The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
but what is the alternative? there needs to be some sort of reaction from the army. what kind of message would be sent out if using this kind of language by a member of the armed forces on duty (the fact that we are talking about a member of the royal family only makes it worse) was being tolerated and left without consequences?
Oh please, I hope I am not punished for something I said, in jest, 3 years ago! Don't you think the public humiliation and taunts of racist, (when he clearly IMO isn't) are enough? Does anyone really think forcing someone to sit through tea and biscuits has any effect anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
More hangings, floggings and burnings at the stake should correct this deviant behaviour.

What? That's not very nice and definitely not politically correct? Damned right!
I am for once speechless, I couldn't have put it better myself!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Oh please, I hope I am not punished for something I said, in jest, 3 years ago! Don't you think the public humiliation and taunts of racist, (when he clearly IMO isn't) are enough? Does anyone really think forcing someone to sit through tea and biscuits has any effect anyway?
do you represent a country or the armed forces in public? i am not saying harry is racist but as clarence house the army needs to officially respond to what happened, and they did.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
do you represent a country or the armed forces in public? i am not saying harry is racist but as clarence house the army needs to officially respond to what happened, and they did.
Represent the armed forces, that is not a tag anyone would give Harry! By punishing him, lambasting him the impression is being perpetuated that he is a racist.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
do you represent a country or the armed forces in public?
Ah . . . . . that would be Harry's father, uncles, aunt and grandparents. He is just a Member at this time.
Quote:
. . . i am not saying harry is racist but . . . .
Somehow there is always a 'but' in there . . . .
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

Hopefully, the class and being in the news three times with make Prince Harry think before doing anything so controversial. He needs to think of what he is doing before he acts. He is a junior representative to the BRF.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Represent the armed forces, that is not a tag anyone would give Harry!
oh really? fact is that harry was with his unit, even wearing his uniform when he did make a racist remark - maybe because out of carelessness, what i believe, but maybe not. and by the way, what would be person who was being called a racist name think in case harry just got away with his remark because everybody knows anyway he didn't mean it in a racist way? and what could all other members of the army of the same ethnic origin expect in the future when being addressed in that way? just to say 'good old harry didn't mean it' is bound to provide a blank approval for others to act in a similar way but who are not only careless but driven by other motivations.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Claire View Post
I think Harry doesn't think before he speaks and I dare say that an equality and diversity course will not help.
You are absolutely right. Prince Henri should just think before he utters a word/sentence. Right Skydragon is noting that that the equality training may be viewed as waste of taxpayers funds.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
oh really?
Yes really!

Amos said Prince Harry's comments, which came at Prince Charles's 60th birthday concert last year, were "taken out of context", adding: "I do not believe Prince Harry was racist to me.

Stephen K Amos appeals for calm in Prince Harry race row - Telegraph
Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

^How gentlemanly of Mr Stamos, after throwing Harry to the wolves, to try and nuance his own remarks.
From the transcript of his television interview, it's pretty clear he knew exactly what he was saying/doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Would all these scandals be happening if he did?
Whether those incidents can be called scandals is a matter of opinion. Some people think they reflect bigotry other (much wider crowd, from what I have heard/read), think they are are non-stories.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry, I still say this comedian is just doing schtick and the incident never happened.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I have found an article about prince Harry's friend.
Wills and Harry's friend who runs club with zero tolerance drugs rule is busted... for cocaine | Mail Online
Old 02-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Yes really!

Amos said Prince Harry's comments, which came at Prince Charles's 60th birthday concert last year, were "taken out of context", adding: "I do not believe Prince Harry was racist to me.

Stephen K Amos appeals for calm in Prince Harry race row - Telegraph
my earlier comment was referring to the p*aki incident when harry clearly was representing the army, as i said he was wearing a uniform and with his unit at the time. the amos incident is a private incident as far as a conversation a third-in-line to the throne has with a member of the public can be considered "private".
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
my earlier comment was referring to the p*ki incident when harry clearly was representing the army, as i said he was wearing a uniform and with his unit at the time.
Even the earlier incident should have been considered private.

When you spoke of Harry representing the army, I understood you to be suggesting that Harry was held up as a representative of the Army, by fellow soldiers and the public in general, my mistake.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
When you spoke of Harry representing the army, I understood you to be suggesting that Harry was held up as a representative of the Army, by fellow soldiers and the public in general, my mistake.
no, no i didn't mean that. guess we misunderstood each other, thanks for clarifying skydragon
Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Royal Highness

I can understand that in today's world it is more difficult for a royal prince to walk the royal like 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, etc. BUT, that still, in many ways, does NOT excuse the behavior of this young man. While we can say just to simply chalk it up to youth and being naive, whether William and Harry like it or not, they are Royal Princes, they are in the public eye, they were given expensive and from what I can see some of the best educations from some of the best schools in England. They were born into this, raised in it, etc. They should both know that no matter what they do, from urinating publicly and having your pictures taken like William, to even stupidly wearing a swastika to a party, that their behavior reflects their family and their grandmother.

There is NO excuse for Harry to have worn that swastika,because unless your head is in the sand, everyone knows what it is attached to in meaning and symbol.

I am sorry, but Prince Charles had other things to attend to than raise his sons after their mother died...in many ways.

It is getting tiring to watch a 24 year-old continually make an idiot out of himself. Not to be really offensive, but he just does not seem to have much in intelligence and common sense.

I truly would have thought the army would have kicked it ALL right out of him.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
IThere is NO excuse for Harry to have worn that swastika,because unless your head is in the sand, everyone knows what it is attached to in meaning and symbol.
I thought the swastika debacle occured in January 2005 and therefor well before he went to Sandhurst in May 2005. It is now February 2009. Well past time to forgive and move on on this subject.
Quote:
I am sorry, but Prince Charles had other things to attend to than raise his sons after their mother died...in many ways.
Are you implying that Prince Charles was an unfit father both then and now?
Quote:
It is getting tiring to watch a 24 year-old continually make an idiot out of himself. Not to be really offensive, but he just does not seem to have much in intelligence and common sense.
You mean it was stupid to allow someone to steal private information and sell it to the highest bidder who managed to create a faux racist storm? Or, actually speaking to the "Comedian" who, having boosted his public profile by saying that Harry said something "Racial" about him, and is now frantically backpedalling having scored an own goal?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry fails his flying exam | News | News Of The World
Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Majesty

The News of the World is obviously now in the business of "Making the News" as opposed to it's stated purpose of "Reporting the News".

If it is indeed true that he has failed this first hurdle they may cut him a little slack bearing in mind the amount of "(Self) Righteous Fury" pouring down on him for things done (or purported to have been done) years, months and weeks ago. It's not as if anyone remotely fair minded can say that he has had a fair crack of the whip.

If he has learnt anything at all these last few years it is that he has a snowball's show in hell of being treated just like everybody else. For all Diana's attempts to instill the "ordinary" into both her sons and her own lives, ultimately both she and they have found it was nothing more than a figment of their own imaginations.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
What they fail to make clear, is that Harry along with others will receive the extra tuition!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ah, that makes a big difference.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry, scandal, video