The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
In all reality, it seems to me that "someone" will expose him once again. His presence will be too newsy to pass up.

What is a "full tour" for British troops? U.S. troops' tours usually last for 12 to 16 months.

-------------------------------------------

Anyone have an inkling of what William will do after they disband his SARS unit?
By the time that happens he will have left the forces. He is supposed to leave in 2013 and the moving of the SAR to civilians is slated to happen in 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if William stays in the SAR until it ends though.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In all reality, it seems to me that "someone" will expose him once again. His presence will be too newsy to pass up.

What is a "full tour" for British troops? U.S. troops' tours usually last for 12 to 16 months.
A full tour for British troops is 6 months I believe. I have heard this cited as the reason why the rate of PTSD is so much lower among British troops returning from Afghanistan than it is for US troops.

For some reason I had the idea that the MOD would be up front and open about Harry being in Afghanistan this time. Surely as a helicopter pilot he would spend the vast majority of his time either in the air or back at an extremely well secured base. As he wouldn't be on foot patrol this time the chances of anyone getting at him would be much, much lower. I could be wrong though. I just don't think a media blackout would work this time.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
There is no reason to expose him when the MOD is up front about Harry's deployment. Seeing as this time the talk of him going to Afghanistan has been made public rather than kept secret, is evidence that Harry wants to go without the cloud of secrecy.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Has there been a bona fide missive from the MOD regarding his deployment? No, they don't give information on individual soldiers. Harry has said he wants to go, but that's no guarantee he will go. If he does go, I won't know if he's flying a helicopter or peeling potatoes. Fly an Apache and become a great target. Honest to goodness, I don't know how he can be a helicopter pilot of any kind with no math skills.

I'm not trying to run down his reputation, simply stating the obvious.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im just glad Prince Harry will be around for the Queen's diamond Jubliee celebrations, as well as the Summer Olympics.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Has there been a bona fide missive from the MOD regarding his deployment? No, they don't give information on individual soldiers. Harry has said he wants to go, but that's no guarantee he will go. If he does go, I won't know if he's flying a helicopter or peeling potatoes. Fly an Apache and become a great target.
You seem to be under the impression that Harry "being a target" was the problem. Well it was as in as much it is to any soldier, but the concern was that Harry was a prime target and that upped the danger level for those he served with on the ground. That is why he rebranched within the Army to the Air Corps having serendipitously discovered he has a knack for flying. As to his endangering others as a helicopter pilot, well I believe that Apache Helicopters are prime targets in and of themselves so it is status quo!

Quote:
Honest to goodness, I don't know how he can be a helicopter pilot of any kind with no math skills.
I think it would be obvious to everyone that he does not have to take his shoes off in order to count past 10! Wherever did you get the idea he had no maths skills? He wouldn't even have graduated from Sandhurst if he was that bad, or are you one of those that subscribes to the theory that someone else has taken his exams for him all his life?

Quote:
I'm not trying to run down his reputation, simply stating the obvious.
Apart from your curious statement that you don't know if he's flying a helicopter or peeling potoatoes? I must be thick as a 4x2 because I'm damned if I know what was "the obvious". Care to elucidate?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

C'mon, Marge, he had to drop geography and didn't even take any math courses. At Sandringham, if the majority pass; they all pass.

As yes, I would care to elucidate. Harry's duty (what, when, where) will have to be kept as secret as possible; therefore, he could be flying helicopters or he could be peeling potatoes.

Hope no further elucidation is required.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Nobility

i like harry
Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Honest to goodness, I don't know how he can be a helicopter pilot of any kind with no math skills.
Well since he is a helicopter pilot that would seem to suggest he does have math skills. One need not have a PhD in mathmatics.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry Royal Patronages: London Marathon Charitable Trust - National British Royal Family | Examiner.com
Old 01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure where this fits but
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Harry will visit Belize, the Bahamas and Jamaica on behalf of The Queen as part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations from March 2 to 8.

Prince Harry will visit Brazil in support of the UK government and his charities from March 9 to 1, St James's Palace said.

Prince Harry will visit Brazil in support of the UK government and his charities from March 9 to 11, St James's Palace said.

Harry will visit Rio de Janeiro and the State of Sao Paolo, the palace says.

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Harry will be in Belize (including Belize and Cayo Districts) March 2 and 3; Bahamas (New Providence Island) March 3-5.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

There is no way that the MOD is going to allow Harry to fly a very, very expensive Apache unless he is an exceptional pilot...which he must be. I would also think that to fly one of those things with all those controls in front of you, you have to have a few smarts.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Tropical paradise and samba for Harry as Jubilee tour dates confirmed
Diamond Jubilee: Prince Harry tour dates revealed - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
I'm not "HarBear", but I can tell you there was an article in the DM about how William and Harry ducked out of a bar to avoid seeing Paris who was stalking them trying to meet one of them.

Quote:
Miss Hilton apparently did her best to attract a prince, but to no avail.
Prince William chatted with her only briefly before walking away and Harry tried to ignore her sexy dance, according to witnesses - a good thing too, as his girlfriend Chelsy Davy was there.

Read more: Staggering! Wills & Co splash the cash and party till the early hours with Paris Hilton | Mail Online

And this one

Paris finally finds her Prince after being snubbed by Wills and Harry... but alas, he's no spring chicken | Mail Online
Old 01-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

At last harry will go to represantation of the queen!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
At last harry will go to represantation of the queen!
... and definitely charm the sandals off of everyone he meets!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Party-loving Prince Harry to land in Brazil as part of first solo royal tour | Mail Online
Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Prince of Wales - Prince Harry's overseas tour to Belize, The Bahamas, Jamaica and Brazil
Old 01-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
... and definitely charm the sandals off of everyone he meets!
No doubt about that. That one has a great deal of charisma.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995

I'm not "HarBear", but I can tell you there was an article in the DM about how William and Harry ducked out of a bar to avoid seeing Paris who was stalking them trying to meet one of them.

And this one

Paris finally finds her Prince after being snubbed by Wills and Harry... but alas, he's no spring chicken | Mail Online
When did this happen? While Harry was in the U.S? And she must've really wanted to be noticed and yet did she know they were both taken?