The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Oh dear 2009 has not gotten off to a good start for poor Harry. Although wasn’t it said all along that the theory was going to be the hard part for him? Hopefully the extra tutoring will help.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

he will pass anyway because he's prince harry and it doesn't really matter how it is being justified, with extra tutoring or other explanations . on the day he joined it was clear he would pass anything unless he decides to quit (similar to edward - he might have had the brain but not the physical strength, with harry it's the other way around) but i don't see this happen.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

In the same way IMO, he was accepted for the course in the first place. Army instructors are wonderful though and with their help (poor soul, ) any who struggled will improve. The problem I can see, is what else could he possibly do, become an instructor himself perhaps, but I can just see the headlines, when a disgruntled ex trainee complains.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I thought the swastika debacle occured in January 2005 and therefor well before he went to Sandhurst in May 2005. It is now February 2009. Well past time to forgive and move on on this subject.
Are you implying that Prince Charles was an unfit father both then and now?
You mean it was stupid to allow someone to steal private information and sell it to the highest bidder who managed to create a faux racist storm? Or, actually speaking to the "Comedian" who, having boosted his public profile by saying that Harry said something "Racial" about him, and is now frantically backpedalling having scored an own goal?
It does not matter. At the time, and even now, it is with great offense brought on to his grandmother, to being a prince of the Blood Royal, to do that. There is no excuse for anyone, actually.

I did not use the word unfit. Please DO NOT put words in my mouth. I simply said he had other things he was attending to.

He is a royal prince, in the public eye. And yes, we have seen royals make mistakes, make public mistakes and offenses as well, but, we are living in an era where we do not hold this generation accountable for their actions because it seems chic and fashionable to sweep bad behavior under the rug. Actions have consequences.

Prince Harry does many good things, his charity Sentebal, his desire to truly help those less fortunate. His desire to bring out the best of both his parents in himself.

We can only hope that he continues to learn and build on past errors and make sure he realizes that any misteps he takes will always be plastered on every news outlet there is.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry flies high after failing his pilot's theory test | Mail Online
Old 02-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry Prince Harry learning to fly a Slingsby Firefly plane at RAF Barkston, Lincs, Britain - 16 Feb 2009.
Gallery from IBL

Gallery from Getty

Gallery from Purepeople
http://www.purepeople.com/article/at...otage_a25257/1
Old 02-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

When Harry met Natalie Imbruglia: Prince sends texts to his new best friend

When Harry met Natalie Imbruglia: Prince sends texts to his new best friend | Mail Online
Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Gentry

Princes pay tribute to bushfire victims | The Age
Old 02-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Majesty

This is a kind gesture by the Princes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Editrix View Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Gentry

Yes it is! :)
Old 02-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Nobility

I'm glad to see the Princes paying tribute to the victims!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Princes William and Harry signed the official book of condolence for the victims of the Australian wildfires. London, 24-02-2009

Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf
Old 02-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Courtier

Pilot Harry crashes – at his brother William's bachelor pad | Mail Online
Old 02-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post

When Harry met Natalie Imbruglia: Prince sends texts to his new best friend | Mail Online
I thought he reconnected with Natalie Pinkham after his breakup with Chelsy.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post

Natalie Imbruglia is in Australia at the moment promoting her new film. She said that the texting each other was 'totally made up'. Harry was at her birthday party and they met for 'about 2 seconds'
So much for journalistic truth!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Majesty

I watched an interview with a British tabloid journalist once, and he said that the UK tabs don't require their journalists to confirm stories before they're printed. Apparently other tabloids--such as the US ones--require a confirmation of some kind. That's why I take so many UK-based stories with a huge grain of salt--like the size of the block of salt that cows lick. Sometimes the tabloids are spot-on, but often they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Natalie Imbruglia is in Australia at the moment promoting her new film. She said that the texting each other was 'totally made up'. Harry was at her birthday party and they met for 'about 2 seconds'
So much for journalistic truth!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hmm i just read about that.
Fun times all around then :)
x
Old 03-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Gentry

This should probably go in the Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy current events thread, but that thread is locked now. . .

Chelsy tries to woo Harry back with pub crawl invite | The Age
Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Majesty

I hope that this is one of those 'grain of salt' stories. Those two spent too much of their time together drinking as it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Editrix View Post
This should probably go in the Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy current events thread, but that thread is locked now. . .

Chelsy tries to woo Harry back with pub crawl invite | The Age
Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I hope that this is one of those 'grain of salt' stories. Those two spent too much of their time together drinking as it was.
LOL, I'm with you there!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry, scandal, video