The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Serene Highness

^thank you.
It was before he started his current training though so it cannot be considered a dent on his helicopter training.

I think it is already accepted that since they are Royals they will be granted special short leaves (a day or more) to perform Royal duties (which is what this trip will be for the most part). These special leaves are only an issue when they allow the princes to go on holidays while the rest of their comrades are working (like William's lastest ski trip).
I can't see the problem then, and I don't think a week away will make any difference in training: he'll just have to stay and train during a week-end or two instead of going home to make up for the lost hours.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps he will stay in at weekends, it wouldn´t hurt him.
If he does have to have special time off for royal duties perhaps he shouldn´t have taken up this course in the first place.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
It was before he started his current training though so it cannot be considered a dent on his helicopter training.
That all Army Officers could just take 'special leave', as and when it suited them!
Quote:
I think it is already accepted that since they are Royals they will be granted special short leaves (a day or more) to perform Royal duties (which is what this trip will be for the most part).
What happened to the 'normal' bloke?
Quote:
he'll just have to stay and train during a week-end or two instead of going home to make up for the lost hours.
I wonder how the instructors will feel when they are denied weekend leave to help him catch up!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
That all Army Officers could just take 'special leave', as and when it suited them!
Uh?
Are all army officers Royals needing to perform official duties?
What is your point?
Quote:
What happened to the 'normal' bloke?
They are not normal. If you are suggesting I think they should be treated like normal people I don't and I have been very vocal about it.
Quote:
I wonder how the instructors will feel when they are denied weekend leave to help him catch up!
The Prince would most definitely not be the only ones needing extra tuition. There is nothing shocking about that, it's routine.
The instructors don't have a choice, that's their job and I would bet they love it.
Anyway, one of the cost of training Royals is you have to be flexible. It was the same when they were in Sandhurst.
If they don't perform any Royal duties they will be called lazy (they already are).

Old 04-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Are all army officers Royals needing to perform official duties?
Do we need Harry to receive special leave to go off to raise money for his failing charity - no. Do we need Harry to take time off from the job he is paid for to do 'royal duties' - no.
Quote:
What is your point?
Harry wants to be treated as 'one of the boys' apparently, but also wants to be treated as a royal when it suits him. He can go out drinking, attack photographers, fall about drunk, attend raves like any 'normal' young person. When it comes to a normal training routine, forget it.
Quote:
The Prince would most definitely not be the only ones needing extra tuition. There is nothing shocking about that, it's routine.
The instructors don't have a choice, that's their job and I would bet they love it.
And you know he won't be the only one, how? Or is that just guesswork? No, it would appear the instructors won't get a choice, whether they will 'love' it, is unlikely, most of them have families they would love to have the chance to spend time with, rather than spend their weekends giving extra tuition to someone who appears to be playing at becoming legitimately qualified!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Do we need Harry to receive special leave to go off to raise money for his failing charity - no.
From one cynic to another: you always manage to outclass me in sheer negativity.
Quote:
Do we need Harry to take time off from the job he is paid for to do 'royal duties' - no.
Your opinion.
Many people (I would assume the majority of tax payers) would also like to see him do Royal duties, which also happens to be a job he is paid for, if indirectly (as the tax payers pay for both his security and his secretariat).
As long as the Royal duties don't prevent him to complete his training (and I can't see how the trip could), I can't see the problem.
I also fail to see why royal duties was put between inverted comas. Do they only count when the occur in the UK?
Quote:
Harry wants to be treated as 'one of the boys' apparently, but also wants to be treated as a royal when it suits him. He can go out drinking, attack photographers, fall about drunk, attend raves like any 'normal' young person. When it comes to a normal training routine, forget it.
Whether it suits him or not is beside the point. He is royal and the sooner he ends this 'I want to be normal' charade the better for everyone.
I am always the first the criticize the boys when I feel they are abusing their privileges but I am dumbfounded at having to defend Harry for doing royal duties.
Quote:
And you know he won't be the only one, how? Or is that just guesswork?
Have you ever followed any kind of pilot training?
I have.
The basic schedule is never totally respected, it's impossible for the simple reason that instructors cannot control the weather, the flu epidemics, the other health troubles, the mechanical failures, the rate of progress of every students, etc.
There is always extra-tuition and re-scheduling.
No guess-work, just experience and logic.

Either way, you are just as bone-headed as I am so I am done with that discussion who is bound to go nowhere as usual.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Have you followed any kind of pilot training?
Lets see, does being the former wife of a pilot or the mother of pilots count. How about living on base for a number of years?
Quote:
I have.
Then you should know how absolutely infuriating it is for the instructors, when one on their trainees is absent and the lesson has to be repeated.
Quote:
The basic schedule is never totally respected, it's impossible for the simple reason that instructors cannot control the weather, the flu epidemics, the other health troubles, the mechanical failures, the rate of progress of every students, etc.
There is always extra-tuition and re-scheduling.
No guess-work, just experience and logic.
I'm not sure what base you received tuition from, but if the weather precludes flight (and that is so rare, after all what are they going to do if it rains when on duty), there are always other things to learn.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

More information of the visit: apparently the Polo match (The Veuve Clicquot Manhattan Polo Classic) will take place on the 30th of may on Governor's Island.

Prince Harry To Make His First Official Visit To The U.S.

Quote:
Although the full itinerary is yet to be decided, it is thought Harry will visit several charity projects in the area as well as Ground Zero, where he will pay his respects to those who lost their lives in the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:38 AM
Royal Highness

Polo match on agenda for Prince Harry's first official US visit
Polo match on agenda for Prince Harry's first official US visit
Old 04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Was this reported????

Daniel Craig Says Prince Harry Would Be The Perfect Man To Play James Bond
Old 04-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Was this reported????
I don't know, Harry doesn't seem to be very tactful reading the article, does he!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh Harry haha well least Daniel Craig didn't seem to be offended.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE Henry Charles Albert David is known to the world as Prince Harry. Younger son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, he's third in the line of succession to the British throne - Even without checking the Royal Forum fact sheet

Seares: A dubious Prince Harry | Sun.Star Network Online

The third in line to the throne apparently revealed his secret during a trip to the pub with friends from the Army.

Prince Harry 'has not washed his hair in two years' - Telegraph
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Gentry

The report that Prince Harry was in the Philippines caused a huge stir over there. The village was deluged with hundreds of the curious wanting to see a glimpse of the royal. It was probably good for the local economy, but it was definitely not Prince Harry. A summary and video of the reports at my blog post:
Rumors of Prince Harry in Cebu cause a stir

Anyhow, where is the real Prince Harry these days? Immersed in training, I guess?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
More information of the visit: apparently the Polo match (The Veuve Clicquot Manhattan Polo Classic) will take place on the 30th of may on Governor's Island.

Prince Harry To Make His First Official Visit To The U.S.

I don't know if this is true but, I live an hour train ride from NYC, I will be stalking the streets of Manhattan lol
Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

This is not new news, can't find the original story a few months ago about Harry sharing accomodations with William at Shawbury...

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Harry lands in Wills’ love-nest
Old 05-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

[

Just as an addition to the above. When Prince Harry was born it was announced that he would be Christened Henry but that Harry was the old pronunciation of this name and so the newspapers have just made it Harry so that people won´t be confused as to how it is supposed to be pronounced.
A bit like the real pronunciation of Ralph if you want it pronounced properly you had better write it phonetically.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Your right he was christened Prince Henry Charles Albert David but is known as Prince Harry.
X
Old 05-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Dirty Hairy
Dirty Hairy | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 05-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
It must be Prince Harry's joke.

Closed Thread

Tags