Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be a thing that young people do. There have been pictures of Chelsy doing that as well. Can't imagine doing that to one of my friends, though.:lol:

Maybe Chelsy did that, but the point is that he was allegedly (love that word) licking a fellow soldier´s face..... :ohmy:

I can't say that I've seen it be done by men either atleast in my personal experience but I have seen weirder things than that! But no I think he was just being silly at that moment

Just wanted to add, I still can't believe how serious it's gotten even involving his charities, I mean I'd understand if it was recent but it was 3 years ago come on.

Prince Charles should now issue a statement saying that he won't accept this apology until the Muslim leader apologises to both the British Army and the British Government for calling Harry a thug (or should that be t--g?).
That would bring the debate nicely full circle and allow it to go on for a few more days. :hamster:

Warren,
You are so right. Everything has got its limits. Some officials and other public people has gone too far in their righteous anger. However, I think that the Clarence House is unlikely to issue any statements, but just wait for the scandal to die out on its own.

:previous: Why are we not surprised that the story is fading from the headlines? :ermm:

Well once a few normally sensible people reviewed their incredibly intemporate and inflamatory rhetoric and realised that they had been "right royally" wound up by the media, a very few have had the grace to apologise. :doh:

Racist rhetoric sells papers, apologies do not. :deadhorse:

Warren,
You are so right. Everything has got its limits. Some officials and other public people has gone too far in their righteous anger. However, I think that the Clarence House is unlikely to issue any statements, but just wait for the scandal to die out on its own.

Harry apologized.He had the sense and the grace to do so.Some of the more responsible reporters gave a fair treatment of the story,without too much rhetoric,and that ought to be the end of it.But,I've noticed,that so many so-called "reporters" are only interested in dredging up anything that is sensational,salacious,dirty...
I thought the story should have died down right after Harry apologized,but then someone else dug up a statement Charles made(with the other man's approval,yet)...so it looks like we're waiting for another "scandal,"just because it sells papers.:nonono:

Harry apologized. He had the sense and the grace to do so.
Yes he apologised. But surely the fellow Officer Cadet was the only one who was entitled to an apology should an apology have been needed. There really is no need to do the complete mea clupa, mea maxima culpa, to a bunch of "pious, pompous, prudish, sanctimonious, semi-hysterical, self-righteous, mealymouthed, whining prigs". :censored:

(My compliments to Andrew Alexander . . . . . I couldn't have said it better myself!). :ROFLMAO:

As with the implied racist treatment of "Sooty" at their polo club? I think the only racists were the patronising "pious, pompous, prudish, sanctimonious, semi-hysterical, self-righteous, mealymouthed, whining prigs", who felt that as he was obviously incapable of understanding that he had been insulted, they would be for him! . . . . . :hammer:

Yes he apologised. But surely the fellow Officer Cadet was the only one who was entitled to an apology should an apology have been needed.
I disagree here.
Harry is a Prince of the UK. He had to publicly acknowledged that his language could cause offense to many of his grandmother's subjects.

Note that he didn't apologise for giving his friend that nickname (this is indeed an apology only Ahmed was entitled to, and apparently received) but for the offence it had caused, presumably to those who had this word thrown at them in a very different context.
I think there is a subtility here and I think the way this was handled by his office was the correct approach.
It should have ended right there and the public character assassination that occurred after the publication of the video and article was indeed lamentable and uncalled for.

Now that the "victim" has spoken, I hope that people will take his word for it.:flowers:
I am puzzled by this, from The Sun article.
Ahmed communicated with The Sun via text messages sent to a friend
? Which in every other media outlet is now being omitted.

To the British media - leave the man alone, he has apologised!

The Greek Hello! magazine had an article and many photos about Harry & Chelsy's holidays in Mauritius.But I'm sure you already know about that,the topic is probably borrowed by the UK Hello!,right? :flowers:

What's been wonderfully overlooked is Harry's relationship with a fellow soldier. "I love you" and licking and kissing him? I won't lie, I'm thrilled Harry's potentially on the bi bus but I think it's quite funny nobody's really mentioned it.

I thought this writer at The Huffington Post seemed to sum up how most people feel...

Mike Alvear: Prince Harry Video Reveals His Carpet Matches His Drapes

Thanks for the link, zembla -- I thoroughly enjoyed this perspective, especially this bit:

In the video, Harry pretends he's on the phone with The Queen and ends the conversation with, "God save you." Now, that's funny. Here's exactly what he said: "Send my love to the corgis. I've got to go, got to go, bye. God Save You."

Good lord, that is hilarious! Wonder if HM's caught wind of that bit, and if "we'd" be amused or not? ;)

What's been wonderfully overlooked is Harry's relationship with a fellow soldier. "I love you" and licking and kissing him? I won't lie, I'm thrilled Harry's potentially on the bi bus but I think it's quite funny nobody's really mentioned it.

It doesn't mean he's bi. Guys and girls my age often behave a little too affectionately with our friends when we're drunk!

Good lord, that is hilarious! Wonder if HM's caught wind of that bit, and if "we'd" be amused or not? ;)
That sense of humour had to come fromwhere! I have a suspicion that she would have been "tickled pink". :lol:

Can anyone explain how the copyright law works in UK? Does the tape belong to the officer who owns the equipment or since Harry filmed the published segments, belong to Harry? Can either sue the press for publishing the tape?

I think that the theft will be dealt with within the Army, however, I would dearly love to see all the media that handled it charged with "Receiving Stolen Property".

The way I see it is that charging the media is the only way to protect high profile "Objects of Interest". I use the term "objects" as I think that is the way the media deals with them, as commodiies . . . . sick but slick.

The content of what was or is stolen is immaterial. Theft is theft, and the law is, in this case, criminal law! It is surely a Police matter and noone needs to sue anyone.

MARG Post 353 Yes charge them, and let's have a conviction this time, perhaps the police will have better luck than the RSPCA

I think that the theft will be dealt with within the Army, however, I would dearly love to see all the media that handled it charged with "Receiving Stolen Property". ----- ------ The content of what was or is stolen is immaterial. Theft is theft, and the law is, in this case, criminal law! It is surely a Police matter and noone needs to sue anyone.
At the moment, the theft of the material is being investigated by the Military Police and only if they find enough evidence will it be passed to the ordinary police force. We will then have the NotW editor screaming that he cannot be forced to disclose his source. I would imagine the RMP's are already checking the bank accounts of anyone associated with Harry and his friend, whether it will lead to the prosecution of the culprit is a remote possibility. IF he is a fellow officer, name, shame and dishonourably discharge him!
stick-2.gif

..... and so it rumbles on......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-disciplinary-interview-over-racist-slur.html

The official said: "We have been going to great lengths at trying to make inroads into the Asian community because we want them to join the armed forces. Now what will they think? The term 'Paki' is deeply abusive – it is not a term of endearment.
"Prince Harry has done untold damage and the impression I get is that he doesn't actually think he has done anything wrong.
Lets hope his impression is wrong.

From what I've gotten from all the other articles is Harry realizes what he did was wrong but he never meant to hurt anyone when he recorded it.

. . . . . . only if they find enough evidence will it be passed to the ordinary police force. We will then have the NotW editor screaming that he cannot be forced to disclose his source.
Would it really matter. They would still be "in receipt of stolen property". Nothing to do with sources, everything to do with it being a criminal act.:boxing:

Would it really matter. They would still be "in receipt of stolen property". Nothing to do with sources, everything to do with it being a criminal act.:boxing:

Is that criminal in and of itself? Doesn't it have to be knowing? (If it was sent anonymously, they couldn't know it was stolen.) And if it was transmitted electronically, I don't think it would fall under such laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom