Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes really!:whistling:

Amos said Prince Harry's comments, which came at Prince Charles's 60th birthday concert last year, were "taken out of context", adding: "I do not believe Prince Harry was racist to me.

Stephen K Amos appeals for calm in Prince Harry race row - Telegraph

my earlier comment was referring to the p*aki incident when harry clearly was representing the army, as i said he was wearing a uniform and with his unit at the time. the amos incident is a private incident as far as a conversation a third-in-line to the throne has with a member of the public can be considered "private".

my earlier comment was referring to the p*ki incident when harry clearly was representing the army, as i said he was wearing a uniform and with his unit at the time.
Even the earlier incident should have been considered private.

When you spoke of Harry representing the army, I understood you to be suggesting that Harry was held up as a representative of the Army, by fellow soldiers and the public in general, my mistake.:flowers:

When you spoke of Harry representing the army, I understood you to be suggesting that Harry was held up as a representative of the Army, by fellow soldiers and the public in general, my mistake.:flowers:

no, no i didn't mean that. guess we misunderstood each other, thanks for clarifying skydragon :flowers:

I can understand that in today's world it is more difficult for a royal prince to walk the royal like 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, etc. BUT, that still, in many ways, does NOT excuse the behavior of this young man. While we can say just to simply chalk it up to youth and being naive, whether William and Harry like it or not, they are Royal Princes, they are in the public eye, they were given expensive and from what I can see some of the best educations from some of the best schools in England. They were born into this, raised in it, etc. They should both know that no matter what they do, from urinating publicly and having your pictures taken like William, to even stupidly wearing a swastika to a party, that their behavior reflects their family and their grandmother.

There is NO excuse for Harry to have worn that swastika,because unless your head is in the sand, everyone knows what it is attached to in meaning and symbol.

I am sorry, but Prince Charles had other things to attend to than raise his sons after their mother died...in many ways.

It is getting tiring to watch a 24 year-old continually make an idiot out of himself. Not to be really offensive, but he just does not seem to have much in intelligence and common sense.

I truly would have thought the army would have kicked it ALL right out of him.

IThere is NO excuse for Harry to have worn that swastika,because unless your head is in the sand, everyone knows what it is attached to in meaning and symbol.
I thought the swastika debacle occured in January 2005 and therefor well before he went to Sandhurst in May 2005. It is now February 2009. Well past time to forgive and move on on this subject.
I am sorry, but Prince Charles had other things to attend to than raise his sons after their mother died...in many ways.
Are you implying that Prince Charles was an unfit father both then and now?
It is getting tiring to watch a 24 year-old continually make an idiot out of himself. Not to be really offensive, but he just does not seem to have much in intelligence and common sense.
You mean it was stupid to allow someone to steal private information and sell it to the highest bidder who managed to create a faux racist storm? Or, actually speaking to the "Comedian" who, having boosted his public profile by saying that Harry said something "Racial" about him, and is now frantically backpedalling having scored an own goal?

:previous: The News of the World is obviously now in the business of "Making the News" as opposed to it's stated purpose of "Reporting the News". :rolleyes:

If it is indeed true that he has failed this first hurdle they may cut him a little slack bearing in mind the amount of "(Self) Righteous Fury" pouring down on him for things done (or purported to have been done) years, months and weeks ago. It's not as if anyone remotely fair minded can say that he has had a fair crack of the whip. :nonono:

If he has learnt anything at all these last few years it is that he has a snowball's show in hell of being treated just like everybody else. For all Diana's attempts to instill the "ordinary" into both her sons and her own lives, ultimately both she and they have found it was nothing more than a figment of their own imaginations. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Oh dear 2009 has not gotten off to a good start for poor Harry. :lol: Although wasn’t it said all along that the theory was going to be the hard part for him? Hopefully the extra tutoring will help.

he will pass anyway because he's prince harry and it doesn't really matter how it is being justified, with extra tutoring or other explanations . on the day he joined it was clear he would pass anything unless he decides to quit (similar to edward - he might have had the brain but not the physical strength, with harry it's the other way around) but i don't see this happen.

:previous: In the same way IMO, he was accepted for the course in the first place. Army instructors are wonderful though and with their help (poor soul, :eek:) any who struggled will improve. The problem I can see, is what else could he possibly do, become an instructor himself perhaps, but I can just see the headlines, when a disgruntled ex trainee complains.

I thought the swastika debacle occured in January 2005 and therefor well before he went to Sandhurst in May 2005. It is now February 2009. Well past time to forgive and move on on this subject.
Are you implying that Prince Charles was an unfit father both then and now?
You mean it was stupid to allow someone to steal private information and sell it to the highest bidder who managed to create a faux racist storm? Or, actually speaking to the "Comedian" who, having boosted his public profile by saying that Harry said something "Racial" about him, and is now frantically backpedalling having scored an own goal?

It does not matter. At the time, and even now, it is with great offense brought on to his grandmother, to being a prince of the Blood Royal, to do that. There is no excuse for anyone, actually.

I did not use the word unfit. Please DO NOT put words in my mouth. I simply said he had other things he was attending to.

He is a royal prince, in the public eye. And yes, we have seen royals make mistakes, make public mistakes and offenses as well, but, we are living in an era where we do not hold this generation accountable for their actions because it seems chic and fashionable to sweep bad behavior under the rug. Actions have consequences.

Prince Harry does many good things, his charity Sentebal, his desire to truly help those less fortunate. His desire to bring out the best of both his parents in himself.

We can only hope that he continues to learn and build on past errors and make sure he realizes that any misteps he takes will always be plastered on every news outlet there is. ;)

I'm glad to see the Princes paying tribute to the victims!

I watched an interview with a British tabloid journalist once, and he said that the UK tabs don't require their journalists to confirm stories before they're printed. Apparently other tabloids--such as the US ones--require a confirmation of some kind. That's why I take so many UK-based stories with a huge grain of salt--like the size of the block of salt that cows lick.:lol: Sometimes the tabloids are spot-on, but often they're not.

Natalie Imbruglia is in Australia at the moment promoting her new film. She said that the texting each other was 'totally made up'. Harry was at her birthday party and they met for 'about 2 seconds'
So much for journalistic truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom