Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I find the scruffy shoes endearing. I'm not sure why.:)

You're quite right of-course regarding the shoes, I often wear a scruffy pair for the gardening but a nice pair of shoes for an evening out shows the wearer has made an effort. I'm sure I'll get over it. I'll reserve judgement on the pink nails in case it was for charity or he genuinly likes wearing nail varnish - perhaps a slightly darker tone would have suited Harry's colouring better.... :flowers:

Because it is a 12 hours before each flight ban and trainees are also subject to alcohol testing on a random basis, it is normally seen as a total alcohol ban for the entire training period, (some people can still have alcohol in their systems after the 12 hours), IME & IMO.:flowers: As Harry has been struggling to pass the tests, I would have hoped he wouldn't take any chances of receiving another minus mark through having a positive for alcohol. It doesn't seem too much to ask that he remains alcohol free to achieve his goal.
Oh ok thanks for clearing it up Skydragon:flowers:

:previous:
Forum Support and Feedback subforum: ImageShack tutorial and general picture posting questions thread.

Basically, you must have an image-hosting account (they are free).
You then upload images from your computer to the hosting account.
Photobucket automatically generates several codes which appear underneath the stored image. Just copy and paste the code labelled 'Direct Link' into the post. Done! :)
Thank you for that info Warren! In this particular case it's a 30 old book, so I doubt that Corbis or wherever would have it. Is it possible to scan and post photos from old books, if credit is given? If so, how would I go about it?

For some reason, I find the scruffy shoes endearing. I'm not sure why.:)

Me, too, Mermaid. Maybe we're both crazy, but I think maybe it shows that the wearer is more concerned with comfort and familiarity than flash... :flowers:

Is it possible to scan and post photos from old books, if credit is given? If so, how would I go about it?
Yes, many photos posted on the Forums are scanned images from magazines and books.
First scan the page, store the image in your computer picture library, then upload it to the image-hosting account (eg, Photobucket).
Then simply copy and paste the appropriate code into a post.

Because Photobucket (for example) is hosting the image and TRF is merely carrying the link, any copyright issue is between you, Photobucket and the copyright owner.

Citing the source of the original photograph is recommended for two reasons:
it is good internet etiquette, and it names the original publication for those members who may be interested in the book.

That could be, Ella Kay. We all have a pair of old shoes that we just can't part with. I normally wear my loafers for 10 years before consigning them to wet-weather/chores wear.:)

Me, too, Mermaid. Maybe we're both crazy, but I think maybe it shows that the wearer is more concerned with comfort and familiarity than flash... :flowers:

Thanks Warren...off to photobucket to get an account!

Swinging low: Zara Phillips goes for the WAG look as she watches the rugby | Mail Online
Who is the girl in the last picture with Harry - i though it was one of his Spencer cousins but im not sure - or else it could be Lady Edwina Grosvenor

Oh man, she looks sooo familiar but I can't remember her name. I don't think its Edwina, or a Spencer cousin. I feel like she was linked to one of the prince's in the past. I hope someone can ID her b/c its going to bug me!

Anne is definitely a Scotland supporter, Harry & William support England.:D

The Calcutta Cup is the Rugby Union Trophy for the winner of the match between Scotland and England that is held every year.:flowers:

But William is patron of the Welsh Rugby Union is he not?
That is some conflict of interest.
x

When the Calcutta Cup is being played, it is Scotland vs England, none of the other home nations compete in it.:flowers:

Oh, Marg...you know they're just doing it for the cameras.;):lol:

Oh I do so love these photo's of the remote, chilly and highly disfunctional BRF members giving each other the cold shoulder yet again! :whistling:

I need to do something about this before it becomes a habit!
Well they have to write something about him in his absence. Since there are no photo's I don't give this too much credence. :rolleyes:

However, as Harry (and William for that matter) sink further from sight during their training, we are going to see a lot more speculation. It might even be worth a laugh or two to play "Spot the Porky", or which two tabloids have the same princes doing different things at different places at the same time. Perhaps even prizes for those who find out what said princes were really doing at that time? :dizzy:

Well they have to write something about him in his absence. Since there are no photo's I don't give this too much credence.

But what about that incredibly realistic Photoshopping? ;) That doesn't qualify as a photo?

I agree that it looks like the paper was getting a little desperate.

When they are reduced to writing captions such as "How Harry might have looked..." they are indeed desperate!

When they are reduced to writing captions such as "How Harry might have looked..." they are indeed desperate!

I agree, an article like that is scepticle enough, but with not pictures an a caption like that is makes it more unbelievable.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom