The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the information, Lumutqueen. Hope there'll be an appropriate welcome for all the heroes as they come back home.

Turns out Harry is not just really lovable, he's also pretty influential. Harry came 18th in GQs list of Most Influential Men in Britain.
That's just 6 positions below Prince Charles (who was 12th) and significantly higher than William's result (he was 33rd).

London mayor named most influential man in Britain - Yahoo! News Maktoob

Old 01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A quote about Harry from a very touching article from DM about premature babies:
Quote:
Prince Harry recently visited the hospital where she is still being treated and she licked him three times.
He laughed and said: "We've only just met!" But it's her way of showing her affection.
How can you not like the guy?

Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
A quote about Harry from a very touching article from DM about premature babies:
How can you not like the guy?
You gotta know that Baby Cambridge is going to absolutely adore his/her Uncle Harry!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Harry plans to expand his African charity to five countries and quadruple its income - Telegraph
Quote:
Prince Harry plans to expand his African charity to five countries and quadruple its income In her first interview since taking over the reins of Sentebale, Cathy Ferrier discloses how Prince Harry makes his presence felt even while he's on the front line in Afghanistan.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Wow! I'm really impressed! Harry is the man who puts 110% effort into whatever it is he's doing and he does it well. In this respect, I think he takes after his father.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

UK Daily Star and some US papers saying Harry is back this week although exact date still confidential

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Isn't he back from afghanistan?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Isn't he back from afghanistan?
He should be back this week, like I said previously if they do it by date he'll be back tomorrow. If they do it by day it might be the end of the week.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He should be back this week, like I said previously if they do it by date he'll be back tomorrow. If they do it by day it might be the end of the week.
Thank you!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Harry's birthday wishes to a comrade's daughter: Prince sends handwritten note from the front line | Mail Online
Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Harry designs garden for Diana | The Sunday Times

Well done Harry!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The headline is wrong, the garden is for his charity Sentebale and happens to contain one element in relation to Diana. Nor did he design it, he approved designs sent to him and gave his thoughts.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The headline is wrong, the garden is for his charity Sentebale and happens to contain one element in relation to Diana. Nor did he design it, he approved designs sent to him and gave his thoughts.
Well said. I think Harry would be disappointed on the emphasis on Diana rather than his charity.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Majesty

His mother is the heart of his charity.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I disagree - it's the children of Lesotho.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Majesty

Yeah, but you know what I mean. Harry & Prince Seeiso created this charity and dedicated it to their late mothers. The purpose of the charity is to help aid children orphaned by HIV/AIDS.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The garden will feature:
- A William plant, in tribute to his brother.
- The main focal point of the garden will be a hearts and crown terrace, based on a blanket design by the late mother of Prince Seeiso of Lesotho.

The hearts and crown terrace is thus connected with Lesotho, not Diana. In addition, they are only said to be the favourite flowers of Diana; I've never heard of it before. This said, I don't doubt that whether the flowers were or weren't favourites of Diana, Harry did have his mother in mind when agreeing to the design of the garden.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry has kept his non-military charities low key because, I think, he was well aware that the much as he loved his mother, the "Diana" effect would adversely effect them and certainly take the focus off the charities themselves.

Personally, if I were him, I would be peeved that any good thing I do is immediately attributed to his mother when:

a. He has two parents, and

b. He is a grown man who is doing what he can in his own inimitable style.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The media have been waiting for the boys to play the Diana card. They haven't which IMO is a good thing. so the So now the press are doing it instead. It's a slow BRF news week.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry named the world's most eligible bachelor
Quote:
Prince Harry has been named the world's most eligible bachelor ahead of sports stars and actors including George Clooney and Jack Nicholson. Prince William's single younger brother, who is currently serving as a military helicopter co-pilot in Afghanistan, has topped the Top 40 Bachelors list compiled by America's Town & Country magazine. Harry made the list ahead of Hollywood's most famous bachelors – Clooney and Nicholson.

The list also featured a number of other European royals, including Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, Grace Kelly's grandson Pierre Rainier Stefano Casiraghi of Monaco, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, and Prince Amedeo of Belgium.
Can't say I disagree with the list. I normally go for geeky guys but Harry is really quite adorable and I've always had a soft spot for him.

Closed Thread