Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says she's a model and aspiring actress...but I wonder if she would be able to continue along that track were she (or someone like her) to actually marry him.

LaRae

Doubt anyone can continue acting or modelling once married into the Royal Family. It'll be hard enough to continue such a career if their relationship becomes serious enough. Harry is very high-profile. I hope the girl's life isn't turned upside down now that the media knows who she is.

Well you know how the media is...not much hope of them backing off.

LaRae

He's just a hunk. What lovely shoulders. With all respect : ))

:previous:
Normally, I believe there may be truth in every story. However, this one is so unlikely to happen, I don't buy it.
Harry is a British Prince and William's Heir Presumptive; unless it's a short stint (a couple of months or so), he isn't moving anywhere.

I'm sure Harry would like to move to the United States or his beloved Africa to enjoy relatively free life but that's one luxury he cannot afford.

I agree - they keep saying different members want to move to the US to get away from their paparazzi filled lives - Diana had supposedly wanted to, Kate was going to move to New York, now Harry - but it would be easier for the British media to follow them, not harder. Piers Morgan would show up with an entire film crew the minute he got here.

I remember some years ago the press wrote stories about the royal family buying an apartment in NYC, although they couldnt agree who it was for.
In the end it turned out the apartment was a Canadian dilpomatic residence for the UN Mission bought "by HM Queen Elizabeth II in right of Canada".
A member of the BRF living in the US would have far less privacy than they do now in the UK. At least at home they can retire to one of their private estates to relax without being followed by the paps or having helicopters hovering over their homes taking photographs.

She's a rare beauty. But her mother's life is a bit much. Can they "rebrand" the Royal Family that much? (phrase used by NBC about the family at the Olympics, especially the Queen's turn as a "Bond Girl." The Lady Mary family together (Cressida and others) looks like a "dare you" bunch. Not royal but she could learn if she wanted to.

Prince Harry hosted a reception for school games athletes, at Clarence House, on August 02, 2012 in London, England.
The event was held for about 25 young athletes who won medals during the First National Finals of the School Games, which were held at the Olympic Park last May.

- Prince Harry shares a laugh with Olympic Gold medallist Darren Campbell and a group of young athletes (isn't Harry just adorable? :wub: )

- Prince Harry with Baroness Sue Campbell (Chair of Youth Sport Trust), Justin King and Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt
- Harry and Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt speak to Team GB Weightlifter Zoe Smith
- Prince Harry with some of the athletes
- A group portrait of young athletes

Gallery from Getty

This sort of thing just really annoys me. What is wrong with them having a close relationship? They've been friends for years and years....William and Harry have always been close it would be odd (and sad) if marrying would somehow change that. I think it's great she gets on so well with the family. It's obvious Harry treats her as a sister based on the photos, I've never gotten the feeling there's any 'chemistry' going on.

The media is just trying to create controversy. They want them all to hate each other so they have more to print.

LaRae

This sort of thing just really annoys me. What is wrong with them having a close relationship? They've been friends for years and years....William and Harry have always been close it would be odd (and sad) if marrying would somehow change that. I think it's great she gets on so well with the family. It's obvious Harry treats her as a sister based on the photos, I've never gotten the feeling there's any 'chemistry' going on.

The media is just trying to create controversy. They want them all to hate each other so they have more to print.

LaRae
Did you read the article? It is actually a very lovely piece of three young people.

Yes I read it and didn't find to be it a lovely piece.

LaRae

I read it too - and can't say I find it lovely at all.
from the article said:
The closeness of the royal trio has become something of a talking point in recent weeks, after a series of photographs showed them joined at the hip, whispering and giggling everywhere from the balcony at Buckingham Palace during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee to the Olympic equestrian arena in Greenwich. Indeed, some of the shots have even led to debate here and abroad — particularly in some of the more breathless U.S. gossip magazines — as to how ‘appropriate’ their relationship is. ‘Royal love triangle!’ gasped Star magazine, before claiming that Kate and Harry’s ‘painfully inappropriate flirting’ has led to a showdown between the Duchess and her husband — or, in the words of the magazine, a ‘blow-up between the newly-weds’.
After that, they do write some nice stuff (even through in the apparently very close relationships between Charles, his sons and daughter-in-law), but frankly, what with the headline and the beginning, few are going to care for the "after" bit.

grevinnan said:
Did you read the article? It is actually a very lovely piece of three young people.

Yes I read it. This is a disrespectful and provocative headline. The article goes from giving a few
left-handed compliments to quoting salacious gossip. Very disappointing

Ahh well DM quoting an American magazine who have claimed Catherine's been pregnant for years! They're just copying gossip to sell papers, a lot of newspapers do it y'know.
I do feel sorry for Harry he looks very much like a third wheel.

I read this article yesterday too and although it does really paint a picture of family closeness between the three young royals, you had to know they were going for the teaser headlines as if to insinuate (as they did in parts of the article) that all is not as it should be. Its as if they were on purpose trying to revisit years in William and Harry's parent's marriage that should have been left alone. Charles and Andrew hostile? I really really don't think so.

I think its wonderful that William and Harry are so close, you can sense it every time you see those two together and think they're going to make an awesome team together no matter what they do over the years. The fact that Kate has meshed in so well into the family just shows me how right she is in the scheme of things.

well said osipi, the DM as usual is taking a punt and seeing if people take it up. The comments in DM itself say that the paper has really got it wrong in even mentioning it.

Disgraceful muckraking. I'm with you on loving the fact that they are close and work well together.

The exclamation point clearly indicates that the headline is not a statement of fact but rather a point that needs to be addressed. For anyne intersted in the future of Brittish monarchy the article should be passed on to anyone else with same interest. It very clearly states that the Brittish and foreign press trying to make something sinister out of the relationship between the three of them is ... ludicrous...

It goes on to discuss how the Cambridges and Prince Harry are forging their own way. They are clearly preparing for the day when Prince Charles is King and they are the main royal family and the need to be prepared for the next step in case Charles does not live as long as one may expect.

Lots of little innuendoes in that article and then .... backstroking. Not nice, not only Will, Kate and Harry but Charles and Andrew. AND the snide little comment that sounds as though the young ones are going to set up some kind of alternative "court". Innuendoes between Will, Kate and Harry, innuendoes regarding Charles and Andrew and innuendoes regarding the young royals and Charles. Someone just stirring the pot, too bad because there are enough nimwits that try to conjure something up, the DM doesn't need to become a part of it. Very distasteful.

Last edited:
I read this article, and like others here, found it to be disrespectful and quite unnecessary. What really sold the deal for me, was the fact that DM decided to quote a US gossip rag, that's not even worth looking at as a source. Tells quite a bit, no? The Cambridges and Harry are very close, because they're family, and also because they work together. There's nothing wrong with that, and the insinuations that they want to start their 'own court' are ridiculous, to say the least. Catherine gets on quite well with her in-laws, and that's a wonderful thing. In the future, she'll be turning to them for advice, and it's important that the relationships are amicable at least. Judging by what we've seen over the past year, the said relationships are more than amicable, and I, personally, think it's a very good thing. DM's desire to stir something up, when there's nothing there to stir up comes out again, quite clearly, in this piece of 'news'.

DM's desire to stir something up, when there's nothing there to stir up comes out again, quite clearly, in this piece of 'news'.

Quoting gossip sells, it makes people talk and think about something they would have otherwise ignored. Every newspaper does it, but DM does it most often and very well.

Only the Daily Mail, and Rebecca English in particular, could produce an article about 3 family members getting on too well.

The princess take part in a polo match to benefit three of their charities:

Princes William and Harry take a break from spectating at the Olympics for a game of polo instead... but their match is brought forward so the pair can make it to the athletics stadium in time | Mail Online

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but if not, then here you go. Harry at a music festival last weekend. Love the shout out to 'Angry Birds'. That game is way too addicting :D. Harry's sense of humor and down-to-earth demeanor is extremely endearing.

Game for a laugh Prince Harry dons Angry Birds hat for table tennis match at music festival | Mail Online

Last edited:
This whole thing about a triangle is disgraceful press reporting. Some families are very close, and it has nothing to do with "flirting". Other families, unfortunately, are far away from each other both physically and emotionally. I was super-close to my mother's family of six siblings, and hardly knew my father's family of three siblings. I regret not having been closer to the latter. Probably Harry will marry and then the threesome will be a close foresome. At least one can hope!

For someone he's supposedly dating she's sure never with him....

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom