The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Nobility

he has surprisingly surpassed his older brother in looks and charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh how I wish the media would get over this passion for using "Top Gun" to describe Harry when writing about Flight Training. Not for the obvious reason, that he hasn't even passed the very basics, which is not so good, but because every time they use the term I think "Tom Cruise" and that is really creepy. In fact that whole deal weirds me right out!
He actually passed the necessary tests to continue his training

JUMP TO IT! - CL

Quote:
Prince Harry, who served in Afghanistan with the Blues and Royals last year, passed a key part of his training with the Devils, and hopes to become a qualified skydiver.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Royal Highness

Heir Force one
Rookie pilot Harry flies solo for first time | The Sun |News|Royals

Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah View Post
He actually passed the necessary tests to continue his training
Not to split hairs, but I meant completing his basic flying training! So called '"Top Guns" be they flying Fighters or Apache Helicopters, are exceeding well trained and highly qualified.

Think of Harry's first solo flight as the first time you solo drove a car. . . . . Definitely not a qualified driver! No more is Harry a qualified pilot! He has yet to his complete his basic flying training.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Well done to him :)
I would never be able to do that no matter how much training I recieved. :)
x
Old 04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hear Hear ! good luck to him
Old 04-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Commoner

more photos @ newcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Old 04-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The comeback cad: Why is James Hewitt STILL dropping tantalising hints about Prince Harry's paternity? | Mail Online
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Majesty

Does anyone remember the old song "Cabdriver, once more round the block"?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yeah I read that article, he may talk about this insinuation, but it's the press who keep bringing it to our attention.
x
Old 04-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

But in the article Hewitt doesn't talk about Harry, nor does the reporter ask him.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Harry Continues His Training At RAF Barkston
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 04-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Majesty

I wonder if the article was "tidied up" when it was updated. There was a clear reference to Harry by the reporter when I first read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
But in the article Hewitt doesn't talk about Harry, nor does the reporter ask him.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

There is a reference to the paternity issue:

Children, of course, brings us onto that enduring rumour about the parentage of Prince Harry. Hewitt has in turn robustly denied it - pointing out that the 24-year-old's Hewitt-alike reddish locks are clearly inherited from Diana's side of the family, the Spencers, who also have vibrant red locks in their genes.

Four years ago, he was hypnotised for a television programme in which he 'revealed' that his affair with Diana had begun earlier than he had previously stated, commencing in 1982, not 1986 - before the birth of Prince Harry.

Recently, he seems to have adopted a deliberately ambivalent approach to the question, with comments such as: 'I can answer most things, but when it's so close to you and it's also so far from you. . . so I don't know how much there is in that.'

Note that the reporter doesn't raise the Harry issue with Hewitt, nor does Hewitt mention it himself. The last paragraph is deliberately vague: it doesn't state when "recently" is and it doesn't give the direct context of the Hewitt quote.

The headline "Why is James Hewitt STILL dropping tantalising hints..." has no connection to anything that Hewitt has said to the reporter. Hewitt may well be dropping "tantalising hints" elsewhere, but not here.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Majesty

But this is the thing that bothers me: he's so ambivalent about it. If he were Harry's biological father, I don't doubt that he'd come out with something less ambivalent. He's not exactly what a person would call "discrete." So why not deny it outright? Why drop "tantalising hints" anywhere? It shows a lack of respect for Harry, if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
There is a reference to the paternity issue:

Children, of course, brings us onto that enduring rumour about the parentage of Prince Harry. Hewitt has in turn robustly denied it - pointing out that the 24-year-old's Hewitt-alike reddish locks are clearly inherited from Diana's side of the family, the Spencers, who also have vibrant red locks in their genes.

Four years ago, he was hypnotised for a television programme in which he 'revealed' that his affair with Diana had begun earlier than he had previously stated, commencing in 1982, not 1986 - before the birth of Prince Harry.

Recently, he seems to have adopted a deliberately ambivalent approach to the question, with comments such as: 'I can answer most things, but when it's so close to you and it's also so far from you. . . so I don't know how much there is in that.'
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
But this is the thing that bothers me: he's so ambivalent about it. If he were Harry's biological father, I don't doubt that he'd come out with something less ambivalent. He's not exactly what a person would call "discrete."
I totally agree. I think this man leaves just enough ambiguity to keep his own publicity alive, but stops short of making any definite claims about Harry's paternity because he has no interest in taking any responsibility for/interest in Harry's wellbeing. I don't like James Hewitt at all. But, I have a feeling that even a fairly self-centred man, if he thought there was a strong possibility he'd fathered a child (with a woman he claimed to care about!), wouldn't just drop "tantalizing hints" (although from the article I think it was the media, rather than Hewitt, who was hinting at anything at all). But a man who thought he might have fathered a child would either deny the claims completely if he didn't want to take responsibility for the situation, or he'd pursue the issue and demonstrate some actual interest in the child. I doubt anyone who is really convinced they've parented a child would be that ambivalent.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE Harry was looking perky as he hooked up again with Natalie Pinkham, the stunner who once left his ex Chelsy Davy fuming

Prince Harry parties with Natalie Pinkham | Prince Harry parties parties with beauty who left Chelsy kissed off | News | News Of The World
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
PRINCE Harry was looking perky as he hooked up again with Natalie Pinkham, the stunner who once left his ex Chelsy Davy fuming

Prince Harry parties with Natalie Pinkham | Prince Harry parties parties with beauty who left Chelsy kissed off | News | News Of The World
Well well then. Isn't Natalie the one that was on Stricly come Dancing or Ice dancing or something?
x
Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Is she the same girl that Harry was pictured fondling at a club or a party? I remember there was much denial of any relationship made at the time that Harry's name was linked with her before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Well well then. Isn't Natalie the one that was on Stricly come Dancing or Ice dancing or something?
x
Old 04-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Is she the same girl that Harry was pictured fondling at a club or a party? I remember there was much denial of any relationship made at the time that Harry's name was linked with her before.
Yes, she is the one!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

i really hope Harry will find a girl who is respectful to herself. he seems to be attracted to the wild girls who seem to love attention more than they love themselves

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry, scandal, video