Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry seems intent on single-handedly restoring all-night raves to fashionability.

The third in line to the throne was stomping his high-pedigree feet at an all-night shindig last week, in a run-down warehouse in achingly trendy Whitechapel in London's East End

East end knees-up for Harry and Astrid | Mail Online

I am beginning to wonder why the 'no drinking' whilst training doesn't seem to apply to Harry, no wonder he requires the extra tuition.:nonono:

East end knees-up for Harry and Astrid | Mail Online

I am beginning to wonder why the 'no drinking' whilst training doesn't seem to apply to Harry, no wonder he requires the extra tuition.:nonono:

First off, you don't go to a rave to get drunk, that what clubs are for. Raves are endurance exercises and alcohol make you feel tired so ravers mostly stick to water (and ecstasy, truth be told).

If this indeed happened, it most likely happened on the week-end, and I can't see the problem with him partying on his down time.
As long as he doesn't drink in excess, the alcohol in his body will have been expelled though urine and sweat by the time he is back in the cockpit (I know trace amount of alcohol can stay in the body longer than that, but not enough of it to be of any impact on performances).

His learning troubles are most likely to be put down to his very well documented problems with academia, not to his w-e partying.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, you don't go to a rave to get drunk, that what clubs are for. Raves are endurance exercises and alcohol make you feel tired so ravers mostly stick to water (and ecstasy, truth be told).
Thank you, I can't say I have a great deal of knowledge regarding raves, never having felt the desire to attend one!:D I do remember the case of Leah Betts who died from drinking too much water after taking Ecstasy.
If this indeed happened, it most likely happened on the week-end, and I can't see the problem with him partying on his down time.
As long as he doesn't drink in excess, the alcohol in his body will have been expelled though urine and sweat by the time he is back in the cockpit (I know trace amount of alcohol can stay in the body longer than that, but not enough of it to be of any impact on performances).

His learning troubles are most likely to be put down to his very well documented problems with academia, not to his w-e partying.:flowers:
We will have to disagree on the residual amounts of alcohol affecting the responses and judgment of anyone, let alone a pilot. If he seriously expects to pass his exams on his own merit and be put into combat, the best time to stop drinking is now. Heavens help us if he is suddenly called for combat duty the morning after another drinking session!:nonono:

He would probably have to have a chauffeur to drive him to the airfield........as police breathalyzers are quite sensitive, but once at his aircraft his chauffeur would have to say he was on his own.
Perhaps raves aren´t about drink but his friend said she couldn´t go home as she
couldn´t stand up she was so drunk but perhaps Harry abstained!!!

^the quote about being too drunk refers to another night out, this one at a night club.
Thank you, I can't say I have a great deal of knowledge regarding raves, never having felt the desire to attend one!:D
I can imagine!:lol:
It can be nice if you don't mind eardrum breaking electronic music and people being overtly nice and friendly to you (when the X after effect kicks in)...:whistling:
I do remember the case of Leah Betts who died from drinking too much water after taking Ecstasy.
Case in point really.
We will have to disagree on the residual amounts of alcohol affecting the responses and judgment of anyone, let alone a pilot. If he seriously expects to pass his exams on his own merit and be put into combat, the best time to stop drinking is now.
Timeline and amount are everything.
So far we've only had reports of him partying on Friday nights. There is no way he would still have more than trace amount of alcohol in his blood stream on Monday mornings when training resumes unless he's been alcohol poisoning himself.
In my PPL course, the maximum time I was taught should elapse between drinking and flying was 24h, and that's in the case you've drunk enough to get yourself an hangover.
Usually, 8h is enough.
Heavens help us if he is suddenly called for combat duty the morning after another drinking session!:nonono:
There is no way an instructor would let him on a plane with dangerous amount of alcohol in his bloodstream. Prince or no Prince, it's a matter of life and death. So don't worry about that.
I don't really know where this comes from anyway as there hasn't been any indication so far that he's been irresponsible enough to party the night before a flight.

I know that the reference was to another night out but it shows that usually the people in his party are drinking heavily.
I wonder too if Prince Harry is let off the base every weekend and only starts training again on Monday, Sky would know more about that than I do.

I know that the reference was to another night out but it shows that usually the people in his party are drinking heavily.
Ah OK. But the point I was trying to make is that people don't behave the same way in clubs and raves. Ultimately it's a bit irrelevant though, as long as enough time elopes between partying and training.
I wonder too if Prince Harry is let off the base every weekend and only starts training again on Monday.
He is and so is William. Most week-end at least.

:previous: Even as trainees they are on a rota, especially Harry, who is I understand receiving extra tuition. Both will still have other duties to attend to.:flowers:

^I am sorry, what is a rota Skydragon?

^I am sorry, what is a rota Skydragon?

A scheduele, a list of the people on camp, and they take it in turns to go off camp. So Harry or William may go off one week and then not be allowed off until everybody else has been off.
I believe?
Correct me if i'm wrong.
x

Their behavior probably isn't any worse than that of their peers. I used to live in a town with an air base, and the pilots were notorious partiers, drinkers and womanizers. Wills and Harry just have the added "benefit" of all the paparazzi following them.

Their behavior probably isn't any worse than that of their peers. I used to live in a town with an air base, and the pilots were notorious partiers, drinkers and womanizers. Wills and Harry just have the added "benefit" of all the paparazzi following them.

Don´t forget that Harry is still training and has had to have extra time to enable him to pass.

My husband was unlucky enough to be on a 7 officer roster.....he got Monday every week for months but his friend got every Saturday so it wasn´t that bad, the Saturday man was always asking someone to change with him......lol. He had to wait for another officer to be assigned....:whistling:

Perhaps it is different in the US. I have spent quite a lot of time around various airbases, staying with friends and family and have seen very few incidents of pilots drinking/womanizing/partying. That tends to be the unmarried non comms or when the new intake pass out. There have been one or two instances but rare enough that I remember them clearly!:D

Thank you queeofthelight for these articles. I especially like the "Illegal Rave"
x

:previous: Oh well, it wouldn't be Monday without another of Harry's romps in the Rags. :rolleyes:

What a weekend! At least one had a wonderful photo of the back of his head when leaving a flat, hot stuff indeed. :ohmy:

For the Rave there is nothing more than the suspiciously "serendipidous' discovery of a copy of the hottest "guestlist" in town. :whistling:

Raves have Guestlists? I wonder if they all RSVP'd? There you go, and they say the young "it crowd" have no social graces. I'm impressed! :lol: No suitably trashed photo's though! :D

Last edited:
It is nice to know that at least one trainee officer has every weekend off to party.

And that he is apparently happy to indulge in something illegal! Conduct unbecoming springs to mind. He seems to forget he is supposed to be setting a good example!

if the story is true, then the former protection officer has an excellent point...the people that are being protected do have some degree of responsibility for their own safety. and to say that the prince didn't know that this was event was illegal is very hard to believe. one of the reasons these raves are so popular is because their illegal. they've been going on for years.

This rave rant is really on a roll. I have one question though . . . . where are all the photos? OK, so maybe the journo's couldn't get in but the attendees were surely armed with state-of-the-art cellphones complete with high quality camera. So, where are all the tell-tale pix of Harry? At the rave? Off his face swigging booze? Blitzed on the ubiquitous ecstacy that has become a rallying point of shame in this case?

After all, Rave's don't have exclusive guest lists and bouncers on the doors. That being the case, it wouldn't be much of a Rave with the "Same Old Crowd" from Bijou's et al. So there must have been a lot more people there. People that would have been more than willing to make a quick buck or more.

The last time everyone got to righteously wound up was when Harry spent an obscene amount of money on booze at a glitzy Nightclub . . . . . questions were even asked in the House . . . . What's that you say, Harry wasn't even there and you have the proof? Damn!

Did any or all of this actually happen or, for lack of Harry's actual appearance, is this just finger wagging in general for the next time Harry "blows it".

I'm more curious how someone active in the protection squad from a decade ago can have such upto the minute access to the princes' private whereabouts.:ermm:

As to THE rave, one person's "rave" is another's idea of a party with LOTS of friends. I have never heard of a rave with a guest list, they are supposed to be word of mouth, or text (these days), mostly anonymous. If a guest list did exist, it was an invited party.

I'm more curious how someone active in the protection squad from a decade ago can have such upto the minute access to the princes' private whereabouts.:ermm:

As to THE rave, one person's "rave" is another's idea of a party with LOTS of friends. I have never heard of a rave with a guest list, they are supposed to be word of mouth, or text (these days), mostly anonymous. If a guest list did exist, it was an invited party.

There seems to have been a guest list and as Prince Harry went I am sure it was a restricted group. Prince Harry likes to enjoy himself but I am fairly sure he would know what kind of person was going to be there. Rave might be just a way of saying a wild party for a group of his friends.
Security officers look out for the safety of their charges they do not interfere with what they are doing, they are not their moral guardians, they just do their best to protect them from being harmed.

:previous: No it is the same here, although I believe the high end ones are called Raaves, (that is probably because they can't spell)!:D Senior royal sources have confirmed that Harry attended.:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom