Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I agree with the first part.

I assumed being in London for a drink meant he was not back to duties because I thought that when he is working (for work I mean military) he is based in Wattisham, isn't he? I know he's back to London on weekends or at least on Fridays (not sure if he stays in London for the weekend or goes somewhere).but is it possible to be working Wednesday during the day, go to London for a drink and be back to Wattisham to work on Thursday?

I think I understand him not going. I'm sure he could have made it. Maybe it was simply that he didn't want to stress out about going to the wedding with so many other things to worry about. I have those days. I don't go to events because its not worth the headache. I've got too much to so and think about. Besides a trip to a pub is a lot less time consuming and less costly than flying to South Africa.

Of course, we are just speculating. There are any number of reasons he didn't go and don't think the press was really that much of a problem for Harry. Unless he didn't want to upstage the bride and groom by his presence there with Cressida as I think someone stated.

Last edited:
What is your point in this? I used the word jet lag to describe the tiredness Henry might feel after an 11 hour flight from Switzerland after a weekend of partying, to join another wedding party doing the same thing. I imagine you're going to tell me "jet lag" isn't the right word, but as it has no bearing on this discussion which I originally started to explain that Henry could do the flight, I'd save your fingers.

Perhaps you ought to issue us all with a compendium that might explain what you actually mean when you use commonly used terms to convey messages other than they normally might do! :)

huummm, not sure why but this sounds more like an excuse for me. I agree that the flights schedule would be a bit crazy (from SA to Switzerland to SA) but if Harry really wanted to be there, I think he could have managed

Totally agree with you here Julliette and I don't think work preparation would have held him back. Lamutqueen is right, he could have, at least, made part of the celebrations.

Mmm...interesting...

Last edited:
^Well I'm all out of ideas lol. Either way he's back to work soon an doesn't have any events announced yet so:(

but is it possible to be working Wednesday during the day, go to London for a drink and be back to Wattisham to work on Thursday?

4 hour round trip, so it would have to be a good drink. He was definitely not Wattisham working. :flowers:

I think he is probably hunkered down somewhere on the Sandringham estate with his new best friend.

A Golden Retriever? :p

*scampers*

Last edited:
I was imagining Harry saying to Granny, "I need to lie low for a few days - any ideas?" She says, "Go to SAndringham, and I'll create a diversion."
Harry says - do you know how to do that?
Reply - "Of course I do, I'm Head of the Armed Forces -and I have a cunning plan. And I'll get to rest up at the same time!

Well, looks like the Chelsy thread has hit a dead end. Chelsy must be sticking to her guns! So this does now look official but IMO Cressida looks too much like Chelsy for the relationship to be successful. By that I mean that I suspect what attracts Henry to Cressida may not altogether be "healthy" or "sustainable". The way in which the relationship started is also questionable (I am thinking Vegas).

Having said thus, I am happy to be wrong and do wish them well, but I would be lying if did not express my regret for the demise of the Chelsy/Henry union.:sad:

I think the boy just likes blondes, like his father. His brother likes brunette. Not uncommon in fair skinned males.

Chelsy Davy, Florence Brudenell-Bruce, Cressida Bonas.....Harry does seem to have a "type".....:cool::whistling:

It also keeps them from getting compared to DoC. That would be the next headline. He's in love with Kate, but he has to settle for (fill in name here). LOL

Getting back to current events.... The story of Harry going to Australia to take the salute for the centenary fleet review has re-emerged in the Telegraph

Prince Harry is asked to set sail in Australia - Telegraph

The article mentions that although he is in the army he is also Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Diving.

Personally I dont think he should go - I think it should be the Queen or Prince Charles - he, at least, has served in the Navy and is a senior royal. IT is an important event for Australia and it should have a senior royal attend.

Getting back to current events.... The story of Harry going to Australia to take the salute for the centenary fleet review has re-emerged in the Telegraph

Prince Harry is asked to set sail in Australia - Telegraph

The article mentions that although he is in the army he is also Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Diving.

Personally I dont think he should go - I think it should be the Queen or Prince Charles - he, at least, has served in the Navy and is a senior royal. IT is an important event for Australia and it should have a senior royal attend.

Hate to burst your bubble Cepe but my understanding is that he is being scouted for his media appeal so the event maximizes world coverage. An older member of the RF would not be as interesting to the world media. He is sought for the media attention he attracts, his celebrity if you like. Notice they are hoping he will hit Sydney's night spots hard! They are hoping for a Vegas style coverage!:D

By the way, the publicity is already generating interest, at least in the UK so their plan is working, even if he is a no show...they are clever!

Last edited:
Hate to burst your bubble Cepe but my understanding is that he is being scouted for his media appeal so the event maximizes world coverage. An older member of the RF would not be as interesting to the world media. He is sought for the media attention he attracts, his celebrity if you like. Notice they are hoping he will hit Sydney's night spots hard! They are hoping for a Vegas style coverage!:D

And that is exactly why Charles or Andrew should attend the event not Henry.

This is not a fund-raising or something like that to do on basis of popularity and "getting back your money".
I really dont know how seriously Australian Navy seriously takes its Fleet Review.
But I think that it a very symbolic occasion to show off all their ships and naval might.
I dont think Harry is yet old enough to take salute at a Fleet Review.
In fact, till now till now its only the Sovereign (or previously represented by Guv-General/Viceroy) or The Prince of Wales (the latter only in case of ever-mourning Victoria) who takes salute at Fleet Review.
Actually the article doesnt confirm Harry's name. It just says one from RF will be there.
I am not sure Aussie Navy will be happy to have Harry at this "highest-profile event". Prince of Wales or atleast Duke of York/Princess Royal will do..

Last edited:
This is not a fund-raising or something like that to do on basis of popularity and "getting back your money".
I really dont know how seriously Australian Navy seriously takes its Fleet Review.
But I think that it a very symbolic occasion to show off all their ships and naval might.
I dont think Harry is yet old enough to take salute at a Fleet Review.
In fact, till now till now its only the Sovereign or The Prince of Wales (the latter only in case of ever-mourning Victoria) who takes salute at Fleet Review.

Does it matter anymore? I mean, it is Australia not England and we don't much stand for that kind of thing anymore. Well, maybe the older generations do still but the idea of the invite is about coverage not tradition so much. And besides, most of the participants will be young and would prefer to see Henry than Charlie. You know, contemporary rather than a grandfather figure.:lol:

Prince Harry is actively in the mirror, and 3rd in line to the throne. Does anyone really think the military would prefer seeing Andrew, Anne or Edward? Not in this case.

Does it matter anymore? I mean, it is Australia not England and we don't much stand for that kind of thing anymore. Well, maybe the older generations do still but the idea of the invite is about coverage not tradition so much. And besides, most of the participants will be young and would prefer to see Henry than Charlie. You know, contemporary rather than a grandfather figure.:lol:

What I don't get is the point. What benefit does our Navy consider it will get from having world coverage for the Fleet Review? Surely everyone knows we have a navy, but other than other countries' navies, who else overseas will care? I'm quite sure that very few people in Australia who are not past or present serving members will give a damn about the Centenary Fleet Review. The only interest his visit holds for me is the possibility Harry will indeed do a Vegas in The Cross and make an idiot of himself.

If we do have to have a member of the BRF here for the occasion, I wish it were Charles, as I consider he is the only one who is appropriate. At a pinch, William, because one day he will be king and therefore at least has the potential - ie. should we not become a republic before then - to have a constitutional role in Australia. Neither Andrew nor Harry do, and Harry's too young, IMO.

Last edited:
What I don't get is the point. What benefit does our Navy consider it will get from having world coverage for the Fleet Review? Surely everyone knows we have a navy, but other than other countries' navies, who else overseas will care? I'm quite sure that very few people in Australia who are not past or present serving members will give a damn about the Centenary Fleet Review. The only interest his visit holds for me is the possibility Harry will indeed do a Vegas in The Cross and make an idiot of himself.

If we do have to have a member of the BRF here for the occasion, I wish it were Charles, as I consider he is the only one who is appropriate. At a pinch, William, because one day he will be king and therefore at least has the potential - ie. should we not become a republic before then - to have a constitutional role in Australia. Neither Andrew nor Harry do, and Harry's too young, IMO.

Actually Roslyn, I think you are right, on all points, except that I do wish none of them would be invited as we don't have the need for it. But I am sure it is for publicity Henry is pursued and the hope of a Vegas as well as possibly to tackle what you have mentioned and try and engage the local disinterested (possible recruits?), especially if he hits the town!! Charles and Camilla did not attract the attention they are looking for, on their recent visit they were taken to existing (public filled) events. I am sure Harry could manage much more interest, especially from star struck girls.

According to some tweets, Harry went to the movies today

Amberley Quinn ‏@amberquinnxo 4h
OMG prince harry is in the pictures with us!!!!!

Royal Fever ‏@RoyalFeverBlog 3h
Prince Harry sighted at the movies in London today (via @amberquinnxo and @izoconnor).

According to some tweets, Harry went to the movies today

Amberley Quinn ‏@amberquinnxo 4h
OMG prince harry is in the pictures with us!!!!!

Royal Fever ‏@RoyalFeverBlog 3h
Prince Harry sighted at the movies in London today (via @amberquinnxo and @izoconnor).

WITH WHOM??????:bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom