The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Well, we're not our parents mistakes but the masters of our own destiny.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Commoner

As the married, adult daughter of two parents who married quite a few times between them, all it's done for me is show me first hand the pitfalls and traps couples can fall into. In fact, it's given me a pretty good primer on what not to do. I hope that Harry and William feel the same way - as a "divorced kid," the thought of getting a divorce myself is pretty much the most horrifying outcome I could ever imagine.
To bring it back to Cressida, from what I can tell her family is extremely close despite the various marital difficulties. Her mother has maintained a friendly relationship with her second husband, John Anstruther-Gough-Calthrope (at least they've appeared in pictures together). Gabriella Anstruther-Gough-Calthrope (Gabriella "Wilde") stated in an old interview that even though she and Cressida aren't sisters, they did grow up together and were close. And her two oldest sisters are both married with children - hopefully they can provide examples of loving, stable relationships through good and bad times.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Her parents' many marriages have probably shown Cressida what not to do when it comes to romantic relationships. It'll likely make her more cautious about making the ultimate commitment, which will do her no harm.
I like your optimism and hope it comes true. But learning why to go and why not to go in a relationship is different, and having a solid family support is different.
These people (marrying into RF) should have a solid support. In broken marriages usually kids become the "rock" for parents, instead of being the other way. (Diana said Will was her rock, Fergie still has Bea and Eug givin emotional support to her). I believe only if they have strong emotional "rocks" in their parents and their siblings, they will be able to tolerate such pressures.
One more thing:
You cannot always say, "So what Harry will be her rock"
In these marriages, there is no difference between public/private lives and family/profession. Everything is combined. Sometimes she and Harry may feel the same stress at the same time. Sometimes "situations" may pit them against each other, challenging their egos.
See what happend when the Queen was newly crowned. Prince Philip was so undermined by everyone, he was hurt (everything done in Queen's name) and still the Queen was helpless.
Similarly Diana's grace and photogenic beauty was pitted against Charles' sense of duty and innovative leadership. Thus inevitably some situations arise where the spouse definitely needs her family, not "close friends" to help them move on the situation without hurting the marriage.
Thats my point. But maybe Cressida wont have that much pressure that Kate faces/yet to face..
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Courtier

And by the way, dear mods, there is a very intersting discussion going on in this thread. But I am afraid this is not exactly the right place. But still there are so many 'leads' in these posts that people are continuing.
So why dont you consider moving all these posts to "potential wife for Prince Harry" thread or the new "Prince Harry relationship musings" thread started today itself..
Old 02-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Yes, he could have, you're absolutely right.

But why on earth would he want people to know about it? Did he not say at this last interview, or a fairly recent interview that while he wanted a wife and children, he felt no woman would want the position given the press attention. So why put a brand new relationship in full view of the paps - what worse way to put a damper on a budding relationship. Especially one where he knew that the young lady's mother has had four marriages, the father two, photogenic, It Girl siblings everywhere, and a sister who Will allegedly had a crush on. He just gave the tabloids red meat.

So why give the press this information, and display this relationship in full view? Could it be that the tabloid reports that Harry was rebuked by Ms. Bonas while in Afghanistan wounded his pride? In which case his decision to put this new relationship out in full view was to assuage his pride at the expense of Ms. Bonas' privacy and her family's privacy.
I was quite shocked by this comment because it paints the picture of a really unpleasant man. And that doesn't seem like Harry IMO. He may be immature as far as relationships go, but I wouldn't have thought him capable of something this nasty.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
And by the way, dear mods, there is a very intersting discussion going on in this thread. But I am afraid this is not exactly the right place. But still there are so many 'leads' in these posts that people are continuing.
So why dont you consider moving all these posts to "potential wife for Prince Harry" thread or the new "Prince Harry relationship musings" thread started today itself..
I wouldn't necessarily say that the discussion is off topic. It could fit in elsewhere, but the discussion started when Harry was photographed on a vacation - that's all kind of current. It's speculation about what something that just happens means.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe:

But why on earth would he want people to know about it? Did he not say at this last interview, or a fairly recent interview that while he wanted a wife and children, he felt no woman would want the position given the press attention. So why put a brand new relationship in full view of the paps - what worse way to put a damper on a budding relationship. Especially one where he knew that the young lady's mother has had four marriages, the father two, photogenic, It Girl siblings everywhere, and a sister who Will allegedly had a crush on. He just gave the tabloids red meat.

Did he?

From my point of view it always takes two. And reading in the Daily Mail, how the young lady behaved in the restaurant where the birthday of Harry's uncle was celebrated does not give me the impression of a discreet person. In fact I would consider her behaviour outright impolite.

Quote of the Daily Mail:
But fellow diners in the wee small hours at the Pot Luck Club restaurant in the resort’s Farinet Hotel were entertained by the sight of the Prince bouncing the 24-year-old blonde model and would-be actress on his knee.
The pair were said to have ‘kissed like love-struck teenagers in the back of a cinema’.
The other end of the same table was an altogether more sober affair. Harry’s uncle, Prince Andrew, whose 53rd birthday on Tuesday they were celebrating, sat with his ex-wife, Sarah, Duchess of York, and their two daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas 'kissing like teens' in restaurant during Swiss ski holiday | Mail Online
Old 02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Nobility

Or...maybe they, like many couples, are very affectionate and she was simply out with her boyfriend, his family, and her friends. I don't like watching people make out in a restaurant or anywhere either, but I usually just mind my own business. They are not the first and will not be the last. Besides she has been pretty discreet this is the first time anyone has photographed her and Harry together.

Really I think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. They were on vacation together and happened to be outside where people took photos. It is not a crime. What are they supposed to sit holed up inside their apartments so no one can see them?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Courtier

My gut is telling me that this relationship is further along then we knew. Being in a war zone would be sure to mature Harry. I hope they are both at the same stage. It will be interesting to watch.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Has he already found the one...?

I wish him all the best!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Nobility

They have been linked since last year so who knows. If he does marry her, I think this is still a few years out. In the mean time, I'm waiting for Dave to propose to Beatrice.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
My gut is telling me that this relationship is further along then we knew. Being in a war zone would be sure to mature Harry. I hope they are both at the same stage. It will be interesting to watch.
I wouldn't take that as a given. I think he still has some growing up to do.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Majesty

I think the marriage talk for Harry should slow down. I see the media already mentioning wedding bells. Don't see him rushing into anything.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

This is his second time returning from a war zone. There was a fair bit of immaturity displayed between the first time in Afghanistan and the second time.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Nobility

I'm starting to wonder if the immaturity is just Harry being...well...Harry.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
They have been linked since last year so who knows. If he does marry her, I think this is still a few years out. In the mean time, I'm waiting for Dave to propose to Beatrice.
As I said last night, time will tell, but in the meantime Harry and Cressida look like they're having a good time together, they like one another obviously, the rest will happen if it happens. However, I also have a feeling before 2013 is over and done, we will be getting excited about a Wedding in the House of Windsor and it'll be the two in the bolded up there. :)
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

As I said last night, time will tell, but in the meantime Harry and Cressida look like they're having a good time together, they like one another obviously, the rest will happen if it happens. However, I also have a feeling before 2013 is over and done, we will be getting excited about a Wedding in the House of Windsor and it'll be the two in the bolded up there. :)
If you are right, I will give you a big, fat kiss...through the computer. LOL
Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Or...maybe they, like many couples, are very affectionate and she was simply out with her boyfriend, his family, and her friends. I don't like watching people make out in a restaurant or anywhere either, but I usually just mind my own business. They are not the first and will not be the last. Besides she has been pretty discreet this is the first time anyone has photographed her and Harry together.

Really I think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. They were on vacation together and happened to be outside where people took photos. It is not a crime. What are they supposed to sit holed up inside their apartments so no one can see them?
Anna Catherine,

no harm intended. Of course it is no crime. But bad taste IMHO, if it occurs in a public place during the birthday celebration of someone senior to you. At least I have been brought up this way. Maybe old-fashioned. I wouldn't have minded the two having fun, if it was just another evening out there.

Also it seems to me as if the initiative in the restaurant came from the lady (by sitting on Harry) and this makes me wonder, if she wanted him to force him to comply. Not sure about the whole thing. Just makes me wonder. At the end of the day I hope that these two people take their time and don't act too quickly.

Best regards ...
(edited for omission)
Old 02-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post

Anna Catherine,

no harm intended. Of course it is no crime. But bad taste IMHO, if it occurs in a public place during the birthday celebration of someone senior to you. At I have been brought up this way. Maybe old-fashioned. I wouldn't have minded the two having fun, if it was just another evening out there.

Also it seems to me as if the initiative in the restaurant came from the lady (by sitting on Harry) and this makes me wonder, if she wanted him to force him to comply. Not sure about the whole thing. Just makes me wonder. At the end of the day I hope that these two people take their time and don't act too quickly.

Best regards ...
I was not worried or upset and honestly I was brought up the same way and agree. I just know that some people are a little more publicly open about their affection for each other. I just don't want us to see anything bad about a situation that is not any different from any number of other couples.

I apologize if I offended you or seemed like I was attacking you.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:34 AM
Courtier

Clearly, this public outing is no accident. They must have decided on this "outing". I wonder if it was designed as a message to those of us who were still rooting for Chelsy Davy. This outing states she is firmly in the past.

Prince Harry to meet Cressida Bonas's family as he flies to South Africa for her sister's wedding - Telegraph

If he is up to meeting her parents he would want to show his commitment to Cressida to the world. There is Chelsy Davy and Vegas to "put to bed". IMO, it is a good marketing/sales step to take. Her parents may feel more at ease, but in my mind, there are still issues with the fact that he did do nude with other women whilst he was dating her. Than again, the same commitment issues happened with Kate and now she is a Duchess and as yet, Will has not been seen to have put a foot wrong in that department.