Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Daria S...when Harry is bad he is awful.

But when he is good... he's very very good!

Hopefully with experience will come wisdom and ability to balance things out. He has a great deal of potential.

Right. I want Harry to mature and use better judgement, but to retain the essence of his appealing personality.

I hope he finds a way to do it.

Although I can't hear the video (no CC),

What is CC? You know he does look alot like Prince Charles in that video also, I never saw so clear as I did now.

What is CC? You know he does look alot like Prince Charles in that video also, I never saw so clear as I did now.

CC is closed captioning for the hearing impaired. :D

When I first saw the post with the video (it was frozen with an arrow) I had to do a double take as the resemblance to Charles is so uncanny.

CC is closed captioning for the hearing impaired. :D

When I first saw the post with the video (it was frozen with an arrow) I had to do a double take as the resemblance to Charles is so uncanny.

Another uncanny family resemblance is Peter Philips and William. There is a picture of Harry and Peter at the Olympics. Peter is on his feet cheering and I initially was sure it was William. It wasn't. It was Peter.

P.S. Harry also has 'inherited' Charles' natty-dresser gene (of course, Diana was no slouch when it came to the sartorial). I also find Harry's spoken voice and enunciation way more pleasant than William's (though here is not the best example since he seems to be racing and slurring his speech - might be nerves - he could learn delivery from Charles, slow and precise does it).

Last edited:
Another uncanny family resemblance is Peter Philips and William.

YES YES! Family genes are so weird. My sister and my aunt look like twins when they were young, it's so eerie looking at their pics.

Prince Harry has a nice voice. I agree that the delivery is a little rushed, but I think he did well. Where do you get his official schedule? Will he be appearing at the Paralympics games? I know they said he wouldn't appear in the closing ceremony.

US Royal Watcher said:
Prince Harry has a nice voice. I agree that the delivery is a little rushed, but I think he did well. Where do you get his official schedule? Will he be appearing at the Paralympics games? I know they said he wouldn't appear in the closing ceremony.

Harry's engagements will be on the BRF and Clarence House diaries.

The most obvious trait is the "chewing" of the lips - both Charles and Harry do this. Both princes have inherited the "hands" thing (dont know how else to describe it) from Charles but, interestingly, I think Catherine now does it as well. It goes:

Fingers grasped, apart, open hands with fingers apart, come together, fingers grasped etc etc.

As for family likenesses, Harry's nose is obviously inherited from his Grandmother

Queen Elizabeth II Smiles At Prince Harry As She Inspects

and his great(x?) uncle Edward VIII

Edward Windsor Prince Of Wales Circa 1925 He Acceded The

Harry does remind me of his great uncle Edward.

LaRae

great LaRae - I thought it was only me.

...As for family likenesses, Harry's nose is obviously inherited from his Grandmother...
...and his great(x?) uncle Edward VIII
A clarification:
Harry may have some characteristics in common with the Duke of Windsor but he cannot have inherited them from him.
The direct line is George V > George VI > Elizabeth II > Charles > Harry
Whatever the legacies Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor left to posterity, his genes were not among them.

A clarification:
Harry may have some characteristics in common with the Duke of Windsor but he cannot have inherited them from him.
The direct line is George V > George VI > Elizabeth II > Charles > Harry
Whatever the legacies Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor left to posterity, his genes were not among them.

Warren I agree - therefore Edward Viii and Harry could have inherited their "nose" from either George V or Q Mary - I think its QM (but only because QEII looks so much like her)

great LaRae - I thought it was only me.

There are some pics out there I saw a few months ago of Edward at a younger age and they are very similar to Harry around the same age.

Between these pics and Harry having the same nose as his 'granny' that should stop the 'he's not the son of Charles' comments.

LaRae

I recall an article showing how much Prince Harry looks resembles Queen Mary. It is remarkable.

Prince Harry loses out on inheriting remote island from German Count
Prince Harry has missed out on the perfect spot to escape his Las Vegas party of shame. Lawyers for an eccentric German count have done a U-turn on his promise to leave a deserted Scottish island to the royal. Little Bernera, in the Outer Hebrides, was owned by Count Robin Mirrlees before his death in June, at the age of 87. He said in an interview that he would leave the 250-acre private island to the prince after a fall-out with his son.
This has to be the most pointless article EVER.
Having wasted a couple of minutes of my life actually reading it, here are a few quotes to give you an idea about the "lost inheritance" without repeating my mistake:
“The will of Count Mirrlees is now registered in the Books of Council and Session in Edinburgh, the main beneficiary being his grandson.”
Harry’s press secretary Miguel Head said: “None of us have any recollection of this offer having been made.”
One more thing: Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees died on 23 June 2012 - long before Harry's Vegas holidays, so I fail to see what it had to do with him deciding not to leave the island to Harry after all. Oh, and incidentally - he was no Count (as in nobility title) at all.

Last edited:
This has to be the most pointless article EVER.
Having wasted a couple of minutes of my life actually reading it, here are a few quotes to give you an idea about the "lost inheritance" without repeating my mistake:
One more thing: Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees died on 23 June 2012 - long before Harry's Vegas holidays, so I fail to see what it had to do with him deciding not to leave the island to Harry after all. Oh, and incidentally - he was no Count (as in nobility title) at all.

This is a classic Daily Mail article. Sometimes you just have to laugh at their desperation to make the most obscure and pointless stories into big scandals.

If this man had left the island to Harry, it never would've held up in a British court anyway.

This is a classic Daily Mail article. Sometimes you just have to laugh at their desperation to make the most obscure and pointless stories into big scandals.

If this man had left the island to Harry, it never would've held up in a British court anyway.
To be fair, it's not a Daily Mail article - it's a Daily Record one. ;)
DM is not the most ethical newspaper in the world, but even it wouldn't stoop that low (at least, I hope so). Besides, their stories usually feature the "royal insiders".

Just out of curiosity: why wouldn't a British court uphold a person's desire to leave his/her property to someone? Is it really different from, say, Mrs. Greville's bequest?

Last edited:

One has to seriously doubt that the Las Vegas stind of Harry would have changed the mind of the Count, reading this orbituary.

Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees - Telegraph

But a fascinating life!

I wish they would stop reporting his movements when he's deployed.

LaRae

They knew they couldn't keep it under wraps this time. The media wouldn't abide by any request from the government not to report on his deployment. All they've said is that he's now in Afghanistan for a 4 month deployment.

I'm sure everyone in the country will hope for the safe return of not only Harry, but all his comrades in Afghan in due course. Harry's trip to Las Vegas was obviously a last weekend of fun ahead of 4 months in the most dangerous place on earth. Good on Harry.

I am sure TRF members would join me in wishing Harry and the other troops a safe deployment.

We definitely do, muriel. I hope all of them can be back home in 4 months safe. After watching Harry's Mountain Heroes last night I realised how dangerous it is and how such awful things can happen in just seconds. And that just increases my respect for Harry and all others in military.
It must be particularly dangerous this time that everyone know where he is but Harry is so courageous. I feel very proud of him right now

I just heard that Prince Harry was just deployed back to Afghanistan and I will keep him an all the other troops in my prayers. I hope they all get back home safely.

I wish Harry and his Troop all the best during their tour, and I also wish their safe return.

Will Harry be back for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom