Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:08 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Harry
Princes William and Harry use rude map of Britain | The Sun |News|Royals

Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry seems intent on single-handedly restoring all-night raves to fashionability.

The third in line to the throne was stomping his high-pedigree feet at an all-night shindig last week, in a run-down warehouse in achingly trendy Whitechapel in London's East End

East end knees-up for Harry and Astrid | Mail Online

I am beginning to wonder why the 'no drinking' whilst training doesn't seem to apply to Harry, no wonder he requires the extra tuition.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

East end knees-up for Harry and Astrid | Mail Online

I am beginning to wonder why the 'no drinking' whilst training doesn't seem to apply to Harry, no wonder he requires the extra tuition.
First off, you don't go to a rave to get drunk, that what clubs are for. Raves are endurance exercises and alcohol make you feel tired so ravers mostly stick to water (and ecstasy, truth be told).

If this indeed happened, it most likely happened on the week-end, and I can't see the problem with him partying on his down time.
As long as he doesn't drink in excess, the alcohol in his body will have been expelled though urine and sweat by the time he is back in the cockpit (I know trace amount of alcohol can stay in the body longer than that, but not enough of it to be of any impact on performances).

His learning troubles are most likely to be put down to his very well documented problems with academia, not to his w-e partying.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

One more article from Hello
Prince Harry attends East End rave with Kate Middleton's pal Astrid
Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
First off, you don't go to a rave to get drunk, that what clubs are for. Raves are endurance exercises and alcohol make you feel tired so ravers mostly stick to water (and ecstasy, truth be told).
Thank you, I can't say I have a great deal of knowledge regarding raves, never having felt the desire to attend one! I do remember the case of Leah Betts who died from drinking too much water after taking Ecstasy.
Quote:
If this indeed happened, it most likely happened on the week-end, and I can't see the problem with him partying on his down time.
As long as he doesn't drink in excess, the alcohol in his body will have been expelled though urine and sweat by the time he is back in the cockpit (I know trace amount of alcohol can stay in the body longer than that, but not enough of it to be of any impact on performances).

His learning troubles are most likely to be put down to his very well documented problems with academia, not to his w-e partying.
We will have to disagree on the residual amounts of alcohol affecting the responses and judgment of anyone, let alone a pilot. If he seriously expects to pass his exams on his own merit and be put into combat, the best time to stop drinking is now. Heavens help us if he is suddenly called for combat duty the morning after another drinking session!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

He would probably have to have a chauffeur to drive him to the airfield........as police breathalyzers are quite sensitive, but once at his aircraft his chauffeur would have to say he was on his own.
Perhaps raves aren´t about drink but his friend said she couldn´t go home as she
couldn´t stand up she was so drunk but perhaps Harry abstained!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

^the quote about being too drunk refers to another night out, this one at a night club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you, I can't say I have a great deal of knowledge regarding raves, never having felt the desire to attend one!
I can imagine!
It can be nice if you don't mind eardrum breaking electronic music and people being overtly nice and friendly to you (when the X after effect kicks in)...
Quote:
I do remember the case of Leah Betts who died from drinking too much water after taking Ecstasy.
Case in point really.
Quote:
We will have to disagree on the residual amounts of alcohol affecting the responses and judgment of anyone, let alone a pilot. If he seriously expects to pass his exams on his own merit and be put into combat, the best time to stop drinking is now.
Timeline and amount are everything.
So far we've only had reports of him partying on Friday nights. There is no way he would still have more than trace amount of alcohol in his blood stream on Monday mornings when training resumes unless he's been alcohol poisoning himself.
In my PPL course, the maximum time I was taught should elapse between drinking and flying was 24h, and that's in the case you've drunk enough to get yourself an hangover.
Usually, 8h is enough.
Quote:
Heavens help us if he is suddenly called for combat duty the morning after another drinking session!
There is no way an instructor would let him on a plane with dangerous amount of alcohol in his bloodstream. Prince or no Prince, it's a matter of life and death. So don't worry about that.
I don't really know where this comes from anyway as there hasn't been any indication so far that he's been irresponsible enough to party the night before a flight.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know that the reference was to another night out but it shows that usually the people in his party are drinking heavily.
I wonder too if Prince Harry is let off the base every weekend and only starts training again on Monday, Sky would know more about that than I do.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I know that the reference was to another night out but it shows that usually the people in his party are drinking heavily.
Ah OK. But the point I was trying to make is that people don't behave the same way in clubs and raves. Ultimately it's a bit irrelevant though, as long as enough time elopes between partying and training.
Quote:
I wonder too if Prince Harry is let off the base every weekend and only starts training again on Monday.
He is and so is William. Most week-end at least.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Even as trainees they are on a rota, especially Harry, who is I understand receiving extra tuition. Both will still have other duties to attend to.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

^I am sorry, what is a rota Skydragon?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
^I am sorry, what is a rota Skydragon?
A scheduele, a list of the people on camp, and they take it in turns to go off camp. So Harry or William may go off one week and then not be allowed off until everybody else has been off.
I believe?
Correct me if i'm wrong.
x
Old 04-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

2 chiefly British a: a fixed order of rotation (as of persons or duties) b: a roll or list of persons : roster

rota - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
A scheduele, a list of the people on camp, and they take it in turns to go off camp. So Harry or William may go off one week and then not be allowed off until everybody else has been off.
I believe?
Correct me if i'm wrong.
x
Precisely!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

^thank you both.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Their behavior probably isn't any worse than that of their peers. I used to live in a town with an air base, and the pilots were notorious partiers, drinkers and womanizers. Wills and Harry just have the added "benefit" of all the paparazzi following them.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Their behavior probably isn't any worse than that of their peers. I used to live in a town with an air base, and the pilots were notorious partiers, drinkers and womanizers. Wills and Harry just have the added "benefit" of all the paparazzi following them.
Don´t forget that Harry is still training and has had to have extra time to enable him to pass.

My husband was unlucky enough to be on a 7 officer roster.....he got Monday every week for months but his friend got every Saturday so it wasn´t that bad, the Saturday man was always asking someone to change with him......lol. He had to wait for another officer to be assigned....
Old 04-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Perhaps it is different in the US. I have spent quite a lot of time around various airbases, staying with friends and family and have seen very few incidents of pilots drinking/womanizing/partying. That tends to be the unmarried non comms or when the new intake pass out. There have been one or two instances but rare enough that I remember them clearly!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Royal Highness

Harry step closer to flying 'wings'
The Press Association: Harry step closer to flying 'wings'
Prince Harry is about to complete his first training hurdle on his way to earning his flying "wings", St James' Palace has said.

Prince Harry to complete training hurdle in earning helicopter 'wings'
Prince Harry to complete training hurdle in earning helicopter 'wings' - Telegraph
Old 04-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry and the Gladiator: Prince is spotted with glamorous TV presenter | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Sisters.html
Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thank you queeofthelight for these articles. I especially like the "Illegal Rave"
x

Tags
prince harry, scandal, video