the army. what kind of message would be sent out if using this kind of language by a member of the armed forces on duty (the fact that we are talking about a member of the royal family only makes it worse) was being tolerated and left without consequences?
Oh please, I hope I am not punished for something I said, in jest, 3 years ago! Don't you think the public humiliation and taunts of racist, (when he clearly IMO isn't) are enough? Does anyone really think forcing someone to sit through tea and biscuits has any effect anyway?
More hangings, floggings and burnings at the stake should correct this deviant behaviour. :hotwater:

What? That's not very nice and definitely not politically correct? :devil2:Damned right! :D
I am for once speechless, I couldn't have put it better myself! :cheers::notworthy::notworthy:

Oh please, I hope I am not punished for something I said, in jest, 3 years ago! Don't you think the public humiliation and taunts of racist, (when he clearly IMO isn't) are enough? Does anyone really think forcing someone to sit through tea and biscuits has any effect anyway?

do you represent a country or the armed forces in public? i am not saying harry is racist but as clarence house the army needs to officially respond to what happened, and they did.

do you represent a country or the armed forces in public? i am not saying harry is racist but as clarence house the army needs to officially respond to what happened, and they did.
Represent the armed forces, that is not a tag anyone would give Harry! :whistling: By punishing him, lambasting him the impression is being perpetuated that he is a racist.

Hopefully, the class and being in the news three times with make Prince Harry think before doing anything so controversial. He needs to think of what he is doing before he acts. He is a junior representative to the BRF.:rolleyes:

Represent the armed forces, that is not a tag anyone would give Harry! :whistling:

oh really? fact is that harry was with his unit, even wearing his uniform when he did make a racist remark - maybe because out of carelessness, what i believe, but maybe not. and by the way, what would be person who was being called a racist name think in case harry just got away with his remark because everybody knows anyway he didn't mean it in a racist way? and what could all other members of the army of the same ethnic origin expect in the future when being addressed in that way? just to say 'good old harry didn't mean it' is bound to provide a blank approval for others to act in a similar way but who are not only careless but driven by other motivations.

I think Harry doesn't think before he speaks and I dare say that an equality and diversity course will not help.
You are absolutely right. Prince Henri should just think before he utters a word/sentence. Right Skydragon is noting that that the equality training may be viewed as waste of taxpayers funds.

^How gentlemanly of Mr Stamos, after throwing Harry to the wolves, to try and nuance his own remarks.
From the transcript of his television interview, it's pretty clear he knew exactly what he was saying/doing.
Would all these scandals be happening if he did?
Whether those incidents can be called scandals is a matter of opinion. Some people think they reflect bigotry other (much wider crowd, from what I have heard/read), think they are are non-stories.

Sorry, I still say this comedian is just doing schtick and the incident never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom