Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are saying that after the interview, Harry will return to either Kensington Palace or Highgrove.

I understand about the deal but what I don't understand is the timing of today's interview. The squadron has been in decompression in Cyprus and this is going to continue for the next few days/week ( this has just been mentioned on Sky). This is get them adjusted to being out of theatre and into a different, normal life and regime.

But Harry is going to be question by the media for, apparently, 30 minutes. The MOD has got this wrong. H should be interviewed next week after his down time.

And don't tell me it's the reality of being royal, I have heard that so often but it doesn't mean it's right.

I agree, he should be given time to himself and with his family and then give the interview but I guess they have decided to do the interview now.

Harry is waiting for everyone to get their carry ons before deplanning. I know what the news has said but he is supposed to return to Wattisham with his squadron like everyone else.

But Harry is going to be question by the media for, apparently, 30 minutes. The MOD has got this wrong. H should be interviewed next week after his down time.

Some people are saying this interview is not MOD approved like previously suggested.

EDIT PICTURE: http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-01-23/prince-harry-returns-to-britain/

Picture of Henry leaving the plane.

Last edited:
Harry is waiting for everyone to get their carry ons before deplanning. I know what the news has said but he is supposed to return to Wattisham with his squadron like everyone else.

Some people are saying this interview is not MOD approved like previously suggested.

EDIT PICTURE: Harry arrives back in Britain - ITV News

Picture of Henry leaving the plane.

Interesting, not what Richard Palmer said earlier. I m watching sky news at the moment. What are you watching Lumutqueen?

Interesting, not what Richard Palmer said earlier. I m watching sky news at the moment. What are you watching Lumutqueen?

BBC News, there's a report on now talking about the change in weather. Apparently we'll be getting an interview in the next few minutes.

Last edited:
Well, I'm looking forward to the interview.

Interview is on SKYNEWS right now!!!

@HWalesWatch: RT @Georginaitv: Asked what 2013 holds... he says he's looking to take on more royal stuff and spend more time with his charities

The interview will be on BBC at 6.

Last edited:
I think it's good that he want to take on more royal duties and focus on his charities. I have always said that it's time for the younger generation of royals to step up their official duties.

More tweets;

@RoyalReporter: Asked to clarify if he killed in Afghanistan, Harry says: "You get asked to do things that you'd expect to do wearing this uniform."

@RoyalReporter: Prince Harry talked about a 7-year-old girl being shot on his last day in Afghanistan: "I don't know what's normal for me anymore."

Here's another tweet.

SkyNewsRoyal: "longing to see my brother and sister-in-law. That's behind closed doors, you guys (media) aren't invites."

What a random question about his family tree. What was the interviewer hoping for? "I like to imagine I'm a modern-day Henry V at the battle of Agincourt, only instead of being on a horse I'm in a helicopter"? Very odd.

That was a very odd question and I was looking puzzled too.

What a random question about his family tree. What was the interviewer hoping for? "I like to imagine I'm a modern-day Henry V at the battle of Agincourt, only instead of being on a horse I'm in a helicopter"? Very odd.

I interpretted it from Henry's response that it was a possible dig at his parentage. Henry said something like "there's deeper meaning behind that" or there's a reason you're asking or something along those lines. The father thing was the first thing that came to mind.

Here's another tweet.

SkyNewsRoyal: "longing to see my brother and sister-in-law. That's behind closed doors, you guys (media) aren't invites."

It shows his anger against the media

i thought it was so strange... especially when he asked have you ever looked into your family tree or something like that.... is there any body whose family tree isnt more documented than his?

I LOVE Prince Harry, He has served his country, now allow him time to himself and his family, because being royal or not, his family is thrilled he is home all in one piece. My son has now served in the Air Force for 8 years, I miss him terribly and if he came back home, I would want some alone time, I can't imagine having to satisify the media first. Hope Harry gets time with W&C, they seem to be very close to each other. So glad he is back home!!

What happened to the one week decompression period? 24 hours is very little time!

I thought he was laughing when he said it. I didnt take it as malicious or mean-spirited.

What happened to the one week decompression period? 24 hours is very little time!

Not sure where you heard the "one week" thing, I think it was just over 24 hours in Cyprus and then a few days in Wattisham finishing up before his 5 week leave.

According to the RAF website; RAF Community - Decompression

Decompression usually takes between 24 and 36 hours and further details are available in the short video below.

I'm really surprised the period is so short. That's not much more time than soldiers returning from Vietnam had to adjust, and so many of them found it really difficult to be let loose back into the ordinary world after such a short time. Maybe the techniques have improved dramatically since then.

Last edited:

Prince Harry did not go with the rest of his 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment Army Air Corps, to their headquarters in Wattisham in Suffolk.

St James’s Palace said he left Brize Norton privately, but did not comment on where he was headed.

— ITV

Prince Harry did not go with the rest of his 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment Army Air Corps, to their headquarters in Wattisham in Suffolk.

Now that's something I didn't expect him to clearly "duck" out of. If his regiment does it, he should. Simple.

I thought he would've gone too but I guess not.

Just becasue we dont know where he is doesnt mean he was "ducking out". He has a lot of people and groups who claim his time. It could just be extenuating circumstances and he will meet up at Wattisham later. The fact is he has many commitments ... it could just be one more of these interviews he has to give or a separate security briefing and it isnt fair to delay/impact his squad any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom