The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Majesty

My guess they are setting up the interview and waiting for Harry to get off the plane.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Majesty

They are saying that after the interview, Harry will return to either Kensington Palace or Highgrove.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand about the deal but what I don't understand is the timing of today's interview. The squadron has been in decompression in Cyprus and this is going to continue for the next few days/week ( this has just been mentioned on Sky). This is get them adjusted to being out of theatre and into a different, normal life and regime.

But Harry is going to be question by the media for, apparently, 30 minutes. The MOD has got this wrong. H should be interviewed next week after his down time.

And don't tell me it's the reality of being royal, I have heard that so often but it doesn't mean it's right.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Majesty

I agree, he should be given time to himself and with his family and then give the interview but I guess they have decided to do the interview now.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Harry is waiting for everyone to get their carry ons before deplanning. I know what the news has said but he is supposed to return to Wattisham with his squadron like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But Harry is going to be question by the media for, apparently, 30 minutes. The MOD has got this wrong. H should be interviewed next week after his down time.
Some people are saying this interview is not MOD approved like previously suggested.

EDIT PICTURE: http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-0...ns-to-britain/

Picture of Henry leaving the plane.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Majesty

PICTURE: Prince Harry deplanes as he lands on UK soil after a 4-month deployment in Afghanistan...
http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...9j-4aaqsk.jpeg
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Harry is waiting for everyone to get their carry ons before deplanning. I know what the news has said but he is supposed to return to Wattisham with his squadron like everyone else.

Some people are saying this interview is not MOD approved like previously suggested.

EDIT PICTURE: Harry arrives back in Britain - ITV News

Picture of Henry leaving the plane.
Interesting, not what Richard Palmer said earlier. I m watching sky news at the moment. What are you watching Lumutqueen?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Interesting, not what Richard Palmer said earlier. I m watching sky news at the moment. What are you watching Lumutqueen?
BBC News, there's a report on now talking about the change in weather. Apparently we'll be getting an interview in the next few minutes.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Well, I'm looking forward to the interview.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Interview is on SKYNEWS right now!!!

@HWalesWatch: RT @Georginaitv: Asked what 2013 holds... he says he's looking to take on more royal stuff and spend more time with his charities

The interview will be on BBC at 6.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Majesty

I think it's good that he want to take on more royal duties and focus on his charities. I have always said that it's time for the younger generation of royals to step up their official duties.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

More tweets;

@RoyalReporter: Asked to clarify if he killed in Afghanistan, Harry says: "You get asked to do things that you'd expect to do wearing this uniform."

@RoyalReporter: Prince Harry talked about a 7-year-old girl being shot on his last day in Afghanistan: "I don't know what's normal for me anymore."
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Here's another tweet.

SkyNewsRoyal: "longing to see my brother and sister-in-law. That's behind closed doors, you guys (media) aren't invites."
Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a random question about his family tree. What was the interviewer hoping for? "I like to imagine I'm a modern-day Henry V at the battle of Agincourt, only instead of being on a horse I'm in a helicopter"? Very odd.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Majesty

That was a very odd question and I was looking puzzled too.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
What a random question about his family tree. What was the interviewer hoping for? "I like to imagine I'm a modern-day Henry V at the battle of Agincourt, only instead of being on a horse I'm in a helicopter"? Very odd.
I interpretted it from Henry's response that it was a possible dig at his parentage. Henry said something like "there's deeper meaning behind that" or there's a reason you're asking or something along those lines. The father thing was the first thing that came to mind.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Here's another tweet.

SkyNewsRoyal: "longing to see my brother and sister-in-law. That's behind closed doors, you guys (media) aren't invites."
It shows his anger against the media
Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
i thought it was so strange... especially when he asked have you ever looked into your family tree or something like that.... is there any body whose family tree isnt more documented than his?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
It shows his anger against the media
or just a good sense of humour.