Prince Harry Current Events 22: November 2007-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think they managed to choose a day when Harry was once again not at work, (that had not been announced) and decided to invent a 'story' to make Harry look like an idiot? They could not have had any idea when they went out to watch the Hen Harriers that Harry and his friend would be out shooting and as for doing it to make Harry look an idiot, why on earth would they bother, he manages to do that on a regular basis himself, without any aid!

It could just as easily have been that the birds dove out of sight or something along those lines just as some shots went off, making the gamekeepers think the birds had been shot. It's not like we were there.

Like it's been said, there is really no proof that any crime has been committed (i.e., the shooting of the birds,) except eyewitness accounts which in case after case have proven to be notoriously unreliable. Without any evidence the people investigating this didn't have a leg to stand on- and to start with, you need the bodies of the birds to prove that there had been a crime committed. Even if they have the shells, it could be said that they had shot some other type of non-protected bird in the area if the person was found.

The men quoted in the article seem to be less cynical about the Princes' visit to see them than some posts I've seen on various boards. I would take their opinions of William and Harry more seriously than people who know the Princes from tabloid reports only.

This was a nice article to read. The man who lost his limbs has wonderful attitude. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry will be presented with his campaign medal on the 5th May, at Windsor by Princess Anne. :flowers:

Awsome news He Deserves it, will he wear Full Dress Uniform or the Camo stuff will Anne go by car??

Awsome news He Deserves it, will he wear Full Dress Uniform or the Camo stuff will Anne go by car??
He and the rest of the recipients will be in uniform! If they turned up in camouflage. :eek: :D It is only a campaign medal, earned only by being on a particular campaign for a minimum of 30 days.

They hand dozens out, I understand there will be 160 recipients on that day.

Skydragon, will also recieve Queen's Gallantry Medal (QGM) which is a civil decoration and there fore is rearly awarded to serving military personell. Why would would awarded to Prince Harry and will awarded at a different time form OSM for his aervice in Afganistan?
Why would Harry receive a QGM, (do you have a link to where you read this).

I doubt Lieutenant Wales will receive one, they are only awarded to civilians for acts of exemplary bravery and as far as I know (which isn't a lot) he has not performed any acts of exemplary bravery. :flowers:

The only I saw it was on his Prince Henry of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wikipidea Bio. Skydragon,would threre be any likewise award for his military serivce?
Oh dear, wiki does get carried away.

IF Harry had performed an amazing act of gallantry or heroism, there are medals he could be awarded but, he didn't.

He was just an ordinary junior officer doing his job, just like the thousands of other personnel out in Afghan or Iraq, in fact he probab;y did less than private Joe Bloggs! :flowers:

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Defence Policy and Business | Ministers and Chiefs make statements on Prince Harry's Afghan deployment

"What the last two months have shown is that it is perfectly possible for Prince Harry to be employed just the same as other Army officers of his rank and experience. His conduct on operations in Afghanistan has been exemplary. He has been fully involved in operations and has run the same risks as everyone else in his Battlegroup.

Prince Harry has conducted himself with professionalism for the last three months leading and fighting alongside his troops on front line operations in Helmand Province. In serving his country with distinction in dangerous circumstances, he has shown the courage and determination that are the hallmarks of everyone in our Armed Forces, many of whom are operating under very challenging circumstances. We should be proud of them all.

Subsequently, Prime Minister Gordon Brown paid tribute to Prince Harry's service in Afghanistan:
"As Sir Richard Dannatt has said, Prince Harry has been an exemplary soldier and is serving with dedication in the finest traditions of our Armed Forces. The whole of Britain will be proud of the outstanding service he is giving​

Notice the words in bold what do those make you think Skydragon? Harry I also believe did foot and armoured 'recce' duties. I am just wondering where the person got the "information" that he would QGM? Would there be a military (Army) equilivent to QGM?

Last edited:
Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Defence Policy and Business | Ministers and Chiefs make statements on Prince Harry's Afghan deployment

Notice the words in bold what do those make you think Skydragon? Harry I also believe did foot and armoured 'recce' duties. I am just wondering where the person got the "information" that he would QGM? Would there be a military (Army) equilivent to QGM?
It means he did his job, the same as 1000's of others. He wasn't caught drunk on duty, he didn't hide under his bunk or refuse to do the same as every other junior officer.
he has shown the courage and determination that are the hallmarks of everyone in our Armed Forces, many of whom are operating under very challenging circumstances. We should be proud of them all.
I can't tell you what an equivalent would be, medals are awarded for different things in the armed forces. He didn't perform any outstanding acts of bravery, therefore it is not something to even consider, IMO.

'What ifs' lead no where! :flowers:

I am looking for confirmation on several news websites but last hour (1:00 pm Central time) it was being reported on Fox News(sister station to Sky News in UK) that Prince has formally requested a meeting with The Queen regarding his intentions of asking Chelsey Davy to marry him.

I am looking for confirmation on several news websites but last hour (1:00 pm Central time) it was being reported on Fox News(sister station to Sky News in UK) that Prince has formally requested a meeting with The Queen regarding his intentions of asking Chelsey Davy to marry him.

What! I haven't read anything yet. I wonder how they came to that conclusion. I for one would be thrilled but I won't take it seriously yet.

Could it be our favorite party boy has tamed his ways? Haven't seen pictures of him out in so long. Or maybe he's just being very smart about it now.

I've read that he cut down on the partying and the extracurricular activities because of what's going on overseas-He doesn't want to be seen to be partying while others in the military are risking their lives.

I've read that he cut down on the partying and the extracurricular activities because of what's going on overseas-He doesn't want to be seen to be partying while others in the military are risking their lives.
He does seem a little more mature since his return from the war zone. If he truely believes that the wounded men he came home with are "Heroes" that may account for his change of behaviour. :flowers:

I also never discount the fact that the young Royals love to play with our heads, e.g. Harry and Chelsea break up so . . . . no one is surprised she's seen out and about all on her lonesome. Harry's a heel! Harry is also overseas! :D

Gotcha!!

Maturity and Harry don't exactly appear to go hand in glove!:ermm: Still, it is nice to see this young man grow up a bit.

Cat

I hope Harry doesn't rush into a marriage, although I'm impressed he and Chelsy have stayed together for so long.

But I wanted to say that I was reading my latest Majesty magazine and was impressed that Harry made a reference to the Battle of the Somme and trench warfare. At last, someone's decided to teach this young prince history -- and at least some of it stuck!

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if H&C married- they've been together for so long through so many things- a long distance relationship is hard enough to pull off to start with, yet they have more than once. If they do, or even if they don't, gratz to them.:flowers:

From the previous page, Skydragon's post #99:
Harry will be presented with his campaign medal on the 5th May, at Windsor by Princess Anne.

It sure must be an expert to see the big difference between the boots Kate was wearing on Sunday and the pair Chelsy was wearing today. One pair is not more fashionable than the other I would think.

I used to find William handsome but now Harry is looking good.

Glad he got it glad he was able to fight for his country ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom