The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree although it must have been a close thing with Jack Nicholson who is 75! I thought Harry would be back by now

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Actually, I think he got the toughest competition from fellow royals (plus Clooney) and you can't argue with that too; Amedeo, Philippos, Pierre and Carl Philip are all not too shabby looking guys, aren't they?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry still not home. I did a news search 662 squadron 3 regiment and got nothing for the last week in news.
Has anyone herd anything from service members about tours getting extended in general? Here in the US some submariners I know of had leaves cancelled and tours extended - we think due to events in Syria/Turkey but that's a guess because all their missions are secret. That's all I've heard about extended tours over here. Anyone?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Harry still not home. I did a news search 662 squadron 3 regiment and got nothing for the last week in news.
Has anyone herd anything from service members about tours getting extended in general? Here in the US some submariners I know of had leaves cancelled and tours extended - we think due to events in Syria/Turkey but that's a guess because all their missions are secret. That's all I've heard about extended tours over here. Anyone?
According to this fella on twitter;

Quote:
Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch
Confirmed: Your wait is almost over. Prince Harry will return to England next week. Stay tuned.
Also according to twitter and several newspapers, Henry COULD serve in Afghanistan for a third time as early as next year.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope he's back soon, I miss seeing Prince Harry. Although I'm sure he's relished the opportunity to serve his country completely out of the public eye.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Courtier

HRH has completed his tour of duty in Afghanistan [according to the BBC], and is on his way back home to the UK.

He has given a candid interview to the BBC, on completion of this part of his military service. It will be very good to have him safely home.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

BBC News - Prince Harry in Afghanistan: I fired at enemy

His tour was five months, not four which is why he hasn't returned sooner. The Prince will "decompress" in Cyprus.

SkyNews has a documentary "Back on The Frontline" airs at 8:30pm UK time. He's given 3 interviews during his 3 month tour. There's an awful reporter at St James' Palace for SkyNews right now, all he's talking about is how Henry's job is "done" and he'll cover William and Catherine's back while they have a baby.

Prince Harry confirms he killed Taliban as he returns from Afghanistan saying: 'Take a life to save a life' - Telegraph

Prince Harry reveals life on the front line in Afghanistan and says Prince William is jealous of his tour of duty | Mail Online

Prince Harry Vegas: What Prince Charles tells his son and the story behind those photos | Mail Online

Prince Harry and Prince William: Sibling rivalry between the royal brothers revealed | Mail Online

Prince Harry Camp Bastion: 'I'm not academic but I thrash the guys at Fifa' | Mail Online
Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Watching SkyNews right now and Henry was in the middle of an interview and he was 'called' to action and he had to loose the microphone and run to the helicopter, you could hear the news reporters telling people to "get out the way" very exciting to watch IMO.

The attack on Camp Bastion was on Henry's birthday and apparently gave him a 'reality check', he wanted to be back on the ground with his companions rather than flying in helicopters. Henry apparently also has "no plans" in a future military career.

Also - they're reporting that Henry's war is 'over' but according to the MOD he could go back as early as next year. Henry went out to Afghanistan upon agreement from the press that his cover was blown and in return they got 3 interviews whilst he was out there. Henry's feelings remain hostile towards the press for obvious reasons.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I've heard he could be deployed for the third time as well but Sky News said "almost certainly not".
You can really feel Harry's dislike for the press in pretty much every word he says - and he doesn't try hard to try it either.

The documentary on Harry will be shown at 8:30 pm (British time).
Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Paul Harrison's seems to know nothing about the man he's talking about. It's hilarious for a "royal correspondent".
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Prince Harry named the world's most eligible bachelor
Can't say I disagree with the list. I normally go for geeky guys but Harry is really quite adorable and I've always had a soft spot for him.

Quite a strange list!
I mean, Nicholson must be around ninety by now, and Clooney is...let's say, apt to stay a bachelor?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Quite a strange list!
I mean, Nicholson must be around ninety by now, and Clooney is...let's say, apt to stay a bachelor?
Jack is 75 and Clooney is currently dating Stacy Ann-Marie Keibler a wrestler.

SkyNews needs to sort out its reporting skills because it's pathetic. Henry is currently in Cyprus 'decompressing', he'll then have a few weeks off when he gets back and then back to Apache work. Seriously sick of the reporters saying he needs to 'cover' for his brother who can stay in Wales until he becomes King and Henry can "open things". This Kate woman is finally talking some sense!!

Apparently Henry is going to have 2013 'dictated' to him because his brother is in Wales and Catherine will be concentrating on the baby, then they'll both be out of action when they'll be looking after the newborn. Feeling so sorry for Henry right now.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Majesty

Documentary is now On:
tvpc.com - Sky News HQ
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

IS the same interview being shown on Sky and BBC?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
IS the same interview being shown on Sky and BBC?
Different from what I can see but along the same lines. SkyNews seem to be able to tell the future which is rather annoying.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

A very frank interview from Prince Harry on ITV.

His bitterness towards the press is clear for all to see. He's angry that, in his view, William and Kate were forced to announce their pregnancy early because of the press. He is very bitter about the Las Vegas photos. He says that the newspapers all knew when that happened that he was heading to Afghan, that LV was a last hurrah, in his words he was "too much soldier, and not enough Prince". He thinks the papers should've born in mind the fact that he was heading to a warzone to serve when deciding whether or not to publish those photos. He says there is "no such thing as a private life" as far as he can see.

He said that the press had written about his relationship with his sister-in-law, but they know nothing about it and are wrong in what they write (that he and Kate were writing to one another while he was in Afghan).

He clearly is unhappy to be coming home because it's back to the press scrutiny that he obviously hates so much. I felt uncomfortable at times with how angry he appears to be. The Queen and PoW are going to have to get Will, Kate and Harry in a room with the main press players and try and thrash out a compromise on the issue, otherwise the atmosphere is simply going to become more and more poisonous.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Tomorrow's DM front page with read "Harry - I have killed". Why do they have to twist words like that? It's awful.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Tomorrow's DM front page with read "Harry - I have killed". Why do they have to twist words like that? It's awful.
He never gets a break.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I've seen a few excerpts from Harry's interviews and he seem really angry with the media. I wonder if this is going to result in him being more closed off with the press?