The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

I'll bet his friends all had a good laugh. But if the tabs were to be believed, they are all gullible. More than likely, the tabs thought their readers too stupid to tell the difference.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
It must be Prince Harry's joke.
Probably not, if you just use water, the natural oils clean it, shampoo strips it of it's natural oils and so it produces more in order to 'survive'.

Ditching shampoo a dirty little beauty secret - Skin and beauty- msnbc.com

Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps Prince Harry is trying this to see if he can stop becoming bald like his brother.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Baldness seems to be hereditary, so probably not!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Has this been posted yet? Didn't know where to post it.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Harry lands in Wills’ love-nest
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
In Harry's news thread.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Heir Apparent

ah thank you, I didn't see it there oh well guess it won't hurt having it here as well
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Royal Highness

I had debate where to post the link myself. It wasn't news anyway. Daily Mail had mention the living arrangement months ago. Think the Daily Star writing just recycled to fill their pages.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh for sure and I remember The Sun talking about their living arrangements when William first started his training, but the part about Kate supposedly moving out is new although I don't believe it somehow, I imagine they have enough space to room all three of them.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry was due to join his brother at RAF Shawbury today.

Prince Harry at RAF Shawbury : Shropshire Star:
Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Royal Highness

Harry hailed as top cadet
Prince Harry hailed as top cadet | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn´t have expected anything less....

The comments are interesting once again too.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lets recap -
Quote:
Earlier reports had suggested that the Prince was an "instinctive pilot" but had trouble remembering checks and procedures and was rated "average" overall. He also failed a maths exam in his first week,
Prince Harry wins top award at end of first phase of helicopter training - Telegraph
He was also sent on an equality and diversity course. The joker in the pack gets this trophy!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

On reading the various articles about this I am under the impression that this isn't an award to the 'best' pilot but to the one you would most want to have on your team - the fighter/scapper among the cadets.

In sporting palance - the one who does the hard yards and you can rely on to do the grunt work without being the showpony who gets the accolades and name in the papers for the best performance but the one who supports that person.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Nobility

I think it is the award for the man you want on your side when all hell breaks loose who wont let you down.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Majesty

I can believe this about Harry for some reason. I think that he'd be quite a fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
I think it is the award for the man you want on your side when all hell breaks loose who wont let you down.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
On reading the various articles about this I am under the impression that this isn't an award to the 'best' pilot but to the one you would most want to have on your team - the fighter/scapper among the cadets.

In sporting palance - the one who does the hard yards and you can rely on to do the grunt work without being the showpony who gets the accolades and name in the papers for the best performance but the one who supports that person.
In Harry's defense, in my experience, the people who have the best 'book' knowledge aren't always the ones you want at your back in the real world since the book and real life are two wildly different situations.

Anyway, the comments are interesting. It only brings home the point that if Harry does nothing, people will sit and complain. If he doesn't do well at something the same people will complain that even if he is doing something he isn't trying hard enough. If he DOES do well at something however and overcomes any potential troubles he might have had they are simply 'handing' the grade to him to please the royalty.

I feel sorry for poor Harry since in this situation he really can't win with some people- they aren't going to be happy no matter WHAT he does.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
In Harry's defense, in my experience, the people who have the best 'book' knowledge aren't always the ones you want at your back in the real world since the book and real life are two wildly different situations.
I can see your point, but he is going to be a pilot........I am fine with him
getting all the accolades possible (and believe me he will) but I am not sure that I would want to fly with him.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 AM

good for harry. he may not be the brightest in the box academically, but he does very well as an action man.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I can see your point, but he is going to be a pilot........I am fine with him
getting all the accolades possible (and believe me he will) but I am not sure that I would want to fly with him.

May I ask why you wouldn't want to fly with him?

Those who are serving with him have voted him the one they would most want with him so I wonder why you wouldn't want to?

I am not suggesting that you are wrong to have that opinion just wondering what the basis is for your attitude on this issue.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry, scandal, video