Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess B said:
Prince Andrew was sent to a war zone once. This is Prince Harry's second deployment to Afghanistan.

Even if I compare the 2 spares or third in line to the throne at the time of going to war, things have been different.

What difference does it make if Andrew was only sent once and Henry has gone twice? When Andrew went to the Falklands he was second in the line to throne, he went in April and William was born in June.

Prince Andrew was sent to a war zone once. This is Prince Harry's second deployment to Afghanistan.

Even if I compare the 2 spares or third in line to the throne at the time of going to war, things have been different.

Andrew went once because the Falklands war was very short. Argentina was defeated, they surrendered, the islanders got their islands back and things pretty much went back to normal in The Falklands.
The Afghan war has been going on for over a decade. Many soldiers have been deployed to Afghanistan more than once. As a regular serving officer it is to be expected that Harry would also be deployed again to Afghanistan.

Last edited:
For those comparing the deployments of Prince Andrew and Prince Harry...

I would like to tell you something which I have read somewhere a few wks back (Maybe even here..I seriously dont remember)

1.Prince Andrew was sent to a full-fledged international war between two sovereign nations going on in front of the whole world's scrutiny, strictly as per the protocol/guidelines of the war.
There were only two prospects of Prince Andrew facing, apart from what actually happend(returning home victorious).One is he would have been killed in action..which is the ultimate destiny of any soldier..and he would have been a war hero..The other is he would have been captured as a war prisoner..but then he would have been treated with due respect and protocol established for war prisoners..and released after post-war negotiations and settlements..Everything will be fair and straight.

2.Contrast this with whats going on Afghanistan..In what right sense can we call it a war..It is just that NATO forces are hounding the terrorists..who have made a haven in the deepest mountains of a nation that hardly has a government/police.What if Prince Harry was captured..Who will be there for us to negotiate with..We should not be least bit surprised even if the most gory things happen to him..He may be decapitated publicly in a village and the video released later..or his decomposed body may be found in some gutter many wks later..forgive me..but these are perfectly normal things there (There are much worse things Pakistani soldiers did to dead bodies of Indian soldiers killed in '99 kargil war. I will not go into that).What a position will it put the Queen/Prince of Wales in..How much the Prime Minister and Chiefs of Forces will be stressed..Even Obama cant help.So these are two completely different scenarios..You just cant say "So what he is a soldier..he wants to go fight for his granny"..His granny may even die of horror if things go wrong

Last edited:
Capture/death/serious injury is the risk all soldiers take. They know that when they sign up. Harry is an Apache helicopter pilot, not a ground soldier, and so far no Apache has been shot down (thankfully) so Harry is safer than in his last tour of duty. I am sure Harry and his commanders are all very aware of the risks. As long as he choses to serve in the forces he must be seen to endure the same risks as other service personnel. If he is kept safe what do you say to the parents/husbands/wives/brothers/sisters of other service personnel that are not kept out of harms way?

The other reason that the Harry/Andrew comparison may be less relevant is that times have changed. The military, military technology and wars today are different from when Andrew served. Military intelligence practices are very different. At one time in my life it was unimaginable for the Heir to marry a commoner, a divorcee or a non-virgin. People did not demand a decrease in the cost of maintaining the monarchy; no one complained when a royal took a plane somewhere, etc. The situations are vastly different today in many ways.

Harry may be flying a heli but dont you think the Taliban know that? Yes no helis have been shot at, thank god, but who is to say that those radicals wont start taking down choppers? It is still a very dangerous job in my opinion. Im just glad that he has been moved to a different location, supposedly. Just the thought of Harry being anywhere near Camp Bastian, or whatever its called, is enough to get my stomach in knots. I know it should be about the welfare of all the men out there, and I hope that they all get out of there safely, its just that ,well ........ its Harry. The thought of any harm coming to him is just unthinkable. Just my opinion.

"It's Harry" is the exact reason he's out there. He's not coming home until his tour ends, or something happens to him. The Taliban know he's there, they can try and get at it him just like they try and kill all this countries soldiers on a daily basis.

Harry may be flying a heli but dont you think the Taliban know that? Yes no helis have been shot at, thank god, but who is to say that those radicals wont start taking down choppers? It is still a very dangerous job in my opinion. Im just glad that he has been moved to a different location, supposedly. Just the thought of Harry being anywhere near Camp Bastian, or whatever its called, is enough to get my stomach in knots. I know it should be about the welfare of all the men out there, and I hope that they all get out of there safely, its just that ,well ........ its Harry. The thought of any harm coming to him is just unthinkable. Just my opinion.
Good luck to Taliban trying to fight against one of the most sophisticated killing machines out there. It's really not that easy to shoot down an Apache. Actually, it's almost impossible unless you posses state-of-art weapons, and one of the reasons of the war is to ensure they never do.

I don't see why there's any 'come on' about it. Henry is a target like every other British soldier in the country. We know Henry wanted to do this so if he does in the war zone then at least it was in the knowledge he served his country. His life is no more important than any other soldier over there. If you take Henry out, take them all out.

QFT. I couldn't have said it better myself. By far the most level-headed and rational post about this topic.

"It's Harry" is the exact reason he's out there. He's not coming home until his tour ends, or something happens to him. The Taliban know he's there, they can try and get at it him just like they try and kill all this countries soldiers on a daily basis.

I also think the bad guys have a lot more to fear from Harry and his comrades than the other way around. And while I believe he is thoughtful about his actions (like any soldier), I'm just glad he is where he wants to be and is doing his bit for his country.

I simply ADORE this part of Harry's character - the part that knows he was born to defend his country's security. He always looks confident/settled/aware/capable/in control, not to mention drop dead hunky when in uniform. ;)

:previous: Oh dear! Harry's been gone so long that they have run out of any remotely legitimate stories about him. So now it's time for creative writing . . . :lol: :ROFLMAO:

:previous:
The title I don't care for but blimey, does Harry look good in a uniform or what? :royalguard:

:previous:
The title I don't care for but blimey, does Harry look good in a uniform or what? :royalguard:

Yeeeessssss maaaam. I try to avoid meaningless posts and this may seem like it is meaningless. But Harry can defend my borders any time. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

AdmirerUS said:
Yeeeessssss maaaam. I try to avoid meaningless posts and this may seem like it is meaningless. But Harry can defend my borders any time. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That had me :ROFLMAO:. Love it.

Amen to that sister! That is one handsome young man and the uniform is nice too. :)

Just stay safe, Harry.
And the same goes for all the soldiers in Afghanistan - British, American, Armenian and others.

Artemisia said:
Just stay safe, Harry.
And the same goes for all the soldiers in Afghanistan - British, American, Armenian and others.

Well put! I couldn't agree more.

:chef::easterbunny:stay safe ginger:king3:, take carer como back soon!!:notworthy:

I wonder if Harry will ever do a stint in The Falklands, keeping the Argentinians at bay :)

I wonder if Harry will ever do a stint in The Falklands, keeping the Argentinians at bay :)

If there were army operations in the Falklands, you may well see Harry there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom