The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Serene Highness

She has a similar look about her that Kate did at that age. Some other similarities too, sporty and not over-awed by the 'royalty' of it.

LaRae

Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
The Telegraph is reporting that Prince Harry is to visit the US later in the year. Not sure why the need to mention Vegas or if it is correct.

Prince Harry to return to US as ambassador in first visit after Vegas party - Telegraph
They mention it because it opens up their customers' memories. That escapade is the most recent memory of his actions for a segment of the US population (if they care at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They were kissing and cuddling and that means they "truly" have something? Drunk encounter for all we know.
Someone said she was with that group partying on Necker Island. Remember, that's where we got that lovely shot of a passed out Harry on the floor. Perhaps they are a good match. LOL

Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Majesty

I just hope and pray this young lady's privacy will be respected. It was one thing when it was rumored her and Harry were seeing each other privately but it's another now they've been pictured loved up on this trip. I hope she won't be hounded like the then Kate Middleton.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I could've sworn Harry said during his interviews in Afghanistan that he was very much single. So either the relationship has been rekindled recently, or Harry was telling the media fibs.

This certainly seems to be a very public 'announcement' of their relationship. Wasn't William and Kate's relationship first brought out into the open on the slopes?

Batten down the hatches, Ms Bonas, the press are going to be coming at you big time.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Yep, I was thinking the same thing, they all went to the slopes and it was there they came 'out' as a couple. Prince Charles was there as well, can't remember if Harry was.

LaRae
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just hope and pray this young lady's privacy will be respected...
Not a chance.
Now that a relationship is confirmed, the press will look at Cressinda's entire life under a microscope. The lives of her family members and friends too, come to that.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Hey Juliette! Still think they are just good friends?? Hehehehehe!
no, I don't. But, you know, certain things I have to see before I conclude something. I don't believe the press 100%. Now that I saw with my eyes, it's another matter
Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Courtier

I hope he doesn't rush into anything like his brother did.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Not a chance.
Now that a relationship is confirmed, the press will look at Cressinda's entire life under a microscope. The lives of her family members and friends too, come to that.
I know she will now be under the media's focus but I hope they will at least be respectful of her privacy. Also not to hound her 24/7. Harry have all the protection in the world but she don't.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know she will now be under the media's focus but I hope they will at least be respectful of her privacy. Also not to hound her 24/7. Harry have all the protection in the world but she don't.
You don't know the British tabloids if you think there is even a hope of that happening. Respect for privacy is not exactly their strong suit.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ I agree. The media will find out about everything in her life, her family and friends. And I suspect that a 4 times married mother and high society family, newspapers will be full of "interesting" stories

Also, expect from now on, to have the reference of her sister and William in every article you read about Cressida

EDIT: here's a gallery of her Tatler has just done: http://www.tatler.com/bystander/even...#/9506/image/9
Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^ I agree. The media will find out about everything in her life, her family and friends. And I suspect that a 4 times married mother and high society family, newspapers will be full of "interesting" stories

Also, expect from now on, to have the reference of her sister and William in every article you read about Cressida
Oh, gawd, the editors of the tabloids should send Harry gift baskets and movie tickets and things. If you thought that the stories and commentary on the Middletons were bad, who do not appear to have such in skeletons in their closet, you might want to log off the internet.....

Harry will have to marry a nun.... a Maria Von Trapp character who was found as a baby on the doorsteps of a church, and cloistered in some abbey and sent over to Kensington Palace at the age of 25. Perhaps some great show tunes will come out of it.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the image of harry with his girlfriend and sara, duchess of york!
It's so nice he go to cation with his aunt. I really wish to see the same image in william0s wedding, I miss sarah in that wedding.
It's really nice to se harry with sarah like family
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I could've sworn Harry said during his interviews in Afghanistan that he was very much single. So either the relationship has been rekindled recently, or Harry was telling the media fibs.

This certainly seems to be a very public 'announcement' of their relationship. Wasn't William and Kate's relationship first brought out into the open on the slopes?

Batten down the hatches, Ms Bonas, the press are going to be coming at you big time.
I guess the "very much single" comment was to protect Cressida while he was away and give her the chance to decide for herself if she wanted to become his girlfriend or not. I believe if she hadn't wanted to meet him or the flame could not rekindled during their meetings after his return, the public wouldn't have known at all that they were still in contact.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Time will tell but snogging and having a girl on your lap does not necessarily mean a great romance. A great weekend certainly, but not necessarily a love story.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Not a chance.
They already did that when her sister dated William and became later betrothed to Sam Brabson. I doubt there is much more to find. Wonder what Charles thinks of blonde Cresside, the dance student....
Old 02-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Time will tell but snogging and having a girl on your lap does not necessarily mean a great romance. A great weekend certainly, but not necessarily a love story.
I was thinking the same. I've eaten my words and passed from believing they were just friends to they are more than friends. But I wouldn't jump to the girlfriend conclusion yet
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
no, I don't. But, you know, certain things I have to see before I conclude something. I don't believe the press 100%. Now that I saw with my eyes, it's another matter
My whole take on the relationship is that its just that. A relationship. Harry is still young and by no means will he be living like a monk in seclusion. I'd not be too quick to pin "serious" onto this relationship quite yet. I do think they enjoy each other's company but perhaps not to the point where they want to spend the rest of their lives together. Harry still has his military duties and I really don't see him settling down for quite a few years yet.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm torn on how serious I think this relationship may or may not be.

If we look at William, it seemed like his relationship with Catherine was carefully exposed to the public - whatever rumours existed before (and regardless of how not great William is with the press), it didn't seem like William and Catherine was really a confirmed thing in the news until they were serious about each other. They may have had their problems afterwards, but they waited until they were sure to make it public.

That suggests that this is something Harry is serious about. He's letting the public know that this is someone he's serious about. Except, Harry doesn't seem to have great skill at keeping more private things private. As such, it seems like either this was a carefully crafted way of letting the public know that this is something serious or something private that Harry accidentally let slip.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Commoner

Well, I'm thrilled. I know nothing about Cressida's personality or hopes and dreams, but I love that she comes from a noble background. I'm one of those people who like to see royals marry royals, and a royal marrying someone of noble blood is the next best thing to me.
Based on what I've found on various genealogical webpages/databases, it appears Prince Harry and Cressida are related one another in several ways through the following individuals: 1st Earl Howe; 2nd Duke of Grafton; Edward I; Henry I of France; and Walter, the 6th High Steward of Scotland. <---------------I am one thrilled royal watcher today. :) I know they are only dating, not engaged to be married, but I can't help but cross my fingers and hope!